• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Idrissa Gana Gueye - PSG Agree Fee For Everton Midfielder

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum

Rumour was he was valued at 40 and we would settle for 30. He's a great player but not worth either of those two figures so wouldn't mind him leaving. 

The only trouble is it's late in the day so we'd need a replacement, hopefully we have already identified said players and have them well tapped up. 

• Subscriber

Everton determined to keep Idrissa Gueye amid PSG interest, says Marco Silva

By Michael Kelleher

Last Updated: 28/01/19 -  2:02pm

Marco Silva says Everton are determined to hold on to Idrissa Gueye, amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain.

PSG have tabled a £21.5m bid to sign Gueye  and the 29-year-old is understood to be keen to make the move to the Ligue 1 champions.

Silva confirmed PSG have made an offer but insists Everton will not be tempted to sell at that price.

"We rejected the offer," Silva confirmed. "He is a really important player for us. We don't put [players] in the market.

"For some clubs to come here to buy our players they have to really [meet] the value of the player. For this price I cannot see the value."

Gueye has played a leading role in Everton's midfield since arriving two-and-a-half years ago for £7.6m from Aston Villa.

He has played 21 games in the Premier League this season after featuring for Senegal in the World Cup last summer.

"You know my opinion since the first day you started speaking about this possible offer," Silva said.

"From a technical point of view, as a manager, he is a really important player for us and he is one player we don't think to lose in this market.

"Of course after some moments it is a matter of money and it is up to the club to decide but from my technical point of view he is a player who is really important for us."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11620326/everton-determined-to-keep-idrissa-gueye-amid-psg-interest-says-marco-silva

I would be handing in a transfer request if I was Gueye. 

If he goes Everton may as well not pay another overinflated fee and wait till the summer to replace him. Nothing to play for after mighty Millwall dumped them out of the cup. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You see, it's reasons like that it is a bit rich when you complain about being bullied to the MODS all the time. 

If you can dish it, you can take it. 

Who are you talking to?

• Subscriber

He's one of our better players (Not that that's saying much over the last 3 years) but he's also 29 and pretty limited, so while I'd much rather see us turfing the likes of Schneiderlin out of the club than losing players who actually start games, I wouldn't exactly be gutted if he left either.

I've seen no links to us signing a replacement so I'm dreading the return of Schneiderlin, McCarthy or Davies in his place on a regular basis, unless there are actually some legs in the Doucoure links which I fucking hope not because selling Gueye for £30m and signing a similar, more overhyped replacement for £60m on £120k a week whilst simultaneously dragging the Silva tapping up scandal back into the open is exactly the kind of spastic move that has been the norm for us since we got money.

In the absence of us having a replacement lined up and knowing that we don't want to sell, I still doubt this goes through this month unless PSG match what will be an (rightly at this stage in the window) over-inflated fee far exceeding his actual value.

• Subscriber

Multiple reports to the same effect here. If true then what the actual fuck. £30m or so for a 29 year old who's great at winning the ball but can't pass and doesn't score isn't worth resigning over.

Could be true though given some of the weird circumstances Silva has left clubs under in the past, and if he's realised what a mental uphill battle managing Everton is and he can't be arsed waiting for a better excuse to get the fuck out of there.

Hopefully it's just bullshit paper talk though.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Multiple reports to the same effect here. If true then what the actual fuck. £30m or so for a 29 year old who's great at winning the ball but can't pass and doesn't score isn't worth resigning over.

Could be true though given some of the weird circumstances Silva has left clubs under in the past, and if he's realised what a mental uphill battle managing Everton is and he can't be arsed waiting for a better excuse to get the fuck out of there.

Hopefully it's just bullshit paper talk though.

Silva just wants to leave before the season is over, as is tradition. Leaving before he gets totally found out seems his style.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's bad money for Everton, 30 mill for one of your best players on a good contract is poor. Everton are run so badly, it's so sad.

Think it’s a decent amount of money for a pretty average defensive midfielder tbh. @RandoEFC pretty much summed up me thoughts on him - great at winning the ball, pretty much bog standard at everything else. With £30m more in the bank, Everton can easily sign a more well rounded defensive midfielder that will make a much more significant contribution

• Administrator

No manager is bigger than the club so I'm guessing if Silva is a man of his word and the reports are true, his resignation letter will soon be on Moshiri's desk? 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

No manager is bigger than the club so I'm guessing if Silva is a man of his word and the reports are true, his resignation letter will soon be on Moshiri's desk? 

It's only a rumour though isn't it 

• Subscriber

Absolute cunts for leaving it this late in the window when they've apparently been interested since at least last week and I'd be tempted to fuck them off based on that alone, but at the end of the day I'm not arsed either way whether we keep him or not because come the summer his value will have dropped, he's at that age, and I certainly don't begrudge him wanting this move.

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber

Very much hope this isn't true. He's come on quite a lot under Silva to the point where the average/limited comments I was throwing out there in January no longer apply.

He is still about to turn 30 though and entering the last year of his contract as far as I know so this will probably happen. Hope we've got a good one lined up to replace him but we really could do without needing another player when we already need about 3 minimum, when the season starts in less than 3 weeks.

• The title was changed to Idrissa Gana Gueye - PSG Sign Everton Midfielder
  • Subscriber

Inverted beat me to it. If Delph's your replacement I'd consider that a straight up weakening.

The majority of the league seem to be leaving it really late this year. Does the window shut at the end of August after all and nobody but the clubs know?

• The title was changed to Idrissa Gana Gueye - PSG Agree Fee For Everton Midfielder
  • The topic was locked

Archived