Liverpool 1-1 Leicester - Wednesday 30th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Best time to play the top teams seems to be when it is cold :ph34r:

Love that Liverpool tried to make it easier for their attackers by clearing only the box they were attacking in the 2nd half of the snow but then barely got in our box anyway xD

If anything they made it easier for our defence to not slip up! 

I thought the changes we made were a little detrimental. Keita was just starting to get into the game and Lallana comes on, slows the play down. I'd have given Keita another 10 minutes myself

Wasn't a fan of Sturridge for Firmino either

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Leicester should have won that, they definitely benefited from the awful conditions though. Hope Puel fucks off and leaves those ungrateful twats behind.77

Man City will piss the league, it's the worst since I was a kid.

Broken record.

• Subscriber

We really have developed a knack for getting a result where we in theory shouldn't.

The usual awful start (this has GOT to be addressed) but I thought from probably the 20th minute onwards we did really well. We were tough to break down and we looked threatening most times we went forward. We can be proud of that performance.

I fancy us to take something off Man Utd as well this weekend too.

Liverpool have wobbled a little in their last two games I feel.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Marc said:

Klopp has blamed the snow. Despite instructing the grounds people to only clear the half they were attacking. 

Yeah this is weird. They made it easier for us to defend. It'd have been harder to defend with the snowy ground like in the first half. Odd from Liverpool and Klopp. 

Klopp has form for blaming the natural elements. Wind x2 and now snow.

Weet Ham away next week could be tricky too, another team that is known for raising their game against the better teams at home. 

City were poor though, I thought KDB would push them on.

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah this is weird. They made it easier for us to defend. It'd have been harder to defend with the snowy ground like in the first half. Odd from Liverpool and Klopp. 

I can see where you're coming from but first half there was no pace to our play and things needed to be quicker second half, so I can see why it was done. As it turned out, we were pretty poor second half 

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-1 Leicester - Wednesday 30th January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

I honestly think on the basis of chances we probably had the better. That isn't to say we weren't helped by fortunate refereeing as the Keita one is a penalty and Maguire, I think you can argue the toss on a red or yellow for that. Can you really call it clear goalscoring opportunity that early into the attack? I can see that one either way really.

Not seen it back, but should we have had a penalty in the first half?

Maddison and Gray both very wasteful last night. Maddison had two brilliant chances, one where he's headed well wide unmarked and one where he's almost completely bottled it and ended up producing some weird scoop into the air, he didn't really shoot or pass.

Gray as well though, I'd have hooked him immediately for that. Fucking ridiculous shooting from there, square that and we probably score.

It's one of those performances where you wonder how Puel has any pressure on the bloke at all, but then you'll see us play Palace and Brighton at home this month and wonder how there's anyone who doesn't. We're by a mile the most chalk & cheese team in this league with our performances against relative opposition and it's hard to define what truly is our level.

47 minutes ago, Dan said:

I honestly think on the basis of chances we probably had the better. That isn't to say we weren't helped by fortunate refereeing as the Keita one is a penalty and Maguire, I think you can argue the toss on a red or yellow for that. Can you really call it clear goalscoring opportunity that early into the attack? I can see that one either way really.

Maddison and Gray both very wasteful last night. Maddison had two brilliant chances, one where he's headed well wide unmarked and one where he's almost completely bottled it and ended up producing some weird scoop into the air, he didn't really shoot or pass.

Gray as well though, I'd have hooked him immediately for that. Fucking ridiculous shooting from there, square that and we probably score.

It's one of those performances where you wonder how Puel has any pressure on the bloke at all, but then you'll see us play Palace and Brighton at home this month and wonder how there's anyone who doesn't. We're by a mile the most chalk & cheese team in this league with our performances against relative opposition and it's hard to define what truly is our level.

It was a foul but it was outside the box

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Really like Puel, comes across as a dignified, intelligent fella. Unlike Klopp last night, I like klopp a lot generally but the weather stuff is pitiful. 

If he could crack beating defensive sides at home he'd be regarded very highly I think. It's this tendency to blow these games that's held him back.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I will make the phone call now  ..but you have to take Bravo for free :ph34r:

Deal!

Was speaking to a Man City fan earlier. He's not overly impressed by Mahrez.

Just now, Dan said:

Deal!

Was speaking to a Man City fan earlier. He's not overly impressed by Mahrez.

He's had some good moments, takes time to learn our style of play, Sane & Bernardo was crap in his first season but now look at them  ..we know Mahrez has the talent required, might just need a bit of time

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Dan said:

Nope.

There's contact from Henderson on Maddison but he goes down so easily. Probably why the ref didn't buy it despite the minimal contact.

Archived