talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - Prediction League 2019 - Tommy's Tequila Tavern

football forum

I know results from previous years top of my head. So i take that into account, I do look into pre-qualy times but not to much. 3 days prior to the race and qualy. I analyse the weather at the place of race, this has a big bearing on my predictions.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, MUFC said:

Do any of you have a process for how you predict? Or just go with your gut instincts? 

Gut instincts. Usually wrong.

For someone who knows Jack all about this, I feel good about my predictions for China. 

I looked at previous results, recent form, and odds. Seriously spent about 30 minutes doing research, which is 29 more minutes that I spend researching my football predictions. 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I went for 3-4 cars not to finish and 1 SC.

Same.

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Kimi doing me proud

Same

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Lewis at the top

Same

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I had Vettel 2nd

Same

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

3-4 cars, 0 safety card and Lewis at the top is a good weekend for me. I had Vettel 2nd with Bottas 3rd so will probably get some reduced points for that. 

Had Leclerc for fastest lap which was never really happening xD. Ricciardo & Kimi doing me proud too as I have them in my team. 

Same for the first bit apart from 1 safety car guessed. 

For some reason I chose Verstappen for fastest lap but I don't remember picking him xD

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just a word of warning, it seems as though the website counts VSC's as Safety Cars. I predicted zero which I thought was correct but haven't scored any points for it in the breakdown - just something to be aware of as I'd have probably changed my tip had I known!

You're correct, I predicted 1 safety car, yet we only had a single VSC in the race. It gave it me as correct.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just a word of warning, it seems as though the website counts VSC's as Safety Cars. I predicted zero which I thought was correct but haven't scored any points for it in the breakdown - just something to be aware of as I'd have probably changed my tip had I known!

Quite obvious that it counts any kind of Safety Cars given the rules:

Note on Safety Car Periods: if a safety car comes out and then goes back in 3 laps later, that is 1 safety car period. Simple. If a Virtual Safety Car (VSC) is deployed and then the race resumes, that is also 1 safety car period. If a VSC period then becomes a normal proper Safety Car, that also counts as 1 single Safety Car period.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived