talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Fourth Round Match Chat - 25-28th January, 2019

football forum

24 minutes ago, Marc said:

It’s quite ridiculous that VAR is at some games but not others. Teams are playing in the same competition under different rules. 

Some grounds can't do it

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Still a fraud 

On the odd occasion he does score, it's normally always a good goal in fairness. And normally comes from him cutting inside from the left.

Alonso starting today, you'd hope it would mean Emerson starting Wednesday but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Pretty dire game, made exciting by seeing some of our youngsters on show.

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Marc said:

It’s quite ridiculous that VAR is at some games but not others. Teams are playing in the same competition under different rules. 

This is genuinely a disgrace. I don't think anything shows greater contempt for the FA Cup than this. Makes it a bit of a joke competition.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Willian fucks off from this football club. 

If I was a United manager I would take Willian off Chelsea books and throw in Fellaini for free, nothing wrong with the wee man. I would even throw in Ashley Young in the deal.   :D 

28 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is genuinely a disgrace. I don't think anything shows greater contempt for the FA Cup than this. Makes it a bit of a joke competition.

It's not possible at the moment. Some grounds can't do it yet

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

FA should subsidise costs so that it is available, or only bring VAR in to the competition when everyone has availability for it.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Nah Poch is sound and has done really well to keep Spurs stable and strong despite the infamous lack of signings and stadium issues that could have sent them into a proper crisis.

This past couple of weeks has been a symptom of the lack of depth which has always been there but due to the fitness and consistency of their starting eleven has never really been a major issue in the last couple of years until now. 

They'll carry on just fine and I don't think Kane will leave, possibly ever, but Poch will look at the last couple of weeks and rue the lack of squad depth and as soon as a Manchester United or Real Madrid put a contract under his nose and the opportunity to put together a squad that can win titles and Champions Leagues, it'll be a serious test of his loyalty.

I genuinely think that when he says now he has no interest in leaving Spurs he means it, and I wouldn't be surprised if he turned down either of the aforementioned clubs but the feeling that Spurs have hit something of a glass ceiling, a feeling which could have been prevented had they won one or both of their cup ties this week, might make it hard for him to resist a big move if push comes to shove.

I agree with this, but I don't see why you wouldn't apply the same logic to Kane? As well as Spurs have done to get where they are over the past few years, they ultimately need some financial support to push to the next level. If that doesn't come, I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of them start to look elsewhere for a chance they're not getting at Tottenham.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I agree with this, but I don't see why you wouldn't apply the same logic to Kane? As well as Spurs have done to get where they are over the past few years, they ultimately need some financial support to push to the next level. If that doesn't come, I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of them start to look elsewhere for a chance they're not getting at Tottenham.

Kane has a greater attachment to the club is all. In another 2-3 years or so I probably would apply the same logic, especially if Poch has left and there were a couple of seasons of decline.

55 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Some grounds can't do it

In that case it shouldn't be in any game.

And why couldn't the ground do it? It needs cameras and officials. I can't remember which game it was, but one game the commentators said the VAR team were watching in a truck in the car park.

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

In that case it shouldn't be in any game.

And why couldn't the ground do it? It needs cameras and officials. I can't remember which game it was, but one game the commentators said the VAR team were watching in a truck in the car park.

I dont know why they can't do. But saying we abandon it because some can't doesn't make sense to me

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont know why they can't do. But saying we abandon it because some can't doesn't make sense to me

Because it's unfair for the teams that can't xD 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

FA should subsidise costs so that it is available, or only bring VAR in to the competition when everyone has availability for it.

I don't agree. I don't think because grounds can't use it we don't start using it. For me that is delaying progress. Maybe they should subsidies it I don't know why they don't

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Because it's unfair for the teams that can't xD 

It is but of we didn't use it it would be unfair on everyone so it is better than not at all IMO. Also I haven't heard of any managers complaining that their ground can't use it yet

I've tried to google why it's at some grounds and not others and there doesn't appear to be a reason. It's at all the Prem grounds but no football league grounds.

There is no reason why it couldn't be the The Den for example yesterday but it can be at shit holes like turf moore.

It's not it 'can't' be at some grounds it just it isn't - probably due to money.

football forum
2 minutes ago, Marc said:

I've tried to google why it's at some grounds and not others and there doesn't appear to be a reason. It's at all the Prem grounds but no football league grounds.

There is no reason why it couldn't be the The Den for example yesterday but it can be at shit holes like turf moore.

It's not it 'can't' be at some grounds it just it isn't - probably due to money.

Mystery solved.

Tottenham obviously had injuries but they still chose to rest players against Premier League opposition and that was Pochettino's decision so he has to take a lot of blame for their exit here. He chose to put out such a weak side.

50 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Tottenham obviously had injuries but they still chose to rest players against Premier League opposition and that was Pochettino's decision so he has to take a lot of blame for their exit here. He chose to put out such a weak side.

He has to prioritize the League

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

For that reason it shouldn't be in the competition then for me. You can't play by some rules for some games and not for others. It makes a mockery of the competition. Loses credibility.

39 minutes ago, Dan said:

For that reason it shouldn't be in the competition then for me. You can't play by some rules for some games and not for others. It makes a mockery of the competition. Loses credibility.

Fair enough. For me personally I think it is better to have it in place even if not in every game than not at all. However I do agree that the fa should insure it is at every game. Certainly from the third round onwards. 

• Subscriber

I don't see the big fuss despite us being on the receiving end. It wasn't unfair on the day because it could just as easily have fucked Millwall over. As long as it's the same for both sides then you just have to play the football match that's in front of you.

Having VAR at some grounds and not at others in the same competition is merely an extension of what happens every weekend where a refereeing team performs well in one fixture but another team of officials has a howler at another game. VAR being trialled now even if it's not ready to go in at every single ground is a positive thing because it will go some way to balancing that out in the long run.

The question is would Silva and anyone else who's moaning about it rather we got drawn at a Championship ground against a team fighting relegation in the league below us, or get drawn at a Premier League team just so we can have VAR to rule out one of the sixteen set piece goals we would have conceded against stronger opposition?

I know people are talking about it from more than an Everton perspective, but from that perspective it's unfortunate what happened but nowhere near the issue or reason we lost.

I actually find it all pretty ludicrous.

Just look at the below.

Yesterday, Millwall couldn't have VAR at their game. And yet they already have big screens in place.

The people controlling the screens showed replays to the crowd of the questionable goals which not only highlighted the ref's errors for Silva to point out to the officials, but also had Neil Harris screaming up at the stands for them to turn off the clips for fear of the mistakes being recognised.

I mean seriously?? If they can't use it across the board then whatever. But at least use it where you possibly can.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived