2. 2. Left Back

• Marcus Alonso (Chelsea)
    • Leighton Baines (Everton)
    • James Milner (Liverpool)
    • Ryan Bertrand (Southampton)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any of our FB's deserve to win this but for them to be nominated based on stats just shows that a certain person who says Milner & Clyne are 'bang average', knows absolutely fuck all xD

I'll go Walker & Alonso. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't think any of our FB's deserve to win this but for them to be nominated based on stats just shows that a certain person who says Milner & Clyne are 'bang average', knows absolutely fuck all xD

I'll go Walker & Alonso. 

Most of Milner's points have surely come from the penalties he scores though?! Obviously a goal is a goal but he's not the first name that comes to mind when it comes to picking top left-backs in the division. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Most of Milner's points have surely come from the penalties he scores though?! Obviously a goal is a goal but he's not the first name that comes to mind when it comes to picking top left-backs in the division. 

He's certainly not one of the best left backs but he's not a left back. He has performed brilliantly for us in a position that he's never played before in his career. 

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

Why no Danny Rose? He's been the best left back in the league this season, comfortably. I appreciate he's injured right now but still 

Bit of a stretch saying comfortably.  Alonso has been consistently performing at a great level. Scored a few goals and has done an influential job since the start of the season. Easily one of our better performers. 

Rose is probably the best left back in the league but he didn't amass enough points for this seasons nominations because of injury.

It would be odd for someone to be in team of the season having played less than half the games.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Rose is probably the best left back in the league but he didn't amass enough points for this seasons nominations because of injury.

It would be odd for someone to be in team of the season having played less than half the games.

Has he been out that long? Christ. I thought he'd only been injured a month 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bit of a stretch saying comfortably.  Alonso has been consistently performing at a great level. Scored a few goals and has done an influential job since the start of the season. Easily one of our better performers. 

You were saying he needs replacing not long ago?

32 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You were saying he needs replacing not long ago?

'Upgraded on'. He's done well this season but we could always improve in that position, especially with Europe next year. Upgrade doesn't mean he's a  poor player. 

• Subscriber

Coleman because I'm biased and Alonso because I'm not biased enough to choose Baines who, to be fair, deserves to be acknowledged for a very solid season, but shouldn't be in contention for team of the year.

16 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'll go Walker & Alonso. 

Based on fantasy football points xD Don't think I've ever called Milner average. Think he's a good player. Need another left back though clearly. Clyne has been nowhere near the best right back in the league. Probably our worst player after Moreno yesterday too

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Based on fantasy football points xD Don't think I've ever called Milner average. Think he's a good player. Need another left back though clearly. Clyne has been nowhere near the best right back in the league. Probably our worst player after Moreno yesterday too

I watched the game and I've also watched the highlights back and Clyne did nothing wrong whatsoever? 

Nothing at all came down the right side because as usual Clyne barely gives teams a sniff. Almost all of West Brom's attacks came down the left and that's a usual theme in games against us. He didn't have his best game attacking wise but away from home against a tough side you need your defenders/fullbacks to be solid and that's exactly what Clyne was  

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I watched the game and I've also watched the highlights back and Clyne did nothing wrong whatsoever? 

Nothing at all came down the right side because as usual Clyne barely gives teams a sniff. Almost all of West Brom's attacks came down the left and that's a usual theme in games against us. He didn't have his best game attacking wise but away from home against a tough side you need your defenders/fullbacks to be solid and that's exactly what Clyne was  

He got beaten down the line far too easily on occasion, think it was second half and they got a cross over from the byline. Thankfully nothing came of it. He wasn't terrible by any means and it was a solid team performance but Clyne wasn't one of our better players.

• This topic was locked and unpinned

Archived