The better place to talk football.

Oscars and Golden Globes

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've seen two and a half movies from the whole nominee list xD 

Only saw Black Panther from the Best Picture nominees.

BlackKklansman looks interesting and Vice should be decent as well, but the rest of the best pics noms look dull.

Just another 'meh' year.

5 minutes ago, Machado said:

Not even one of the better ones IMO. Not trying to be anti PC but come on.

One of the worst Marvel movies.

If you wanted to nominate a popular, but good movie, then Infinity War was your movie.

Some of the weakest nominations I've seen in a while. Generally it just doesn't look very exciting. 

Ethan Hawke for his performance in First Reformed was definitely snubbed. 

56 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've seen two and a half movies from the whole nominee list xD 

I have only seen one of them BlackKlansman but feel that is at least worthy of being on that list... 

On another note I would say best visual effects has to be down to 'Avengers Infinity War' or 'Ready Player One'  

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I have only seen one of them BlackKlansman but feel that is at least worthy of being on that list... 

I've seen Solo: The Star Wars Story and First Man in full, and parts of Black Panther... 

• 4 weeks later...

The only good thing about it was Olivia Colman's lovely speech. It was genuine and adorable unlike the fake, OTT surprise some show after winning. 

Also, happy with Spiderman - Into the Spiderverse getting the Oscar. Going to repeat what I said in the other thread, it's the best Spiderman movie. 

Lastly, thought Spike Lee behaved like a spoilt child. Apparently threw a fit when Green Book won the best film award (tweeted by reporters present there) and during his back stage interview. I haven't watched the Green Book, and it could be awful and I am aware of Peter Farrelly's past but dude, enjoy your night instead of making snide remarks about others. I remember Lee having problems with Django Unchained, as well. Came across as a muppet. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

The only good thing about it was Olivia Coleman's lovely speech. It was genuine and adorable unlike the fake, OTT surprise some show after winning. 

Never watched the Oscars as it is getting boring nowadays but saw that bit above on the news, especially when she blew a raspberry when she was told to hurry up, me and the wife laughed our socks off  xD

7 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Never watched the Oscars as it is getting boring nowadays but saw that bit above on the news, especially when she blew a raspberry when she was told to hurry up, me and the wife laughed our socks off  xD

Yep, it was brilliant. 

Here's the whole speech. 

And my mistake. It's Colman not Coleman. 

Archived