Sporting KC vs Philadelphia Union
New York City vs DC United
Atlanta United vs Cincinnati 
LAFC vs Portland Timbers

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/03/2019 at 11:12, Stan said:

Saw a tweet about Nani RT'd on to my timeline on Twitter and it was only then that I realised he had moved to Orlando xD 

They are a small time club so it's not surprising there was no press about it. 

Also, Marcos Lopez isn't working as a left back. He does need time as he's not really played there professionally but I'm keen on him as a left winger.

Atlanta United 1 - 1 Cincinnati

Absolutely embarrassing result. Cincinnati are absolutely poor, and while we had 70% of the posession, it was literally use just swinging the ball in a 'U' shape while their 4-4-2 sat back and defended. Not real clear chances from us, and overall we need a reset to get on the same page and find some sort of identity. 

Barco is trash, Pitty has yet to play well but makes the Argentina NT o.O, Josef isn't getting as many chances, our back 3 are getting torn apart at the slightest sniff of a counter. 

We are the most talented team in the league, and we can't beat Cincy at home. 

Haven't gotten to see Seattle yet but from what I'm hearing, the attack has gotten better with the return of Morris. Good to see Gustav Svensson stick around as well. He made a good connection with Ruidiaz last year. I liked that connection better than the one with the overrated Lodeiro.

Speaking of which, Raul is going to score at least 20 this year. Confident of it. La Pulga is a goalscoring machine.

5 hours ago, Eco said:

Atlanta United 1 - 1 Cincinnati

Absolutely embarrassing result. Cincinnati are absolutely poor, and while we had 70% of the posession, it was literally use just swinging the ball in a 'U' shape while their 4-4-2 sat back and defended. Not real clear chances from us, and overall we need a reset to get on the same page and find some sort of identity. 

Barco is trash, Pitty has yet to play well but makes the Argentina NT o.O, Josef isn't getting as many chances, our back 3 are getting torn apart at the slightest sniff of a counter. 

We are the most talented team in the league, and we can't beat Cincy at home. 

He's barely played for you - I imagine he was called up more for what he'd done at River than what he's done in America.

I think in May I'm going to go up to LA to catch the LAFC match against Chicago with my pal from Chicago (and hopefully see Vela and co destroy his side).

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's barely played for you - I imagine he was called up more for what he'd done at River than what he's done in America.

I think in May I'm going to go up to LA to catch the LAFC match against Chicago with my pal from Chicago (and hopefully see Vela and co destroy his side).

3 preseason games, 

3 Champions league games

2 MLS matches

8 games and zero impact. Should have should something by now. 

major-league-soccer-squarelogo-142306683

Saturday - March 16, 2019
Chicago Fire vs Seattle Sounders
Columbus Crew vs Dallas
Houston Dynamo vs Vancouver Whitecaps
New York RB vs SJ Earthquakes
Orlando City vs Montreal Impact
DC United vs Real Salt Lake
LA Galaxy vs Minnesota United

Sunday - March 17, 2019
New York City vs LAFC
Cincinnati vs Portland Timbers
Atlanta United vs Philadelphia Union
Toronto vs New England
Colorado Rapids vs Sporting KC

WEEK 3 RESULTS

Chicago 2-4 Seattle Sounders
Columbus 1-0 FC Dallas
Houston Dynamo 3-2 Vancouver
NY Red Bulls 4-1 San Jose
Orlando City 1-3 Montreal Impact
DC United 5-0 Real Salt Lake
LA Galaxy 3-2 Minnesota United
NYCFC 2-2 LAFC
FC Cincinnati 3-0 Portland
Atlanta United 1-1 Philadelphia Union
Toronto FC 3-2 New England
Colorado 1-1 Sporting KC

CURRENT STANDINGS
image.thumb.png.221f3dbfd06de3889701bcaaa3b6a6b9.png

image.thumb.png.fbde2a2fdbfb69ced34737a0fe44ead2.png

WEEK 4 FIXTURES

Saturday, March 23
FC Dallas vs Colorado
NY Red Bulls vs Orlando City
Philadelphia vs Columbus 
LAFC vs Real Salt Lake

Sunday, March 24
New England vs FC Cincinnati

8 games in a row with a goal for Ruidiaz. Apparently he's scored 16 goals in 19 games, which is absurd.

Shame he can't do it for the NT. He's a really good player for this level.

• Subscriber

From the Isle of Lewis to Nashville - meet the Scot helping to build a club in the US

By Calum Macdonald

BBC Sport Scotland

1819424048_download(4).thumb.png.3258870acf4d0fcffaf2afd73b07449d.png

Ally Mackay left the Isle of Lewis with grand plans to make it as a footballer in America. Injury ruined that dream, but now he finds himself centre stage of football's big breakthrough in the country music capital of the world.

The Scot is Nashville Soccer Club's new assistant general manager and his feet have barely touched the ground since his appointment in January as he attempts to build a club from scratch.

Nashville plays in the USL, the second tier of US football, but will step up to the MLS next year. The club was only formed in 2016 and Mackay, 32, is thrilled to be in at the ground level.

He is working under former Liverpool CEO Ian Ayre, who hired Jurgen Klopp at Anfield, as the franchise from the self-styled "Music City" bid to turn their short history into a hit.

"It is a big task," he says. "We're essentially building a club from the ground up. We're going through a number of processes right now just to get staff into the building.

"There is a lot of parts that need to be added. For example, we've been talking about building an academy, how we're going to build it and who we have to hire. That's just one element, and that doesn't touch on the first team, so it's a massive job.

"It's exciting to think that down the line when I might not be here, something will be left in place that I played a big part in."

'Playing Championship Manager has paid off'

1671052680_download(5).png.4c756af84bf106248432767acdac7262.png

Mackay moved to America in 2007 on a football scholarship but a broken leg ended his dreams of carving out a playing career above college level. "I tell my family it was a blessing in disguise," he says.

After a sports business management degree at Stirling University, he returned to the United States to work for Stellar Group in Florida as a football agent. The company have the likes of Gareth Bale, Jesse Lingard and Gylfi Sigurdsson on their books and Mackay's expertise in identifying talent prompted Nashville to move for him.

Having spent the last 10 years negotiating deals for his clients, Mackay now sits on the other side of the table. And his early years in Lewis in front of a computer screen are no longer a misspent youth.

"I've actually had this conversation with my brother," Ally said. "We used to play Championship Manager for hours on end, so finally I can tell my mother it was for future benefit.

"There is a bit of overlap from my work as an agent in terms of negotiating contracts. But you do have to think about lots of other things now. In MLS, there is a salary cap, so you have to think if I sign this guy, how does it affect signing the next one."

Long-distance travel has become the norm for the Scot, although swapping sun-drenched Florida for the cooler climes of Tennessee has presented challenges. "We've been all over scouting," he says. "I've recently got back from Florida - that was a great conversation with my wife, telling her we've moved somewhere 40 degrees colder and I'm going back to Florida."

And he's not ruling out plucking talent from his homeland to join Scotland striker Johnny Russell, of Sporting Kansas City, in the MLS.

"Scotland is a market I know very well. My dad is a big Rangers fan and we talk a lot. The European market, in general, is interesting. You're only allowed eight internationals [non-US players] on a roster for MLS teams so you have to make sure you get the right guys."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47571803

WEEK 4 RESULTS
FC Dallas 2-1 Colorado
NY Red Bulls 0-1 Orlando City
Philadelphia 3-0 Columbus 
LAFC 2-1 Real Salt Lake
New England 0-2 FC Cincinnati

CURRENT STANDINGS
image.thumb.png.0d1909156ce2d73ec2ba2e41b6ff9854.png

image.thumb.png.f9f47afe9a778c8348f77c46af5c3693.png

WEEK 5 FIXTURES
Friday, March 29
Toronto vs New York City

Saturday, March 30
Chicago Fire vs New York RB
New England vs Minnesota United
Sporting KC vs Montreal Impact
SJ Earthquakes vs LAFC
Cincinnati vs Philadelphia Union
Columbus Crew vs Atlanta United
Colorado Rapids vs Houston Dynamo
Real Salt Lake vs Dallas
Vancouver Whitecaps vs Seattle Sounders

Sunday, March 31
Orlando City vs DC United
LA Galaxy vs Portland Timbers

Frank de Boer being found out. Some may have let his time at Palace slide, but he's a bad manager. I remember the days when he was highly rated.

2 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Frank de Boer being found out. Some may have let his time at Palace slide, but he's a bad manager. I remember the days when he was highly rated.

He is no Tata, that's for sure. But we have certainly struggled finding out engine now that Miggy left and Pity looks absolutely awful. 

The style of play isn't awful, but it's not like last year. This always happens to the Cup Winners it seems, so maybe it's out year to struggle, but he have the reigning MVP on our team and we dont seem arsed to give him any touches.

Friday - April 5, 2019
Vancouver vs LA Galaxy

Saturday - April 6, 2019
NYC FC vs Montreal Impact
Toronto FC vs Chicago
DC United vs LAFC
NY Red Bulls vs Minnesota United
Orlando City vs Colorado
Philadelphia vs FC Dallas
Columbus vs New England
San Jose vs Portland