San Jose Earthquakes vs Montreal Impact
Seattle Sounders FC vs FC Cincinnati

March 3 Sunday
DC United vs Atlanta United
LA FC vs Sporting KC

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am full San Jose this year. I really want Marcos Lopez to do well.

Raul Ruidiaz may be my favourite but he's a player I'm so used to see doing well and has already peaked. Marcos Lopez on the other hand is young, and has a bright future for Peruvian football.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I am full San Jose this year. I really want Marcos Lopez to do well.

Raul Ruidiaz may be my favourite but he's a player I'm so used to see doing well and has already peaked. Marcos Lopez on the other hand is young, and has a bright future for Peruvian football.

Enjoy that ride. Their fan support is pretty atrocious from what I've seen, but they are also on the opposite side of the country so watching them is rather tedious. 

Excited to see what Atlanta United has in store this year. Re-upped my ST's, even though I only went to 2 games last year. xD

• 1 month later...

major-league-soccer-squarelogo-142306683

Saturday - March 2, 2019
Philadelphia Union vs Toronto
Orlando City vs New York City FC
Columbus Crew vs New York RB
Dallas vs New England
Houston Dynamo vs Real Salt Lake
Colorado Rapids vs Portland Timbers
Vancouver Whitecaps vs Minnesota United
LA Galaxy vs Chicago Fire
Seattle Sounders vs Cincinnati
SJ Earthquakes vs Montreal Impact

Sunday - March 3, 2019
DC United vs Atlanta United
LAFC vs Sporting KC

Luciano Acosta linked to PSG and doing well in the MLS. But according to some people, the MLS isn't a feeder league and the Championship trumps it ;)

Also, Ruidiaz scored in his first game of the season. He'll be competing for the Golden Boot this year, in which he was already too far behind last season as he joined Seattle mid-season.

Marcos Lopez I'm hearing had a nightmare debut for San Jose.

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Luciano Acosta linked to PSG and doing well in the MLS. But according to some people, the MLS isn't a feeder league and the Championship trumps it ;)

Also, Ruidiaz scored in his first game of the season. He'll be competing for the Golden Boot this year, in which he was already too far behind last season as he joined Seattle mid-season.

Marcos Lopez I'm hearing had a nightmare debut for San Jose.

The MLS is becoming a selling league, which is an improvement on the “Retirement Home” view people had of it and the Championship is still a far, far superior level of football than the MLS, defending in the MLS is often similar to defending you’d get in League Two over here. 

Well that sucked. There are two things Atlanta United can't seem to get over: 1.) DC United, 2.) Getting curb stomped to start the season. Last year was a 4-0 loss to Houston, this year it is a 2-0 to DC United. 

We were the only MLS team to NOT score a goal...pitiful. 

No excuses, we need to be better. 

6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

The MLS is becoming a selling league, which is an improvement on the “Retirement Home” view people had of it and the Championship is still a far, far superior level of football than the MLS, defending in the MLS is often similar to defending you’d get in League Two over here. 

I agree that the championship trumps it in standard. I just don't think it does in terms of profile.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

What are you using to judge the profile of both? 

The fact that footballers like Zlatan, Rooney, and other high profile names certainly help it, as does being the league from the USA, the worlds super power. Being a top flight (more like only flight) is also an advantage. 

54 minutes ago, Blue said:

The fact that footballers like Zlatan, Rooney, and other high profile names certainly help it, as does being the league from the USA, the worlds super power. Being a top flight (more like only flight) is also an advantage. 

I think the general view, certainly in Europe, is that the League has long been a retirement home for big names, like those you’ve listed, who see out the twilight of their career in places like LA and isn’t necessarily a show of the leagues pull due to quality. The global reach via televisual contracts appears to be far less than the Championship, where Play-Off Finals are visible in 170 countries. 

I don’t think there’s a huge difference but the MLS is a long way off being considered “high profile”. 

• Subscriber

Went to the home opener for the Cap's on the weekend, this team is kinda shite. A couple of bright spots but it looks like they've banked most if not all of Alfonso's money. Minnesota didnt look like a good team but they definitely deserved all the points. Might be a bit harsh as the group of caps havent played much together but I have higher hopes. 3-2 game anyways was a great day out regardless. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's a good save, but it's not save of the year for 2 reasons.

1.) The season literally just started xD

2.) It's not as good of a save as it was a poor finish

That's the MLS for you. 
I think it's the fact he was totally wrong footed and still got a hand to it out of danger.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's the MLS for you. 
I think it's the fact he was totally wrong footed and still got a hand to it out of danger.

I've never really liked the MLS, I've always thought the defending was pretty poor... but maybe it's because I spent most of yesterday pretty drunk while I was watching the matches... but I actually found it fairly entertaining. The sides yesterday that I saw all seemed pretty decent going forward - but the defending remains just as poor in the MLS as the first MLS match I ever watched.

It lead to a lot of chances and some pretty entertaining matches. I was so entertained, I'm actually going to try to follow the league this season instead of doing what I typically do and ignore it.

Saturday 2nd March ‘19

Philadelphia Union 1-3 Toronto FC

Orlando City 2-2 New York City

Columbus Crew 1-1 New York Red Bulls

FC Dallas 1-1 New England Revolution

Colorado Rapids 3-3 Portland Timbers

Houston Dynamo 1-1 Real Salt Lake

Vancouver Whitecaps 2-3 Minnesota United

Sunday 3rd March ‘19

LA Galaxy 2-1 Chicago Fire

San Jose Earthquakes 1-2 Montreal Impact

Seattle Sounders 4-1 FC Cincinnati 

DC United 2-0 Atlanta United 

LAFC 2-1 Sporting Kansas City

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s the strangest fucking thing I’ve seen in football. So was that only penalty shootouts, or all penalties?

Penalty Shootouts. 

It's strange, but once you get used to the format, it's pretty entertaining. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived