• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - Prediction League 2019 - Tommy's Tequila Tavern

football forum

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like I would have been higher up had I known early on that we also had to predict each race. I honestly thought we just picked 3 drivers, 3 cars, and then boom. 

Also, I wasn't aware that we only got a limited number of changes before points deductions took place, I early on I was switching both like crazy based on previous year's results. 

I will say that I have both McLaren and Renault for cheap now compared to where they are now. 

• Subscriber

My predictions haven't been that great throughout the season (except Monza) but I am very happy with my team & driver choices; that's where the majority of my points come from. Only made one change so far when I switched from Ricciardo to Kimi at the 3rd race of the season.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

My predictions haven't been that great throughout the season (except Monza) but I am very happy with my team & driver choices; that's where the majority of my points come from. Only made one change so far when I switched from Ricciardo to Kimi at the 3rd race of the season.

Yeah - I have racked up on Predictions when I've done them, but I missed maybe the first 7 weeks when I was wondering why the hell everyone was scoring so many more points than me. 

I have Lando and he's racked me up a ton of points and I got him for a good bit cheaper than what he is now. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Another solid week for me. Irratted that I lost on my prediction that Max would get pole. Also got screwed with McLaren as I have their car and they had a bad day in general. 

I have Mclaren also. I was on cloud 9 at the start, but that all faded as the race went on.

• Administrator
On 31/10/2019 at 18:46, Stan said:

Interesting bonus question for USA. Not seen that one before.

Gap between P1 and P2.

I went for 'more than 4s'.

The gap was 4.148 :D :D 

• 2 weeks later...

128 points without predicting is okay. Shame about Ferrari :ph34r:

Driver Race Bonus Qualy
Norris 4 6 5
Verstappen 25 0 15
Kvyat 1 18 0
Car Race Bonus
Ferrari 0 0
Red Bull 25 0
Toro Rosso 19 10

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

I had an absolute shocker. 

@nudge looks set to have won! Happy with my 3rd after a very indifferent start. 

We'll be having a championship deciding final race! With the Lauda in my team name I'm probably bound to lose out on it despite having a lead like Niki did before Japan 1976 :( :P 

• Subscriber
On 18/11/2019 at 15:25, nudge said:

We'll be having a championship deciding final race! With the Lauda in my team name I'm probably bound to lose out on it despite having a lead like Niki did before Japan 1976 :( :P 

Strange thing is, up till the summer break I always had around a 30 point lead at least. Since Spa I've screwed up big time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived