talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Top Ten Footballers at 35 or older

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Claudio Pizarro has to be amongst them. At 40 he's still playing in Germany and still scores from time to time.

Paolo Guerrero just turned 35. Not sure how rusty he'll be when he comes back from his ban, but he's an example of a forward who peaked at an old age. He went from being a relatively good player in his 20's to outright world class since 32. It's a shame we weren't able to see him in Europe because of his age. I genuinely think he could have done well in a top 5 league.

Farfan turns 35 this year. He's still good but he hasn't aged as well as Paolo or Claudio. 

Anyways Peruvians aside, probably Buffon.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Surely Claudio Pizarro has to be amongst them. At 40 he's still playing in Germany and still scores from time to time.

Paolo Guerrero just turned 35. Not sure how rusty he'll be when he comes back from his ban, but he's an example of a forward who peaked at an old age. He went from being a relatively good player in his 20's to outright world class since 32. It's a shame we weren't able to see him in Europe because of his age. I genuinely think he could have done well in a top 5 league.

Farfan turns 35 this year. He's still good but he hasn't aged as well as Paolo or Claudio. 

No Zlatan ?

Just now, Azeem said:

No Zlatan ?

I forgot about him. His attitude really unimpresses me in the MLS, but the quality is still there no doubt. Even at Manchester United, at 35 he was still doing well.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Those three are rubbish. Zlatan dances around them on oranges.

Oi, Pizarro is still scoring goals in Germany, not like your own Timmy making money and scoring fuck all in India.

To be fair, CB's and goalkeepers are the boring answers. If we're just talking about forwards... Villa, Zlatan, Guerrero, not sure how Aduriz is doing these days are a few examples. 

I can name plenty of defenders and keepers, but yeah Pepe and Buffon.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

To be fair, CB's and goalkeepers are the boring answers. If we're just talking about forwards... Villa, Zlatan, Guerrero, not sure how Aduriz is doing these days are a few examples. 

Do a playing 11 than, top player for each position from the age group 

Just now, Spike said:

Wew lad, comparing a midfielder to a striker. 

Cahill has played as a striker for the socceroos as a forward the past 7 years, get your facts right ya kangaroo shagger

Just now, Blue said:

Cahill has played as a striker for the socceroos as a forward the past 7 years, get your facts right ya kangaroo shagger

He thinks playing as a striker means he is a striker. Sweet, naive child. I guess John Terry is a Goalkeeper because of that one game. :rofl:

Just now, Spike said:

He thinks playing as a striker means he is a striker. Sweet, naive child. I guess John Terry is a Goalkeeper because of that one game. :rofl:

John Terry is not a goalkeeper. He is a goal scorer. Difference to you is that he scores on females and not kangaroos that you found outside of Alice Springs B|

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

John Terry is not a goalkeeper. He is a goal scorer. Difference to you is that he scores on females and not kangaroos that you found outside of Alice Springs B|

There aren't kangaroos around Alice Springs ya ignant fuck

• Administrator

Buffon and Zlatan immediately came to mind. 

Chiellini at 34 (turns 35 in August) has to be up there too if age limit can be tolerated. 

And one for @The Palace Fan - Glenn Murray. Not many strikers can hack it in the Premier League, let alone at 35.

Same with Aduriz in La Liga but I think he meets the age threshold? Jermaine Defoe as well even though he's moved to Scotland temporarily. 

Dani Alves perhaps? He's been round for ages. 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Blue said:

4 hours ago, Blue said:

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Buffon and Zlatan immediately came to mind. . 

26 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Don't goalkeepers get a mention? Gianluigi Buffon is only 41 and still playing for PSG. :coffee:

Just the 3 times ;)

Archived