talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How do you solve the issue of Reserve/Under-23 Football?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

What do you think needs to be solved? 

No over 23s allowed at all in match squads? Certain amount of youth teamers in senior squads? More competitive games in an already-busy schedule? Allow reserves/u23s to compete in and begin at non-league or lower league level? 

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Get rid of the rest of the Bundesliga apart from Bayern and Dortmund and replace them with English under 23 teams. :ph34r:

Gives our kids first team experience & doesn’t damage the integrity of our football leagues. Sounds good to me.

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m off to hide before our Bundesliga fans on here decide to kill me.

Honestly, short of B teams being in the football league - which is an idea I absolutely hate - I don’t know what the answer is to giving kids more first team experience vital to their development other than loaning players out.

• 2 weeks later...

Give your youth players a chance in the first team.

Personally I'd adopt the 3 foreigner rule that Serie A had in the 80s/early 90s. All clubs had an identity and the benefit of this to the league was that even the 'small' Italian clubs could attract top, top name players because Italy was the league to play in and clubs could only field three foreign players. Maybe 3 is a bit tight though so make it 4 or 5 but I do think the majority should be from the nation the club is from. Preferably from the town/city if poss

Archived