talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-1 Leicester - Wednesday 30th January, 2019

football forum

Why do people here indulge the clown who is an obvious troll?

@topic

Can't really be mad, being in this position. However, the team (and the fans) seemed nervous. Klopp needs to remedy that. 

Also Fabinho needs to start. He forces the issue. I thought Henderson did well at RB, despite not being his position. 

Puel has always got points against us. Even when he was at Southampton. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Henderson was dreadful last night, he can't be starting many more games if they want to win the league.

He did as well as could be expected in a position he doesn't play in.

Mad how the debate around Jordan Henderson is always black and white though. For some he's crap and there's no place in the squad for him. For others, they try and counter the haters and he can do no wrong in their eyes. I'm not his biggest fan but the truth is somewhere in the middle. He is a decent player who is definitely worth a place in the squad when he sticks to what he's good at. There was a point after he took over the captaincy where he tried to do everything, thinking he was a peak Steven Gerrard. He's never one of the first names on the teamsheet but I don't have a problem with him being one of the players who is rotated in Klopp's midfield.

• Administrator

I think the amount of stick you can give someone is limited when that player is played out of position. For what it's worth, I don't even think Henderson did that badly yesterday. Definitely wasn't Liverpool's worst player. 

5 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Why do people here indulge the clown who is an obvious troll?

@topic

Can't really be mad, being in this position. However, the team (and the fans) seemed nervous. Klopp needs to remedy that. 

Also Fabinho needs to start. He forces the issue. I thought Henderson did well at RB, despite not being his position. 

Puel has always got points against us. Even when he was at Southampton. 

Anfield in close games during a title race is almost a disadvantage at times. I don't go the match anymore but I know from previous title challenges in 08/09 and 13/14 that the crowd is extremely anxious. It'll be like that until we win the league again because of how desperate we are to win it.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Anfield in close games during a title race is almost a disadvantage at times. I don't go the match anymore but I know from previous title challenges in 08/09 and 13/14 that the crowd is extremely anxious. It'll be like that until we win the league again because of how desperate we are to win it.

Clenching all the time will do that to people.

5 minutes ago, José said:

xD Troll. Teso just tells the raw truth. He predicted TAA was the weakest link and sure enough RM took advantage of it to the fullest. Liverpool has great squad but players like TAA and Henderson are holding them back. 

Also predicted Liverpool would finish 4th.

You predicted Peru wouldn't qualify for the world cup.

You predicted Leicester would finish bottom half. (was also a bet and you have yet to still donate to the forum)

You predicted you'd beat us in the FA Cup final. 

If RAW TRUTH means your prediction is 20% accurate, then yes. I'd be inclined to believe that you do in fact tell the truth. 

1 minute ago, José said:

The others are minor predictions that didn't get enough time to think about thoroughly due to my heavy schedule. I predict sarri and Gonzalo will fail with Chelsea 

And I will raise you 'Mourinho will lead United to win the Champions League' 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Also predicted Liverpool would finish 4th.

You predicted Peru wouldn't qualify for the world cup.

You predicted Leicester would finish bottom half. (was also a bet and you have yet to still donate to the forum)

You predicted you'd beat us in the FA Cup final. 

If RAW TRUTH means your prediction is 20% accurate, then yes. I'd be inclined to believe that you do in fact tell the truth. 

His best prediction was that United would win the CL last year. He made it around 45 minutes before Man Utd played the match that sent them crashing out of the tournament.

It's not even worth giving him the attention, he's just going to post the same inane shite.

• Subscriber

Having watched the highlights back...

Maguire I do actually think is a red after all. My recollection at the time was that the ball was wider than it actually was, so that while it was a very cynical foul, it was too early into the attack to deem it a clear goalscoring opportunity. Having seen it again they're probably in 2 on 1 so he's very lucky to get away with it.

I think that we've had two big decisions go our way on the night, but also were the side that had the better chances. The expected goals stat if you read anything into that also backs this up.

Gray's isn't quite as terrible as I thought as Maddison isn't as clean through as I remember, but he should still pass that and the fact he didn't is precisely why I think he'll be limited - lacks the brain.

Maddison's header is awful, it's an absolute sitter.

Schmeichel's save from Firmino is massive - 2-0 at that point and I think we totally collapse and ship maybe 4/5. We stay in the game and end up taking something.

Overall though I thought we did ourselves proud last night. Those performances make each struggle against a Southampton or Cardiff that bit more infuriating, and those performances make these results against Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City all the more baffling. I get we're more suited to playing on the break but there's more to it than that. Even when we were more renowned for the counter attacking we were still pretty ruthless against the poorer sides.

Archived