talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How many countries have you visited?

football forum

How many countries have you visited?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. How many countries have you visited?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Finland (only a weekend trip to Tampere)
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
Poland
Belarus (only a weekend trip by car)
Russia (Moscow; St. Petersburg; Kaliningrad)
Germany
Netherlands
Belgium (only a weekend trip to Antwerp and Bruges) 
Austria
Czech Republic
Qatar (only a day in Doha due to transfer)
Thailand
Cambodia
Laos
Vietnam

So a bit more than I thought initially. 

I've been on a cruise when I was younger that bumped up the total.

Denmark, Sweden, Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Ireland, Portugal, USA. 

So 12 I think. A few (France, Portugal, Turkey, Greece) were just one day stops on the cruise which I've never visited again.

Also one (Sweden) was a one day train trip. Ireland was also just an flight transfer in Dublin.

So if it's foreign countries I've slept overnight in, then it's 6. 

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Stan said:

16 I think. I've been to about 3 or 4 US states but counted those as one. 

Netherlands
Wales
Belgium
Denmark
India
Portugal
Spain (incl. Lanzarote)
USA (Nevada, Cali, Florida)
Mexico
South Africa
Morocco
France
Malaysia
UAE
Greece (Mykonos, Crete and Rhodes)
Turkey

Let me see.

Peru, Canada, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, Venezuela, USA, Costa Rica, England, France, Italy, Vatican City, Monaco, Spain, Malta, Panama, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium.

Surely I've missed a few but I've been to all of those.

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands, Italy, Malaysia, Hungary and if can be counted as they are nearby (Serbia, Croatia and Monte Negro).

Why wouldn't that be allowed? I listed Australia which I'd the country I've lived in since birth. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands, Italy, Malaysia, Hungary and if can be counted as they are nearby (Serbia, Croatia and Monte Negro).

2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

You shouldn't be counting Spain, mate. :ph34r:

Not sure why USA isn't listed as I presumed he lived in New York as well.

• Subscriber

US, Mexico, Japan, Singapore, Indonesia, Jamaica. I think thats it, I travelled a bit more in my early years before I settled in with a mortgage. Been planning on taking an extended trip in a year or twos time as I should have a window with my better half for hoepfully 8 months or a year. Were probably looking at southeast asia and the Phillipines but the debate goes on. My trip before I used funds for a down payment was going to be Italy and Greece so Im still pushing for that but it might not be feasible.

• Subscriber

What I would really like to visit in the future are the Central Asian countries, China and Mongolia, and Caucasus (Georgia and Azerbaijan). China is happening sooner or later, likely this year, but I don't have any plans for the rest at the moment. Also I'd absolutely love to do the whole Trans-Siberian railway journey from start to finish; that's been on my bucket list for many years now...

Off the top of my head - 

USA, Canada, Jamaica, England, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Vatican City, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia, China, Liechtenstien = 18

Not as many as I thought...really. 

Countries I'd like to visit (in no order): Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Portugal, Spain, Iceland, Qatar, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Estonia, India, Nepal, Japan, New Zealand, Australia.  

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

What I would really like to visit in the future are the Central Asian countries, China and Mongolia, and Caucasus (Georgia and Azerbaijan). China is happening sooner or later, likely this year, but I don't have any plans for the rest at the moment. Also I'd absolutely love to do the whole Trans-Siberian railway journey from start to finish; that's been on my bucket list for many years now...

Caribbean, Germany, Australia, Japan, China and South America are on my list. 

To see the Northern Lights from Iceland or somewhere in Scandinavia is on the list too. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

To see the Northern Lights from Iceland or somewhere in Scandinavia is on the list too. 

Cuba! How could I forget it on my list... Was planning a holiday trip there before I moved down here but it's definitely still on my list. South America would be cool too. To be fair if given a chance I would not refuse a trip to most countries anyway xD Just prefer going to ones with significant cultural differences and lifestyle; always get a kick out of exploring things that are completely new and unusual.

Just now, nudge said:

Cuba! How could I forget it on my list... Was planning a holiday trip there before I moved down here but it's definitely still on my list. South America would be cool too. To be fair if given a chance I would not refuse a trip to most countries anyway xD Just prefer going to ones with significant cultural differences and lifestyle; always get a kick out of exploring things that are completely new and unusual.

Yes! This is also on mine, and would actually be near the top. A trip to Havana would be one of the greatest trips I could fathom at the moment. 

England

Scotland
Wales
Ireland
Spain(including islands Ibiza, Mallorca, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote)
France
Netherlands
Greece(and Greek Island Aegina)
Tunisia

I need to visit more countries. The next 3 trips I have planned are also places I've already been, but they draw me back. I think Portugal(Lisbon) would be a nice 3 day trip or so at some point soon though and a nice 2 weeks in the USA, probably California(which could lead to a potential day out in Tijuana, Mexico while there) or New York(where you could get a flight to Toronto, Canada for a day) in 2020.

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

South America would be amazing., as with the Caribbean, but I reckon somewhere like the USA would make more sense first for me. Long flights have always put me off as well and that's the main reason.

football forum

England, Scotland, Wales, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Albania, Turkey, Gibraltar, Greece, Croatia, Montenegro, Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, Malta & Morocco. 

Thinks that's all of them, 24

Just noticed that @Blue included Vatican City and Monaco which I've been to aswell so if we're taking them as countries I'm on 26.

Archived