talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Fourth Round Match Chat - 25-28th January, 2019

football forum

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep! He's always been a bit of a tool. Bit of a dinosaur in the commentating world, too. Always has some kind of dismay and disdain at football.

He thinks that Willian and Higuain could only speak in Portuguese or Italian, ignoring the fact they could both speak English and also ignoring that Higuain isn't even Italian xD 

BBC use to be very good but there pundry is quite poor now overall

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Looks like he didn't want it? Sort of looked like Willian was offering it to him. 

Looked like it on the replay.... bit surprised if he was offered as it's a good way to get that early goal under your belt.. probably didn't want to come across all Christian Ronaldo on everyone in his first game.. 

6 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Didnt look that clear to me, thought it was debatable, could have gone either way.

If he had got the man first and then the ball I would have said penalty but he got the ball first.. anyone going over other than through a reckless challenge should be part and parcel of the game.. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Think you'd be in the minority there.

Probably, and it was more likely that it wasn't a penalty, but if there's any doubt what so ever, the NFL let's the decision on the field stand.  It's very hard to overturn a decision that the ref has made. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Probably, and it was more likely that it wasn't a penalty, but if there's any doubt what so ever, the NFL let's the decision on the field stand.  It's very hard to overturn a decision that the ref has made. 

Well, it's more than likely it was a penalty and that there was clear doubt about it...?

I really don't see what you're seeing in that you think it was a foul :|

5 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I so want to see Eden assist Gonzalo, but it's the right decision to rest him for Bournemouth.

Back in the good old days a player could play 110 matches a season, smoke like a chimney and hold down a full time job and do it all on just one sandwich a day... 

Too soft they are these days... 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep! He's always been a bit of a tool. Bit of a dinosaur in the commentating world, too. Always has some kind of dismay and disdain at football.

He thinks that Willian and Higuain could only speak in Portuguese or Italian, ignoring the fact they could both speak English and also ignoring that Higuain isn't even Italian xD 

I was just saying to my dad that some very knowledgable football fans could do a better job than some of the pundits. It's quite bad what some of them get paid to talk dribble when some fans could do a better job for free. Not on about Ferdinand and that more on about Owen, Hargreaves ect

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Back in the good old days a player could play 110 matches a season, smoke like a chimney and hold down a full time job and do it all on just one sandwich a day... 

Too soft they are these days... 

Image result for back in my day gif

We'd given him enough playing time we wouldn't be in this situation. Again, there is no blame on him leaving when the likes of Willian continues to start ahead of him. 

Speaking of that fraud, how dull is our left side? Alonso, Barkley and Willian just provide nothing in terms of urgency or creativity in the third. Add Kovacic's lack of end product, it's no surprise we have a slow build up and provide nothing in the third. 

Fuck sake our left side is so bad. 

Alonso with no urgency and never takes players on. 

Willian slowing the play down.

Barkley providing nothing and gives the ball away every time. 

Really is quite pathetic how reliant we are of Hazard to create chances. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We'd given him enough playing time we wouldn't be in this situation. Again, there is no blame on him leaving when the likes of Willian continues to start ahead of him. 

Speaking of that fraud, how dull is our left side? Alonso, Barkley and Willian just provide nothing in terms of urgency or creativity in the third. Add Kovacic's lack of end product, it's no surprise we have a slow build up and provide nothing in the third. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Fuck sake our left side is so bad. 

Alonso with no urgency and never takes players on. 

Willian slowing the play down.

Barkley providing nothing and gives the ball away every time. 

Really is quite pathetic how reliant we are of Hazard to create chances. 

what are your thoughts on your left-hand side mate @Cicero

• The topic was unpinned

Archived