The better place to talk football.

Spotify

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

my username is sparmar17.

I don't create many playlists. I have one called Random because that's exactly what it is xD. I do a lot of browsing and exploring on Spotify and any song I like goes in to the Random playlist. It started off as songs I knew about when I first regularly started using Spotify. But over time you could say it's evolved.

Playlists I use to find new music:

Discover Weekly
Release Radar
All New All Now 

They're all done by Spotify. 

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Is Spotify worth the money? What's good about it?

Thinking of getting it.

Do they still do the month or two free trial for premium? Do that if they still do and decide for yourself. Well worth £10 a month in my opinion

19 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Is Spotify worth the money? What's good about it?

Thinking of getting it.

Try the free version first, theres no need to invest money.  I use it from time to time, you have access to a vast amount of songs in the same platform and you can also discover new stuff you may like according to the songs/artists you listen to more often or even lists from other people.

• 1 year later...

I don't use spotify at all. I prefer the previous model where you actually had to scout out and invest in new music and you got the excitement of listening to something new for the first time so you gave it your complete attention. 

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Harry said:

I don't use spotify at all. I prefer the previous model where you actually had to scout out and invest in new music and you got the excitement of listening to something new for the first time so you gave it your complete attention. 

You can still get playlists where it's predominantly new music. I've found playlists such as Release Radar and All New All Now have been quite good do find new artists. 

Many artists/songs that I like within last couple of years have come through the Related Artists as well on each performer's page. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

You can still get playlists where it's predominantly new music. I've found playlists such as Release Radar and All New All Now have been quite good do find new artists. 

Many artists/songs that I like within last couple of years have come through the Related Artists as well on each performer's page. 

Yeah I'm not suggesting you can't. But for me the was an aspect of pre reading and careful selection that comes with needing to fork out 20 bucks on something. 

Also I have an enormous music collection.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2022 at 07:48, nudge said:

Does anyone have any favourite playlists to share? 

I have several playlists that I've made but this is the one my wife and I enjoy together. Music I grew up with. Lots of 90's but some other decades mixed in there.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Coma said:

I have several playlists that I've made but this is the one my wife and I enjoy together. Music I grew up with. Lots of 90's but some other decades mixed in there.

Cheers! It's a bit late here now, so I will check it out properly tomorrow, but after having a quick look at the titles, I think I should enjoy it, too.

3 minutes ago, Coma said:

I'm pretty proud of my prog playlist too but that seems to be an acquired taste.

Share it, I'm pretty open to most stuff.

39 minutes ago, Coma said:

This is the most perfect example of  one of the alternative rock station in Chicago that makes me want throw my radio out from my car. It's not even bad music I just can't handle having heard those songs everyday of my life and then on repeat on every other radio station because music ended in 1998

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is the most perfect example of  one of the alternative rock station in Chicago that makes me want throw my radio out from my car. It's not even bad music I just can't handle having heard those songs everyday of my life and then on repeat on every other radio station because music ended in 1998

That's why I mentioned that my wife and I both listen to this. It's our common ground. I prefer prog and metal for the most part. She likes pop rock and today's hits. We can agree on 90's alt rock and classic rock.

Just to add, I don't listen to the radio anymore.  I carry a flash drive in my car now or just listen to podcasts. So it's not overplayed for me in that sense anymore.

9 minutes ago, Coma said:

I'm pretty picky when it comes to my metal. I tend not to go for bands that just focus on lobotomy and evil 😆. I'll give this a try.

It's a quality playlist - it's mostly classics from bigger traditional, thrash, and death metal bands. A few newer bands and newer albums. It's got some shite on it too (there's one Megadeth album that I really hate... and it's got a few songs off that for some reason). I mostly use it as a playlist when I want to listen to tasty riffs and there isn't a particular song/band I'm particularly in the mood for.

27 minutes ago, Coma said:

That's why I mentioned that my wife and I both listen to this. It's our common ground. I prefer prog and metal for the most part. She likes pop rock and today's hits. We can agree on 90's alt rock and classic rock.

Just to add, I don't listen to the radio anymore.  I carry a flash drive in my car now or just listen to podcasts. So it's not overplayed for me in that sense anymore.

Lucky you, because if I hear Blind Melon one time, my car is going into a ditch.

Archived