Tottenham 1-0 Newcastle - Saturday 2nd February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Thought so too. Played alright. Could have knicked it 1-0 on another day. Perez had 3 good chances and Rondon is inches away. Spurs best chances fell to square heeds so we stayed in the game a long time.

On another note, good example of why players aren't allowed to run up to opposition fans in celebration. Ref did a poor job there. Not sure why Son felt the need to run all the way to the corner where we were. Then Trippier and Winks were clenching their fists at Newcastle fans. It created an anger and several minutes where stewards lost control as a small number of both sets of fans were getting a bit carried away having a go at each other until the heavy's were brought in. All stemming from Son's decision to run at the Newcastle fans.

Sonny is the nicest guy in the world so I’m fairly certain wasn’t intentional on his part but beyond that I agree with you. A lot of double standards from refs on this one too, look at the most recent NLD for an example 

I was pleased with how Newcastle played we defended superbly throughout though at times we rode our luck as is going to happen when you play a top team. 

Tottenham were patient and Llorente was crucial when they brought him on they needed a target man for this game. Son was a threat throughout it was a good shot for his goal though obviously Dubravka should have saved it I won't be critical on him he's helped win us lots of points since he joined us. Spurs are firmly in this title race going into Liverpool's game on Monday they have the same amount of wins as them  all credit to Tottenham 3 wins with late goals in all of them still minus Kane and Ali. 

If you had of said to us Newcastle fans you will get 3 points and break your transfer record with the signing of Almiron of course we would have took it and been delighted with that Wolves away on Monday night is tough but winnable but after that we have Burnley and Huddersfield at home we have got to target 6 points there I do think with the squad and rafa in charge we will have enough to stay up.  As I say about Spurs it is a 3 horse race they are firmly in the title race. 

On 03/02/2019 at 19:53, Storts said:

Sonny is the nicest guy in the world so I’m fairly certain wasn’t intentional on his part but beyond that I agree with you. A lot of double standards from refs on this one too, look at the most recent NLD for an example 

I doubt Son did that on purpose to. However It wouldn't bother me if players from other clubs celebrated in front of me and I think it gives some a lame excuse to go bonkers. Players get abuse off other teams fans well some fans and so that's accepted unless it's racist or homophobic that's accept by people but players cannot show some passion and celebrate in front of opposition fans it's a nonsense. He does come across as a lovely lad and I would be amazed if he did it intentionally anyways. 

Archived