The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 26-29th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

That is a massive win.

Not at our best, appalling first half but we dug deep and deservedly turned it around in the end.

We have had many great wins this season but that will definitely be one of the most crucial we could be reflecting on.

Given Norwich and Sheff Utd drew, Boro, West Brom and Derby prolonged their stay in the Cup, it's been a good day.

You've got to be one of the worst sides in recent t times to be going up. I've never seen Leeds look good since about October, I'm surprised bielsa doesn't have you playin better football. 

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You've got to be one of the worst sides in recent t times to be going up. I've never seen Leeds look good since about October, I'm surprised bielsa doesn't have you playin better football. 

Given he's working with the same team as last year and a bench full of under 19's, I'm impressed he's got what he has out of us.

I agree too, think we have been very patchy but then no one has suffered injuries like us. We havent been able to field our first choice eleven since beating Norwich away 3-0. Never known us get so many injuries. Scandalous.

Credit to us our spirit is so good. And we have some really good kids. Top for a reason as they say.

9 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I've just read that Grimsby's red card today was their 8th of the season. No player has been sent off for the opposition in that time. Quality refereeing in this league O.o

Even if you doubt the competency of the officials, you can't really come to that conclusion from those statistics. It would suggest Grimsby are incredibly undisciplined and dirty.

• Subscriber
56 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Even if you doubt the competency of the officials, you can't really come to that conclusion from those statistics. It would suggest Grimsby are incredibly undisciplined and dirty.

It was based more on the fact that seeing some of those decisions, you’d question why we had received red cards but yet elbows in the face from opposition and similar challenges aren’t even awarded a yellow let alone a red.

Impressive win against Hull yesterday considering their recent form, but had I not known that and saw their team then I would have fully expected a home win. Bowen, Grosicki and Henriksen are good footballers but other than that their wasn't a huge amount for us to fear and we kept those three pretty quiet.

In the first half we were in complete control, playing some lovely football, hassling and closing Hull down and not giving them a chance. Second half they came back into it slightly but I never felt we were in any danger - Campbell looked slightly threatening when brought on at HT but starting Martin upfront played right into our hands as Lenihan and Rodwell won everything against him and he isn't very mobile. We switched Reed and Armstrong so Reed could help his full back out with Bowen, but he had a very quiet game. Dack not at his best, but Armstrong was and the likes of Travis and Rodwell breaking into the side have been a huge bonus. Smallwood and Mulgrew will have to fight hard for their places back now especially Mulgrew as that is now 3 clean sheets in a row for Rodwell and Lenihan. I really hope we sort out a deal to keep Rodwell past this season as he now looks fit and very comfortable playing at CB. 

We have a decent run in now having played most of the top 6 twice already who so knows what the season will bring...

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Heard Sheffield United fans were singing "No one likes a grass" at Norwich fans yesterday.

Fair play Blades xD

Didn't they campaign for West Ham to get a points deduction over the Tevez saga? 

Also, all we have done is asked for clarification just as you did with the Wolves situation last season. The whole saga is incredibly boring. Heard some Leeds fans are planning a #welcomenorwich xDB|

Massive game next weekend, gutted I'm not going. It'll be some atmosphere.

Yesterdays game was brilliant, really high standard. Probably a fair result, we maybe slightly edged it. A great advert for championship football as they would say.

We are playing the best football I've ever seen a Norwich team play.

• Subscriber

These last few games have given me real hope that we can make the playoffs. What a turnaround it's been so far in 2019. And we've not been relying on Bradley Dack every game, everyone has been putting a shift in. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived