talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester - Wednesday 30th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This famous Andield atmosphere isn’t very good when they aren’t winning.

it’s been a good game. Gray not squaring it to Maddison was awful decision making or maybe awareness. 

Liverpool have had a few ‘I’ve seen them given’ penalty appeals. I’m predicting a late Liverpool dodgy penalty (again). 

So fucking frustrating that. Yes, it's another point away from city but you just think with just a little bit extra we would have won that. Leicester defended well and had a few good chances, but we should be winning that. 

I think tonight shows why players go down and exaggerate contact. Defenders will always try and make small contacts to unsettle players in shooting positions, many of those will be fouls, and refs find it extremely hard to see it. 

Its only a natural and fair counter-reaction. 

• Administrator

Fucking taking that. Would never have thought we'd be getting a point and some contentious decisions - Liverpool should have had a penalty for that tackle on Keita xD

Thought we were good for the point. Kept it tight at the back after the goal and even created some decent chances, especially 2nd half. Gray not squaring it to Maddison, Maddison missing that header and Firmino nearly scoring an own goal. Could have been different but definitely not complaining.

Maguire and Chilwell were superb I thought.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Leicester deserved a point. Liverpool were really poor. The realisation is getting close and that was pure nerves tonight from them.

Disgusting from their fans in the ground. I know they're nervous but so many shots to the stands and they're there just watching. Barely any motivation for the team yet they're top of the league and going for the title (which they'll win anyway but still). It was as if they were about to get relegated if they didn't score again xD 

I know the conditions weren't exactly helpful, but this game is a perfect demonstration of the effect the likes of Gomez, Trent, and Fabinho have on our attack by moving the ball forward with purpose. We looked so much more positive when the latter came on, but still not enough.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Fucking taking that. Would never have thought we'd be getting a point and some contentious decisions - Liverpool should have had a penalty for that tackle on Keita xD

Thought we were good for the point. Kept it tight at the back after the goal and even created some decent chances, especially 2nd half. Gray not squaring it to Maddison, Maddison missing that header and Firmino nearly scoring an own goal. Could have been different but definitely not complaining.

Maguire and Chilwell were superb I thought.

That was a fantastic save from Alisson, by the way. Both to keep it out and to get it some distance away from the goal.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I know the conditions weren't exactly helpful, but this game is a perfect demonstration of the effect the likes of Gomez, Trent, and Fabinho have on our attack by moving the ball forward with purpose. We looked so much more positive when the latter came on, but still not enough.

That was a fantastic save from Alisson, by the way. Both to keep it out and to get it some distance away from the goal.

Yeah good reflexes. 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-1 Leicester - Wednesday 30th January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived