talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Music in Video Games

football forum

• Subscriber

Historically, video games have produced some of the most catchy sound bites, whether its the iconic Super Mario Bros. opening level track or the far more subtle 8-bit running phrase for Tetris on the original Gameboy, then there's the arcade classics like the original Pac-Man, etc. Over time and with the removal of the 8-bit hindrance we we've literally had the two industries, music and gaming, join to give us games which have had superb soundtracks or level tracks to accompany great gaming experiences.  What are some of your favorite music pieces from video games? I'll list a few of mine to get started.

Daisuke Ishiwatari's original score for Guilty Gear - XX is superb and his followup into XRD was very good too. Even the level tracks for this 1V1 fighting track are metal-pumped and very apt for the game itself.

Probably one of the most popular 1V1 fighting level tracks coupled with the ones from Ryu and Guile. 

This one keeps the sense of urgency running as you gun down imp demons and fight your way through the first level. This game brings back good memories post the Wolf 3D introduction by ID as this game felt more grungier and definitely a lot more polished. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the entire album of Duex Ex Human evolution, but Icarus is my personal favourite. 

Shadow of Colossus had some good music. The Epilogue was my favourite 

Halo had many fast paced numbers, especially the Warthog run, but I love Under Cover of Night. It plays when you fly the banshee for the first time around the mountains. It is perfect for that flight. 

From the Hitman I have to choose Exploration. 

Going slightly old school, Contra's tune never gets old for me. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Going slightly old school, Contra's tune never gets old for me. 

This one is also another timeless piece. That opening in the jungle and even the tracks they put on Super Contra as well.

• Subscriber
On 02/02/2019 at 12:24, Azeem said:

Assassins Creed II Main Theme

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

City of Rome

Chase Theme

I remember listening to a track from Justice when they did an opening for an E3? I think for Assassins Creed. Fantastic music. 

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 31/01/2019 at 05:46, Mel81x said:

Historically, video games have produced some of the most catchy sound bites, whether its the iconic Super Mario Bros. opening level track or the far more subtle 8-bit running phrase for Tetris on the original Gameboy, then there's the arcade classics like the original Pac-Man, etc. Over time and with the removal of the 8-bit hindrance we we've literally had the two industries, music and gaming, join to give us games which have had superb soundtracks or level tracks to accompany great gaming experiences.  What are some of your favorite music pieces from video games? I'll list a few of mine to get started.

Daisuke Ishiwatari's original score for Guilty Gear - XX is superb and his followup into XRD was very good too. Even the level tracks for this 1V1 fighting track are metal-pumped and very apt for the game itself.

Probably one of the most popular 1V1 fighting level tracks coupled with the ones from Ryu and Guile. 

This one keeps the sense of urgency running as you gun down imp demons and fight your way through the first level. This game brings back good memories post the Wolf 3D introduction by ID as this game felt more grungier and definitely a lot more polished. 

Street Fighter :x

Archived