talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Miguel Almiron Moves to Newcastle for £20m

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Blue said:

I can't wait for you to avoid this question like you always do mr Football Italia.

Still awaiting the difference between Dele Alli and James Maddison. You said Alli counts but Maddison doesn't. Doesn't seem to be much difference between them.

4 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Still awaiting the difference between Dele Alli and James Maddison. You said Alli counts but Maddison doesn't. Doesn't seem to be much difference between them.

You clearly ignored the post where I mentioned Madison :dam:

32 minutes ago, Blue said:

You clearly ignored the post where I mentioned Madison :dam:

Inconsistent, incoherent and full of elaborations. Pretty much sums up your contribution in this topic.

Still waiting on the 'worldwide interest' in MLS to be seen. The small television deal and small viewing figures suggests it's not what everyone is tuning into see.

And the fact that Real Madrid, Barcelona and the world's elite are now all 'giving a fuck' about MLS. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Just because Marseille signed Dembele from Celtic, doesn't mean PSG are tracking Graeme Shinnie's contract situation.

Shinnie is also a Scottish international, which in your eyes makes him more attractive to clubs than someone on the fridges of the German national team. After all, 'if you don't play for your national team, then you won't have as many clubs chasing after you'.

But anyway, we can could all 'tell you Atlanta's team', even those 'people who don't follow either league'. The names just roll off the tongue... But Leeds United, pah, no one even knows anyone that plays for them...

And to top it off, you're now counting Maddison as well... So how's that different this time? Throwing in Maguire, Trippier and Walker now? Seems the Championship has been a great pipeline for players to come through and go onto bigger things.

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

.Just because Marseille signed Dembele from Celtic, doesn't mean PSG are tracking Graeme Shinnie's contract situation.

Yeah... you say my arguments are inconsistent yet you use this one.

Give it a few years and you'll see clubs begin to go in for MLS players a lot more.

Nobody cares about the fucking championship ffs.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Just let this argument die. 

I understand what Blue is getting at, he just formed the argument poorly. 

I agree. ScoRoss cannot accept that he's been put in his place though, even if my arguments have been poor, shame he just missed the point entirely and is desperate to redeem himself xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Yeah... you say my arguments are inconsistent yet you use this one.

Give it a few years and you'll see clubs begin to go in for MLS players a lot more.

Nobody cares about the fucking championship ffs.

Eh(?!) to the first part just because a couple of players recently have made big moves. That's like when someone on TFF said USA would win the World Cup by 2030 xDxD 

and another eh (?!) to the second part. Not sure if serious?!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I agree. ScoRoss cannot accept that he's been put in his place though, even if my arguments have been poor, shame he just missed the point entirely and is desperate to redeem himself xD

Well he may have missed the point because your argument was so poorly put out?

Just now, Stan said:

Well he may have missed the point because your argument was so poorly put out?

No, I said like 10 times it had to do with player sales and not production, and he kept waffling on about it. I made myself blatantly clear. He needs to just accept his loss and move on before checking wikipedia and writing an essay about how he's going to form his next argument.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Eh(?!) to the first part just because a couple of players recently have made big moves. That's like when someone on TFF said USA would win the World Cup by 2030 xDxD 

and another eh (?!) to the second part. Not sure if serious?!

Mate, due to profile and the feeder league status, I am absolutely confident when I say that more clubs care about the MLS than the fucking championship.

Just goes to show that Almiron, a player who hasn't done anything in Europe is more hyped up than the likes of Amavi, Burke, Maja, etc. Even if he's not exactly better yet.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

No, I said like 10 times it had to do with player sales and not production, and he kept waffling on about it. I made myself blatantly clear. He needs to just accept his loss and move on before checking wikipedia and writing an essay about how he's going to form his next argument.

Your own logic is flawed then if it's to do with player sales. Championship players have been plucked out from their clubs and continue to do well in the Premier League. Several examples have been provided.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Mate, due to profile and the feeder league status, I am absolutely confident when I say that more clubs care about the MLS than the fucking championship.

Just goes to show that Almiron, a player who hasn't done anything in Europe is more hyped up than the likes of Amavi, Burke, Maja, etc. Even if he's not exactly better yet.

Your ignorance for the benefits the Championship can provide is clear as day, so already your judgement is heavily clouded :/.

Well done on naming 1 player (Almiron) who's made a big-money move. Still doesn't really prove much right now...

Just now, Blue said:

Comparing Maja to Almiron is absolutely off base. First off, one was more than $20m, and the other went for $2m. One from the MLS, the other from League One. Not to mention their destinations are different with one being England, the other being France. Night and day and no way can you compare those two. 

Regardless, I think you are in the wrong here as for no body caring about the Championship. The money is more in the Championship, the teams are better, the stakes are higher, the talent is LOADS better. 

I'm happy for Almiron, but let's not forget the MLS MVP was a scrub at Torino beforehand. 

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Put in my place? xD Redeem what? xD

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Except my loss? xD

All I ask for is proof to back up these preposterous claims you make. Rather than 'Nobody cares about the fucking championship ffs.'

Wow, what insight. What contribution. Will read again.

Just now, Stan said:

Your own logic is flawed then if it's to do with player sales. Championship players have been plucked out from their clubs and continue to do well in the Premier League. Several examples have been provided.

Your ignorance for the benefits the Championship can provide is clear as day, so already your judgement is heavily clouded :/.

Well done on naming 1 player (Almiron) who's made a big-money move. Still doesn't really prove much right now...

Almiron, Davies are 2 examples of what the MLS is striving towards. Just because there has been 2 so far, doesn't mean it's not a feeder league. 

If there were few young player imports in the league, I would give you the benefit of the doubt, but there is a ton of U22 footballers from other parts of the world that are going to be sold off to Europe soon.

Just now, ScoRoss said:

Put in my place? xD Redeem what? xD

Except my loss? xD

All I ask for is proof to back up these preposterous claims you make. Rather than 'Nobody cares about the fucking championship ffs.'

Wow, what insight. What contribution. Will read again.

You missed the point entirely this entire argument. Cicero got it. Even friggin Danny got it. You didn't like it so you went on wikipedia and spent a good hour or 2 trying to make that argument.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Regardless, I think you are in the wrong here as for no body caring about the Championship. The money is more in the Championship, the teams are better, the stakes are higher, the talent is LOADS better. 

The only 2 things that matter in a feeder league is profile and talent. The Championship passes the MLS in talent, but the latter crushes the Championship in profile. Players like Ibrahimovic, Rooney, and past players like Beckham help it a lot, even if that's not entirely what the MLS wants these days.

Money doesn't matter in this case. Argentine clubs are mostly bankrupt and a lot of clubs like looking there too. 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

You missed the point entirely this entire argument. Cicero got it. Even friggin Danny got it. You didn't like it so you went on wikipedia and spent a good hour or 2 trying to make that argument.

What did I take from Wikipedia? I'm asking you questions. You have avoided where you have glaring holes in your opinions dressed as facts.

Just now, Blue said:

The only 2 things that matter in a feeder league is profile and talent. The Championship passes the MLS in talent, but the latter crushes the Championship in profile. Players like Ibrahimovic, Rooney, and past players like Beckham help it a lot, even if that's not entirely what the MLS wants these days.

Money doesn't matter in this case. Argentine clubs are mostly bankrupt and a lot of clubs like looking there too. 

I still think you're off on the profile. 

I think what Atlanta is trying to do is to get young South Americans before they jump to Europe, which is absolutely what a feeder league is. The Championship is focused on being good right now, getting to the EPL, and hoping that one day they can do what Leicester has done. Different motives, but in terms of profile, the Championship trumps the MLS. 

I still think the MLS is seen as mostly a joke over in Europe, as I know it is seen as such in Mexico. 

1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

What did I take from Wikipedia? I'm asking you questions. You have avoided where you have glaring holes in your opinions dressed as facts.

I'll be honest - the attempts to try and prove me wrong here are hilarious, especially from yourself.

All my arguments came from my head, other than looking for examples on the internet besides the 2 I mentioned, I didn't use a single source on the internet for this and I just used my memory. I'm not that passionate because I am extremely confident in what I say.

Like Cicero said, unless you don't have a life then let the argument die. It's been going on for 5 pages now. It's boring at this point.

Just now, Blue said:

I'll be honest - the attempts to try and prove me wrong here are hilarious, especially from yourself.

All my arguments came from my head, other than looking for examples on the internet besides the 2 I mentioned, I didn't use a single source on the internet for this and I just used my memory. I'm not that passionate because I am extremely confident in what I say.

Like Cicero said, unless you don't have a life then let the argument die. It's been going on for 5 pages now. It's boring at this point.

It's shows.

Bye.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I still think you're off on the profile. 

I think what Atlanta is trying to do is to get young South Americans before they jump to Europe, which is absolutely what a feeder league is. The Championship is focused on being good right now, getting to the EPL, and hoping that one day they can do what Leicester has done. Different motives, but in terms of profile, the Championship trumps the MLS. 

I still think the MLS is seen as mostly a joke over in Europe, as I know it is seen as such in Mexico. 

Agree to disagree then. 

Maybe it has to do with me being in a neutral country (or one with a lot of Peruvians abroad) but I hear a lot more about the MLS here than the bloody championship.

Mind you that's not what I'm basing my argument off of, that would be silly. I'm only using that as a "more people could name Atlanta than Leeds". Which could be true in South America but false in Northern Ireland.

My arguments were based off of the big name players that have played in the MLS, the amounts of young footballers there and the fees some have gone to Europe for.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Agree to disagree then. 

Maybe it has to do with me being in a neutral country (or one with a lot of Peruvians abroad) but I hear a lot more about the MLS here than the bloody championship.

Mind you that's not what I'm basing my argument off of, that would be silly. I'm only using that as a "more people could name Atlanta than Leeds". Which could be true in South America but false in Northern Ireland.

My arguments were based off of the big name players that have played in the MLS, the amounts of young footballers there and the fees some have gone to Europe for.

I understand what you're saying, but this will have to be something we have to disagree on. If anyone is more familiar with Atlanta United over Leeds United, I would venture to guess they clearly aren't from Europe, and probably haven't followed football for long as Atlanta is only 2 years old, and Leeds have won a ton of trophies, and were one of the dominating teams throughout all of Europe. They have generations of fans, whereas my we are the first generation of fans. 

If people know more about Atlanta United in Peru, that's great, but I would also assume MLS is shown more in South America than the Championship is, which really means that your argument is absolutely geographically based, as would ScoRoss's. Neither of you are wrong, but you are from opposite sides of the world and he probably grew up hearing about the great Leeds team that fought league and European Cup. 

Just now, Eco said:

I understand what you're saying, but this will have to be something we have to disagree on. If anyone is more familiar with Atlanta United over Leeds United, I would venture to guess they clearly aren't from Europe, and probably haven't followed football for long as Atlanta is only 2 years old, and Leeds have won a ton of trophies, and were one of the dominating teams throughout all of Europe. They have generations of fans, whereas my we are the first generation of fans. 

If people know more about Atlanta United in Peru, that's great, but I would also assume MLS is shown more in South America than the Championship is, which really means that your argument is absolutely geographically based, as would ScoRoss's. Neither of you are wrong, but you are from opposite sides of the world and he probably grew up hearing about the great Leeds team that fought league and European Cup. 

My dad is a Leeds fan xD I know about Leeds' history.

He supported them since he moved to South Africa in the 70's.

The unfortunate thing about football is that many people my age are football fans and don't care about history, unless they are as passionate as I am. I'm not sure how many people are familiar with their history here especially given La Liga is more popular, but even then, if you fall from grace to the second tier, it doesn't mean many people can name your first team.

Leeds is a big club. I know, I'm aware. I just don't think many South Americans are familiar with them today outside of Bielsa 

Just now, Blue said:

My dad is a Leeds fan xD I know about Leeds' history.

He supported them since he moved to South Africa in the 70's.

The unfortunate thing about football is that many people my age are football fans and don't care about history, unless they are as passionate as I am. I'm not sure how many people are familiar with their history here especially given La Liga is more popular, but even then, if you fall from grace to the second tier, it doesn't mean many people can name your first team.

Leeds is a big club. I know, I'm aware. I just don't think many South Americans are familiar with them today outside of Bielsa 

I had no idea about your Dad, and I know that YOU know you stuff. It's the same here. I have been on here and the previous forum discussing L4 football for over 10 years now, and truthfully there are a lot of people who are clueless as to the history of teams like Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds. 

In terms of Europe though, which is where this conversation was based on as you were discussing the MLS have two stars go to Top Flight teams, then in Europe, to Europeans, Leeds and the Championship are much higher in profile than Atlanta United and the MLS. 

• The title was changed to Miguel Almiron Moves to Newcastle for £20m

Archived