talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - Prediction League 2019 - Tommy's Tequila Tavern

football forum

I updated my browser and as a result i can't log in anywhere. Therefore i wasn't able to participate last race and won't be able to do so this weekend.

The dirty solution would be to delete my browser completely(Including AppData). But I don't wanna lose all my bookmarks etc so I won't do that.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I updated my browser and as a result i can't log in anywhere. Therefore i wasn't able to participate last race and won't be able to do so this weekend.

The dirty solution would be to delete my browser completely(Including AppData). But I don't wanna lose all my bookmarks etc so I won't do that.

Why can't you log in?

You can save your bookmarks to a folder on your computer and then import then when you reinstall your browser. 

• Subscriber

I completely fucked my predictions up this time. Had Hamilton - Leclerc - Max on podium. Leclerc on pole. Max for the fastest lap. 3 SC. The only one that turned out well was the bonus prediction of most positions gained... My team should yield me quite a few points though with both McLarens quite high up + Mercedes 1-2.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

I have to figure out how points work. I picked Bottas and Max - thought I would be higher up

For every Grand Prix weekend there are lots of points up for grabs. You score points for your cars and drivers finishing positions, as well how they improved from start to finish.

RACE POINTS

As with real Grand Prix the winning driver scores 25 points, 2nd place receives 18, then 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2… to 1 point for 10th place. If any of your drivers finish in the top ten places they will receive the same points. Cars also score points so if you choose McLaren as one of your cars and Lando Norris (McLaren Driver) finishes 3rd then you’ll still score 15 points even if you didn’t have Norris in your team, because you have McLaren as a car. If McLaren scored a 1-2 finish then you’d receive a whopping 43points (25+18).

DRIVER BONUS POINTS

This is a neat bonus system that rewards those truly great race drives. If you have Lewis Hamilton (for example) in your team and he starts 16th on the grid after a dismal qualifying but finishes 2nd you’ll receive the 18 points for 2nd place and also 42 bonus points for such a great drive through the field – that’s 3 points per move up the field, i.e. 16th to 2nd is an improvement of 14 positions hence (14 x 3) 42 points.

Bearing this in mind, having less expensive drivers such as Romain Grosjean can be advantageous if they consistently finish when others drop out. If he starts 19th and ends up 11th that’s 24 points, even though he didn’t finish in top 10.

CAR BONUS POINTS:

New for 2019, cars can now also score Bonus Points. If you have Williams as a team and they start 19th and 20th on the grid but make it to the finish in 15th and 19th respectively then that’s an improvement of 4 places for one car and 1 place for another car, so 5 places all together and a 5 bonus points. Cars only receive 1 bonus point per position improved

DNF = NO POINTS

If any of your drivers fail to finish the race, they receive zero points. Even if they beat their team mate in qualifying, the 5pts bonus will be zeroed. Or if they started 19th, and then DNF’d after other drivers, they won’t get bonus points. In short, DNF = no points.

You also score points based on qualifying and your predictions too, with additional bonus points up for grabs!

QUALIFYING POINTS

Your drivers score qualifying points too. If one of your drivers grabs Pole Position you’ll receive 10 points.  If your driver beats his team mate you’ll get 5 points. This adds a bit more excitement to qualifying and if you have the right drivers, means that you could gain up to 25 additional points (each of your 3 beating their team mate and one of them grabbing pole – 5+5+5+10). Note: that qualifying points and results are based on the final starting grid. In the event of drivers receiving penalties, it’s the grid on Sunday that decides the Fantasy GP points. Also, the driver must finish the race to get the 5pts. DNF = nil pts.

PREDICTION POINTS

If any of your predictions for the race weekend are correct, you’ll receive 10pts per correct prediction. This applies to the Pole Position, Podium, Fastest Lap, Safety Cars and the Bonus Prediction question. With the podium, if you predict a driver but in the wrong place you’ll receive 5pts for predicting them on the podium, but in the wrong position. For example, if you predict the podium of HAM, VET, BOT and the result is HAM, BOT, RIC then you would get 10pts for correctly predicting HAM to win and 5pts for predicting BOT on the podium.

There’s also a combo-bonus where if you guess the podium correctly with all 3 drivers in the correct positions, you’ll get 10 points for each and an additional 15pts combo-bonus. If you’re good enough to predict all 7 prediction elements correctly, you’ll receive an additional 15pts again. So a total of 100pts is achievable from predictions alone! It really is worth submitting your predictions to stand a chance of gaining some big points.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Can't wait til there's a bonus question of 'Will both Williams not finish last 2 in the race?'

Cos then 'No' would be the answer.

But then knowing traditional TF365 luck, that's the race where everyone else crashes and they both get on the podium xD 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Not sure if I should go for a Merc one and two. On one hand I feel that Max can split the Mercs, but Merc have turned the engine up in qualy.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

When do results come through lol.

Yeah been waiting for the results as well haha. They said on their twitter account that it'll be delayed a bit this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Same. Proper shit week. Only 10 points thanks to Hamilton being given the win. Mind you, would have got points for the bonus question as had 1st for pole-sitter but everything else was absolute dogturd. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived