• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Handball world cup

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Not a fan of handball myself... Don't know how the coverage in Germany is; I haven't been there for years haha. Probably decent as they have one of the best handball teams in the world... @Tommy might know better

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is anyone watching the handball world cup? They are showing some game in Freesport. I think handball is a really underrated game. Is is getting much coverage in Germany @nudge  or France @Batard ?

Not sure to be honest. I'm not really a fan of it myself 

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not a fan of handball myself... Don't know how the coverage in Germany is; I haven't been there for years haha. Probably decent as they have one of the best handball teams in the world... @Tommy might know better

Couldn't remember the other Germans on the forum so just picked you 😂

57 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Answering in @Tommy's behalf: Germany's matches are broadcasted on free TV in Germany and overall there's good coverage because Handball is the second most practiced team sport here.

Ow right. We don't actually have a national team. Which is quite bad I think because although handball is a minor sport in Britain we still have enough resources to put a team together

• Subscriber

Handball is one of those sports I love when it's in the Olympics but couldn't care less for the following four years.

I also think in the UK it barely even exists. Never known a school who do it in PE, or heard of a local handball club to my memory.

Strange as I do think it's a decent sport, nice balance of technique, intelligence and physicality.

26 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Handball is one of those sports I love when it's in the Olympics but couldn't care less for the following four years.

I also think in the UK it barely even exists. Never known a school who do it in PE, or heard of a local handball club to my memory.

Strange as I do think it's a decent sport, nice balance of technique, intelligence and physicality.

I do regret not going to watch it when we hosted the Olympics. I've never really understood why indoor team sports aren't more popular over here considering it pisses down most of the time.

You are right we don't even have a national team. We reformed for the Olympics but we haven't played a game since 2015.

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is anyone watching the handball world cup? They are showing some game in Freesport. I think handball is a really underrated game. Is is getting much coverage in Germany @nudge  or France @Batard ?

I played that in Germany when I was in the army, only in the gym mind you but it got pretty physical troop v troop in them days, have not seen much of it on tv over here though, maybe the odd clip on Sky Sports. 

5 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

I played that in Germany when I was in the army, only in the gym mind you but it got pretty physical troop v troop in them days, have not seen much of it on tv over here though, maybe the odd clip on Sky Sports. 

Its normally only the Olympic which are shown. This is the first time the world cup has been shown in the UK. Funnily enough there was once a man utd handball team. Don't know of they were anything to do with man utd or just took the name

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Its normally only the Olympic which are shown. This is the first time the world cup has been shown in the UK. Funnily enough there was once a man utd handball team. Don't know of they were anything to do with man utd or just took the name

Lol, just found one on Google but just says Manchester, Not United or City? xD

50493315_10157017360327855_5390697900856

https://www.manchesterhandballclub.co.uk/teampage.php?teamid=M1

Just now, CaaC - John said:

Lol, just found one on Google but just says Manchester, Not United or City? xD

50493315_10157017360327855_5390697900856

There was a handball club called Manchester utd once but they don't exist anymore. Unfortunately the same can't be said of man utd f.c :P

Archived