talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - Prediction League 2019 - Tommy's Tequila Tavern

football forum

football forum

We're back ladies and gentleman, whilst the interest in last years league was great I don't think the format worked as the season went on. Predicting the top 10 drivers when the first six were pretty much guaranteed killed any form of serious competition which is why we will be following @nudge's lead and moving to a new website, FantasyGP. (https://fantasygp.com/

League Code to join: 18923584

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c421d6855787a3373

In a nutshell: create your own team of 3 drivers and 3 cars and then you score points relative to how they perform in the actual World Championship season.

To add a touch of strategy you have a budget of $75million to spend on cars and drivers – so you won’t be able to afford all the top drivers and top cars. Instead you’ll need to spend wisely and decide which midfield and back of the field competitors you want in your team.

You score points based on your drivers and cars finishing positions, if they beat their team mate or finished better than they started. Points are also awarded for making correct predictions for the GP weekend. All players are given 6 free car or driver changes to use over the season.

For each race you can make your predictions for the driver on Pole Position, who will be on the Podium, the driver with the Fastest Lap and predict the number of Safety Car Periods that will happen during the race. There’s also a Bonus Prediction which is a multiple choice question, often topical for the specific race.

I'll get things set up over the next couple of days but respond here if you are interested in taking part. It does look as though there will be many more factors in deciding the points which is what we want to spark interest. There will be a prize for the winner, but it won't be supplied by myself and probably won't be delivered to you :ph34r: The more the merrier, get involved people :banana:.

1.  Cannabis
  2. nudge
  3. Stan
  4. Tommy
  5. RandoEFC
  6. JoshBRFC
  7. MUFC

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Sounds much better than what we had last season. Sounds like you actually have to think about your choices and be more tactful perhaps, especially with the budget restrictions.

I like the idea of the multiple choice question too!

Count me in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just tried to create my team but nothing is happening, I assume it's still not live?

Yep team selection is not active yet as the driver and car prices will be set after testing! Only predictions for Australia GP can be entered at this moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Exciting times indeed 

I don't know, I find it rather hard to find the balance :7_sweat_smile: Based on my preferences and top choices for what I think is the best strategy I end up either lacking funds or with 7-8m unused money in the bank xD 

football forum
On 28/02/2019 at 19:19, nudge said:

I don't know, I find it rather hard to find the balance :7_sweat_smile: Based on my preferences and top choices for what I think is the best strategy I end up either lacking funds or with 7-8m unused money in the bank xD 

Picked a team that I'm happy with and I'm -£1,000,000. ffs xD

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Picked a team that I'm happy with and I'm -£1,000,000. ffs xD

I finally found the balance I'm happy with haha (all driver and car spots filled and no remaining budget in the bank). I think I actually won't change it anymore xD 

football forum
7 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Only 3 people in the league?

More have signed up but the website only went live a few days ago. They will come.

Archived