• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Carabao Cup 2018/19 Semi Final - Chelsea (2) p2-1 (2) Tottenham (2nd Leg)

Recommended Posts

Thursday 24th January.

Kick-off 19.45

Live on Sky Sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if we can actually field a team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't have given Chelsea a shout here but really they should be looking at this as a winnable tie with Kane and Son missing for Spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wouldn't have given Chelsea a shout here but really they should be looking at this as a winnable tie with Kane and Son missing for Spurs.

And Alli and Lucas both injured.

Their only proper attacking players would be Llorente, Lamela and Eriksen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wouldn't have given Chelsea a shout here but really they should be looking at this as a winnable tie with Kane and Son missing for Spurs.

Chelsea should smash us.

We've won once at SB since 1989. We have no Kane, no Son and now no Alli which is massive because he always scores against them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Chelsea should smash us.

We've won once at SB since 1989. We have no Kane, no Son and now no Alli which is massive because he always scores against them. 

Any other time I might agree that we would at least put up a decent fight but this side lacks fighting spirit, we have no firepower and continue to leak goals.. Spurs have one foot in the door already and can't see them throwing it away... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Any other time I might agree that we would at least put up a decent fight but this side lacks fighting spirit, we have no firepower and continue to leak goals.. Spurs have one foot in the door already and can't see them throwing it away... 

You're definitely old enough to know that we always throw it away xD

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what you are saying Storts, but we need to score two without conceding and it is quite a feat for these winners on our pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, True Blue said:

I like what you are saying Storts, but we need to score two without conceding and it is quite a feat for these winners on our pitch.

Our best hope is play for the 0-0. Could be quite a spectacle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop deep let us pass backwards and sideways and have all the possession.

Don't let Poch know i don't want us to go out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

False nine, Jorginho starting, Alonso starting. Only thing i could see change is Emerson playing because Alonso needs a "rest".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Proper piss take if we play a false 9 again. 

Higuain will play surely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Storts said:

Higuain will play surely

Would be a bad move to get him straight in, i also doubt he will sign by Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Storts said:

Higuain will play surely

As if our board is capable of signing him by then. 

And even if he does, I don't think he is eligible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

As if our board is capable of signing him by then. 

And even if he does, I don't think he is eligible. 

They will. It's Tottenham.

And yeah he would be eligible if he's signed by the deadline Wednesday, why wouldnt he be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk sport aren’t exactly known for thorough research but they were sayings he’s eligible.

i think for FA cup replays the player has to be signed for the first game, but a two legged affair is understandably different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Storts said:

They will. It's Tottenham.

And yeah he would be eligible if he's signed by the deadline Wednesday, why wouldnt he be?

Yeah nvm for the league cup as long as he has signed midday, he should be eligible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yeah nvm for the league cup as long as he has signed midday, he should be eligible. 

You know we aren't that fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, True Blue said:

You know we aren't that fast

Hold up i'd imagine is Milan waiting to sign Piatek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Praying it continues until after the deadline tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like chelsea didn’t register him in time. We will still lose but hopefully means Hazard at false 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Rumors are he struggled to get through the airport checkpoint because he is fat.

 

7 minutes ago, AMG said:

 

Oh, thats a relief.

 

I heard that he missed an empty door, and had to be sent back because his passport doesnt state he is specially abled.

 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Looks like chelsea didn’t register him in time. We will still lose but hopefully means Hazard at false 9

Just as well, according to Blue and AMG we might have had trouble getting him on the bus anyway... 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like he would change shit on his debut. Hope we start Giroud with Eden and Odoi but we wont. False nine endless passing sideways and backwards my prediction 1-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

 

Just as well, according to Blue and AMG we might have had trouble getting him on the bus anyway... 

 

Why are chelsea fans concerned about the bus?

Is Jose Mourinho coming back? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giroud must start. False 9 will demoralise everyone 

 

Edit: On a side note,  we will know more come tomorrow morning what the lineup will be. 

I know a bloke who says that every time Willian posts a matchday post on his instagram, it means he's starting. If he doesn't, he's benched. 

Safe to say if this self entitled twat doesn't post tomorrow morning, Giroud will play up top. 

Edited by Cicero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 12:32, Harvsky said:

Trying to out do each other in miserablism. What a great semi final build up :ph34r:

You do that all the time. I remember you doing it a few weeks ago with @Stan I think. We're shitter, no we're shitter

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You do that all the time. I remember you doing it a few weeks ago with @Stan I think. We're shitter, no we're shitter

 

I remember doing it with Everton fans for the New Year's Day fixture and with the Newcastle lot when we played them in September/October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You do that all the time. I remember you doing it a few weeks ago with @Stan I think. We're shitter, no we're shitter

 

It's different when I'm right, we were shitter :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement