talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carabao Cup 2018/19 Semi Final - Chelsea (2) p2-1 (2) Tottenham (2nd Leg)

football forum

Accurate summary:

Chelsea nearly fucked it up against a Tottenham side without three of their best players. Wasteful performance from them and Tottenham did will to take it to penalties.

More enjoyable summary:

Tottenham doing what Tottenham do in semi-finals. Shitting their pants at the prospect of playing in a final. Weak minded cunts that are just happy with pundits sucking them off for trying.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Didn't see the game tonight, was outside Stamford Bridge about to go in and got a call that my Dad's been rushed into hospital and being kept in overnight. Rushed straight there. Things a lot more important than football but must admit I'm all over the place right now, absolutely petrified. Find out more tomorrow I guess. Really couldn't care less about the football right now, but well done Chelsea. 

• We were very poor defensively at times, pressing as a unit and team shape, some stuff which wouldn't look out of place at Sunday league level second half.
  • Both Pedro and Giroud looked like they lacked a lot of sharpness, maybe this is down to some injuries and lack of continuity in playing time the last few months but we rely heavily on three players in their thirties in attack. 
  • Emerson was decent I thought but only with consistent playing time will we be able to judge him and see how good he can be for us. Refreshing to have more mobility on the left hand side with him there and a player who looks a lot more comfortable on the ball in advanced areas. His pace was useful tonight.
  • Barkley again very limited in most areas but I will give him some credit tonight in terms of battle and in the second ball. This perhaps comes from an understanding of English football and maybe an area of his game that he has over Kovacic.
  • Bluewolf sums it up well, we played a very weakened Spurs' side and just about got over the line. However, it was good to see some battle from us tonight even if we did lose ourselves tactically at times and on another night if it wasn't for poor finishing we could of had 3-4 goals.

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Didn't see the game tonight, was outside Stamford Bridge about to go in and got a call that my Dad's been rushed into hospital and being kept in overnight. Rushed straight there. Things a lot more important than football but must admit I'm all over the place right now, absolutely petrified. Find out more tomorrow I guess. Really couldn't care less about the football right now, but well done Chelsea. 6666 is an absolute cunt. 

Very sorry to hear that mate. Hoping everything works out for the best. 

26 minutes ago, Storts said:

Didn't see the game tonight, was outside Stamford Bridge about to go in and got a call that my Dad's been rushed into hospital and being kept in overnight. Rushed straight there. Things a lot more important than football but must admit I'm all over the place right now, absolutely petrified. Find out more tomorrow I guess. Really couldn't care less about the football right now, but well done Chelsea. 6666 is an absolute cunt. 

Hope everything gets better for him mate... 

27 minutes ago, Storts said:

Nice to know you're still thinking of me... but hopefully your dad makes a full recovery.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Storts said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope he's okay and it's nothing too serious. 

Better team over both legs. We shouldn't have lost in the first, and we had more than enough chances to secure the win without penalties last night. Very pleased with the reaction of the team, a pitch perfect first half. In the second Spurs opened up and scored from their only shot on target. After all those chances missed i was certain we would go out on penalties. All of our pens were very secure and good on Kepa to save one it meant a lot to him. 

Sorry to hear about your dad Nick, hope all is well keep us informed.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived