The better place to talk football.

Oscars and Golden Globes

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, Cicero said:

I expect it to be blown away if it won over 1917. 

So friends and family I know that have seen it say its very good but not as good as Dunkirk :D

Ill start knocking off others on the nom list so I have something to compare it to but the only other one Ive seen is Joker thus far.

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

So friends and family I know that have seen it say its very good but not as good as Dunkirk :D

Ill start knocking off others on the nom list so I have something to compare it to but the only other one Ive seen is Joker thus far.

I’d go as far as to saying it’s the best war movie I’ve ever seen. 

I meant Parasite better blow me away if it won best picture over 1917. 

11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

It was miles better than Dunkirk in my honest opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Subscriber

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/sep/08/oscars-academy-awards-diversity-race-gender

So now, if you're not diverse enough you can't get best picture. I don't get why a creative industry needs to adhere to any of these non-sensical rules. Not all movies are made based on inclusion and this seems the exact opposite of letting creativity shine through. 

Archived