• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The amount of bad puns and attempted banter on Sky Sports is awful.

I agree that the novelty has completely worn off. Finally clubs have found the common sense to get their deals done at a sensible time in the window or in the January case just leave it until the summer. 

It's also a reflection of the transfer market now. Prices have gone nuts so if you're buying in this market you've got to be sure. Risky punts don't happen as much anymore as they're far too costly.

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Deadline Day is rubbish, isn’t it? When was the last proper massive signing on Deadline Day? I mean “proper” as in, when was the last time one of the big sides, your United’s, City’s, Chelsea’s etc made a big signing?

Torres about eight years ago? 

With the inflated transfer values of modern football, the January transfer market usually represents pretty poor value for money unless you're taking a chance on someone out of favour. Big names will go for big money in January because usually the selling club doesn't want to lose a star mid-season, and big money nowadays means insane money.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

With the inflated transfer values of modern football, the January transfer market usually represents pretty poor value for money unless you're taking a chance on someone out of favour. Big names will go for big money in January because usually the selling club doesn't want to lose a star mid-season, and big money nowadays means insane money.

I’m talking in general, transfer deadline day’s are awful. The big clubs have their business done what seems long before people even think about the window closing. Even your “second tier” or what I’d class as your second tier Premier League clubs don’t seem to do business on deadline day, it’s (Deadline Day) usually just a free-for-all for bottom dwellers that’s become vastly overhyped due to a couple of decent Deadline day’s nearly ten years ago. 

• The title was changed to Deadline Day
54 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Probably saw the result against City and has been completely suckered in not realizing the real plight of the club... 

You've got it wrong. He couldn't get a game for one of the worst teams in France so he fancies his chances here.

3 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

You've got it wrong. He couldn't get a game for one of the worst teams in France so he fancies his chances here.

So what you are saying is that he is so bad, and such and awful player that he couldn't even get game time for the worst team in France and someone at your club thought it would be a good idea to snap him up and bring him over here??

I might be misunderstanding what you saying of course.. If he is a decent player who couldn't get game time at one of the worst clubs in France and has now gone to you is it a case of 'out of the frying pan into the fire' :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So what you are saying is that he is so bad, and such and awful player that he couldn't even get game time for the worst team in France and someone at your club thought it would be a good idea to snap him up and bring him over here??

I might be misunderstanding what you saying of course.. If he is a decent player who couldn't get game time at one of the worst clubs in France and has now gone to you is it a case of 'out of the frying pan into the fire' :ph34r:

I'm saying he might not get in ahead of Paulo Dummett.

• Subscriber

Bolasie situation is pretty confusing. Leaving Aston Villa to end up getting fucked off to the Belgian league is a bit if an embarrassing step down surely? Can't imagine this is what he thought he had lined up when he chose to end his loan.

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The replies to this tweet pretty much sum up the feelings of most towards deadline day I think. You'd think Sky would realise at some point and take a hint. 

Haha some of those replies are brilliant

• The topic was locked

Archived