• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Fourth Round Match Chat - 25-28th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum

Danny Rose laughing and joking with Townsend seconds after Spurs are knocked out, what a proper nob. 

Spurs and Poch really are bang average dressed up as something special aren't they? Take away Alli and Kane and everything comes undone, how long exactly is this magical project going to take to reap rewards? 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Danny Rose laughing and joking with Townsend seconds after Spurs are knocked out, what a proper nob. 

Spurs and Poch really are bang average dressed up as something special aren't they? Take away Alli and Kane and everything comes undone, how long exactly is this magical project going to take to reap rewards? 

Not poch. Considering the money he has been given he has done very well.

Good to see spurs go out though. They need to know their place

• Subscriber

Nah Poch is sound and has done really well to keep Spurs stable and strong despite the infamous lack of signings and stadium issues that could have sent them into a proper crisis.

This past couple of weeks has been a symptom of the lack of depth which has always been there but due to the fitness and consistency of their starting eleven has never really been a major issue in the last couple of years until now. 

They'll carry on just fine and I don't think Kane will leave, possibly ever, but Poch will look at the last couple of weeks and rue the lack of squad depth and as soon as a Manchester United or Real Madrid put a contract under his nose and the opportunity to put together a squad that can win titles and Champions Leagues, it'll be a serious test of his loyalty.

I genuinely think that when he says now he has no interest in leaving Spurs he means it, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turned down either of the aforementioned clubs but the feeling that Spurs have hit something of a glass ceiling, a feeling which could have been prevented had they won one or both of their cup ties this week, might make it hard for him to resist a big move if push comes to shove.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

To overturn a decision on VAR, shouldn't you be 100 % sure the decision was wrong?  I think the language they use in the NFL is clear and obvious .  I dont think it was 100% sure it wasnt a penalty.

eh?

it's 100% clear that Ampadu kicks the ball first and the Wednesday player kicks the back of Ampadu's foot as he goes to strike the ball xD.

It's definitely a clear and obvious error.

Mark Lawrence talks so much dribble. "The manager has to make sure they get to half time only 1.0 down" not sure there is a lot he can do at the moment. Then says the sticker should always take the penalties. Lamard was the Chelsea penalty taker for years and he did alright

• Administrator
Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Mark Lawrence talks so much dribble. "The manager has to make sure they get to half time only 1.0 down" not sure there is a lot he can do at the moment. Then says the sticker should always take the penalties. Lamard was the Chelsea penalty taker for years and he did alright

Yep! He's always been a bit of a tool. Bit of a dinosaur in the commentating world, too. Always has some kind of dismay and disdain at football.

He thinks that Willian and Higuain could only speak in Portuguese or Italian, ignoring the fact they could both speak English and also ignoring that Higuain isn't even Italian xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

eh?

it's 100% clear that Ampadu kicks the ball first and the Wednesday player kicks the back of Ampadu's foot as he goes to strike the ball xD.

It's definitely a clear and obvious error.

Didnt look that clear to me, thought it was debatable, could have gone either way.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived