talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Idrissa Gana Gueye - PSG Agree Fee For Everton Midfielder

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Idrissa Gana Gueye - PSG Agree Fee For Everton Midfielder
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.f6d77394fab2d44eb1fcc918de409d01.png

Everton manager Marco Silva insists a deal has not been agreed with French champions Paris St-Germain for Senegal midfielder Idrissa Gueye, with the Portuguese boss hoping the 29-year-old will stay at Goodison Park. (Liverpool Echo)

Although Gueye is set to travel to Paris for a medical on Sunday after rejecting a late move from Manchester United(Daily Express)

• Administrator

If I was Everton, I'd rather have tried to keep Gueye than sign Zaha but can understand PSG would offer fuck load more money for Gueye.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Stan said:

If I was Everton, I'd rather have tried to keep Gueye than sign Zaha but can understand PSG would offer fuck load more money for Gueye.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Gueye wanted to leave in January and still wants to leave to play in the Champions League, so fair enough. It's not one or the other as if we're accepting the Gueye transfer to fund a Zaha deal. We have tried to keep Gueye but he wants to go.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Gueye wanted to leave in January and still wants to leave to play in the Champions League, so fair enough. It's not one or the other as if we're accepting the Gueye transfer to fund a Zaha deal. We have tried to keep Gueye but he wants to go.

Nah I realise that. More pointing towards that Gueye was a very good player for you and is more integral to the side than Zaha would be.

I didn't realise Gueye wanted to leave in January.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nah I realise that. More pointing towards that Gueye was a very good player for you and is more integral to the side than Zaha would be.

I didn't realise Gueye wanted to leave in January.

Gueye is very good but I wouldn't say integral to the side. He can be on a good day but you can't build a team around a defensive midfielder.

Zaha would become an integral player if he joins and doesn't suffer a massive dip in form, my issue with him is that we need to invest in other positions, but as long as that gets done too, it's not my money so let's crack on. Zaha has been one of the top 5 or so players outside the top 6 for the last few seasons, Gueye is good but he doesn't fall into the same category.

• The topic was locked

Archived