talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2-1 Man City - Tuesday 29th January, 2019

football forum

We were superb we defended brilliantly stayed in the game and were clinical with the few chances we had. City started really well the first 20 minutes at that stage I'm thinking we have done well if we keep the score down. 

Im taking nothing away from Newcastle it was our best performance of the season the way we battled and played took our chances we deserved it but I do think they got a bit complacent maybe scoring that early in the end wasn't a great thing for them though I don't really buy that you always want to score early. We defended superbly our keeper played well to. The ref had a good game he could have sent off De Bruyne and Perez for 2nd yellow cards I'm glad he didn't it would have been soft to he clearly told De Bruyne to wait for the whistle so City cannot really complain it would have been a lovely goal from a football point of view. The pen was a stonewall pen he got that decision right well done to him mostly well done Newcastle brilliant result and a much needed win without it we would be in the bottom 3 now. Longstaff has been superb since he come in the team even when players  come back I would have him in the team next to either Shelvey Ki or Diame Schar has been some signing as well again he was fantastic. I was well proud of our performance and win. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived