talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Upcoming Games You're Looking Forward To

football forum

• Subscriber

I've been patiently waiting for Ancient Cities but it got delayed; hopefully it will be released at some point this year.

@Bluewolf made a topic about Anno 1800 a while ago; looking forward to that too.

Tropico 6 is expected to be released in March.

And I'm quite excited about this little gem: Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

:D 

What upcoming games are you looking forward to?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Team Sonic Racing is due in May and I'm looking forward to it just to see how much of a rip-off it is of Mario Kart!

This one's meant to be more focused on teamwork more than anything mind, which has actually put me off more than anything.

As for me, the RE2 remake (which is cheating as it's out on Friday) and I'm interested in the Crash Team Racing remake as the original was meant to be one of few that could challenge Mario Kart.

• Subscriber

Some games I think will be good in 2019

• RE2:Remake (as Bluebird suggested bit of a cheat since its out in two days)
  • Metro Exodus
  • Days Gone
  • Code Vein
  • Control
  • Guilty Gear XX: Acore Plus R
  • Anthem (not really sure how good this will be)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Sekiro (The one I am looking forward to the most)
  • Doom: Eternal
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Second on the list)
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Stuff that's been talked about with no actual release date (2019 slated)

• Nioh 2
  • Wolfenstein: Young Blood
  • Battletoads

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Dawn of Man looks good too! 

Looks like a nice slow burner and has a good level of difficulty too considering you're probably going to have other clans attacking too?

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Looks like a nice slow burner and has a good level of difficulty too considering you're probably going to have other clans attacking too?

Apparently there are frequent attacks by raiders, especially once you begin metalworking!

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Apparently there are frequent attacks by raiders, especially once you begin metalworking!

Always makes me curious what the skill trees in these things look like. I remember playing a game called They Are Billions (https://www.numantiangames.com/theyarebillions/) and its basically a zombie apocalypse survival game but oh my lord do they ramp things up very very quickly. Some of the horde driven mechanics lull you into a sense of safety before they totally pummel you with zombies and it becomes hard to even keep up. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Always makes me curious what the skill trees in these things look like. I remember playing a game called They Are Billions (https://www.numantiangames.com/theyarebillions/) and its basically a zombie apocalypse survival game but oh my lord do they ramp things up very very quickly. Some of the horde driven mechanics lull you into a sense of safety before they totally pummel you with zombies and it becomes hard to even keep up. 

Saw the trailer of it today, not really my type of game though. I'm still trying to find time to continue on my epic Civilization IV: BTS Caveman 2 Cosmos mod save... 

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

It looks like a simpler and less epic Ancient Cities to me... I'm eagerly waiting for that one; looks amazing!

You put that one up before somewhere if I remember correctly??? Both look good, don't know which one will have more longevity in it? It's good if these games have plenty to do.. In games like these I am not so bothered about the combat aspects of it rather the building and growing but if they have them as part of the game like in DOM then so be it... I have commanded Legions for Rome In my past life, so a few disheveled cavemen trying to rob my grain will be no match for me.. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You put that one up before somewhere if I remember correctly??? Both look good, don't know which one with have more longevity in it? It's good if these games have plenty to do.. In games like these I am not so bothered about the combat aspects of it rather the building and growing but if they have them as part of the game like in DOM then so be it... I have commanded Legions for Rome In my past life, so a few disheveled cavemen trying to rob my grain will be no match for me.. :ph34r:

Yes posted a topic about 1.5 years ago... 

I think it's much more ambitious than the Dawn of Man; I follow their dev updates regularly and it looks like they are putting a lot of thought and effort into making it as perfect as possible and they had issues implementing some features with their engine a while ago....The attention to detail is almost insane. That's probably why the development is taking longer than first expected; it was supposed to be released in the end of last year but now has been pushed back to some point in 2019. I'm pretty sure it won't run on my laptop anyway though xD By the point of the actual release I should have a new one hopefully...

Just now, nudge said:

Yes posted a topic about 1.5 years ago... 

I think it's much more ambitious than the Dawn of Man; I follow their dev updates regularly and it looks like they are putting a lot of thought and effort into making it as perfect as possible and they had issues implementing some features with their engine a while ago....The attention to detail is almost insane. That's probably why the development is taking longer than first expected; it was supposed to be released in the end of last year but now has been pushed back to some point in 2019. I'm pretty sure it won't run on my laptop anyway though xD By the point of the actual release I should have a new one hopefully...

:o 1.5 years ago... jesus time is just flying by.. 

Better for them to take their time and have good content than rushing out a bug filled effort needing constant updates, I got myself a new laptop over a year ago now to run Rome 2 funny enough, don't really use it for much as most of my stuff is on the one I am currently using.. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

:o 1.5 years ago... jesus time is just flying by.. 

Better for them to take their time and have good content than rushing out a bug filled effort needing constant updates, I got myself a new laptop over a year ago now to run Rome 2 funny enough, don't really use it for much as most of my stuff is on the one I am currently using.. 

I've been thinking of getting myself a proper desktop computer again for quite a while now but with my lifestyle it's not really viable... So it'll have to be another laptop. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've been thinking of getting myself a proper desktop computer again for quite a while now but with my lifestyle it's not really viable... So it'll have to be another laptop. 

I used to be desktop all the way until I was living and working up in Nottingham and switched to a laptop, never really thought I would get on with them but got myself a Samsung just for basic needs and it was as reliable as anything and managed to play my original Rome Total War which was a bonus..  Used to download and watch films and tv on it to keep me entertained during the weeknights and such.. ( not a lot else to do up there ) there is only so much running/dog walking a man can do.. It was much better than I thought it was going to be and been with them ever since, I just tend to upgrade them as required 

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

Its quite cheap to get a desktop now, unless you want to go really high end.

I built one on pretty much a shoestring in the Summer.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, AMG said:

Its quite cheap to get a desktop now, unless you want to go really high end.

I built one on pretty much a shoestring in the Summer.

Oh I didn't really mean it financially, it's just that I'm moving quite often and I'm not sure how long I will stay where I am now, so I'm trying to own as little stuff as I can... and a desktop is a bit inconvenient to transport when moving countries so that's the main reason why I only buy laptops now. I prefer laptops in general anyway, it's just that gaming and movie watching experience is better on a desktop for me... That said I only play games a few times a month at most so that doesn't justify investing into a gaming laptop (or a desktop for that matter) anyway.

15 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Is Cyberpunk 2077 coming out in 2019? Heard they were delaying it to Spring 2020?

No official word yet. But CDPR will probably make an announcement sometime in Q3 if 2020 release, Q1 or Q2 if 2019 release. 

13 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Forgot about Last of Us Part 2. Add that to the list.

E3 demo last year was hype. 

Archived