football forum

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
1 minute ago, Marc said:

Good post as always. Top quality.

Did you go to the game on Saturday?

Season tickets don't cover away games, thought that much was obvious. Always happy to help our members regardless of intellect however. Feel free to ask any more questions either here or via the PM function :).

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Season tickets don't cover away games, thought that much was obvious. Always happy to help our members regardless of intellect however. Feel free to ask any more questions either here or via the PM function :).

What’s the relevance in having a season ticket to not attending an away game. Having a season tocket doesn’t stop you attending away games and even helps you to obtain tickets.

Shame you didn’t go... My question can only be answered by someone that attended the game.

football forum
3 minutes ago, Marc said:

What’s the relevance in having a season ticket to not attending an away game. Having a season ticket allows you to attend away games and even helps you to obtain tickets.

Shame you didn’t go... My question can only be answered by someone that attended the game.

I do wish I were a superfan, but not everything in life is how you'd like to be. 

No worries re: the question, I'm sure your popularity on here will mean that you'll find someone to help :). Kind Regards and wishing you an excellent start to the week.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I do wish I were a superfan, but not everything in life is how you'd like to be. 

No worries re: the question, I'm sure your popularity on here will mean that you'll find someone to help :). Kind Regards and wishing you an excellent start to the week.

I’m still not sure the relevance in having a season ticket to attending an away game? but there you go. 

I agree, my forum awards and nominations show my popularity, but I don’t like to go on about it. 

Thanks for your well wishes

Whilst a tie against AFC Wimbledon or Millwall does excite me, it goes without saying that a lot of the Premier League teams should be ashamed with how there teams have performed in the FA Cup. The fans should be doing more about it. Newcastle and Bournemouth in particular have records in this tournament that are quite frankly a disgrace.

I totally get why staying in the Premier League is everything. The financial advantages are quite frankly huge. What I don't get is teams prioritising 9th over 11th. I really can't see there being that much of a difference.

It shows to me how so many of these clubs are distant from their fans. I can't imagine there being a Tottenham fan being pleased at Mauricio Pochettino about how trophies breeds egos. It's literally like going in to a job interview and asking how much annual leave you get. What motivation is there for Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Christian Eriksen etc. after hearing that? It just confirms that Spurs have become everything they hate, they've become Arsenal, just without the trophies.

I will never forget that moment I went to Wembley and one of our own Jason Puncheon scored. Looking up and seeing the Wembley arch shake. Taking in all the red and blue flags being waved about. The hairs on my neck still stand up when I think about it. It definitely made the eight years in The Championship fighting relegation and administration all worth it. I pity any fan who thinks otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It was a truly magic moment to be fair

giphy.gif

I was annoyed at how he made that moment all about himself but it was a stroke of genius to put Jason Puncheon on the bench. A livid, pissed off Palace fan who was desperate to make an impact was exactly what we needed to bring on to impact the game. Reminiscent of what Steve Coppell did with Ian Wright in 1990.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Anyone watching Barnet v Brentford tonight? It's The Bee's v The Bee's at The Hive.

Let's get ready to bumble...

I'm buzzing for it mate.

• Administrator

BBC have made their choice to show the West Brom vs Brighton replay on Wednesday 6th February at 20.05.

BT have chosen Newport vs Middlesbrough at 7.45pm the day before.

• Administrator

Replays

Tuesday 5th February, 2019
Brentford vs Barnet
Newport vs Middlesbrough
QPR vs Portsmouth
Wolves vs Shrewsbury

Wednesday 6th February, 2019
West Brom vs Brighton, 20.05

After the 5th round draw, suddenly these replays become pretty huge games for teams involved. There is a brilliant chance that any one of them could reach the Quarter Final's. 

Massive game for Newport tonight given a potential home tie with City is at stake. They deserve to get a big scalp down there again.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived