talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 0-1 Man Utd - Sunday 3rd February, 2019

football forum

Sloppy ball from Peireira who's been excellent for Leicester but that ball cost them the goal. 

It was a beautiful pass from Pogba and a lovely finish from Rashford. United in the 2nd half were very poor Leicester were good until the final ball or shot I never really thought Leicester were going to equalise though and they never really created that many clear cut chances Vardy maybe could have done slightly better but they weren't easy chances by any means. 

Mandy was lucky not to be sent off not just that tackle but also he pulled back Pogba blatantly and another United man definitely lucky to stay on the pitch as was Matic at the end. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Sloppy ball from Peireira who's been excellent for Leicester but that ball cost them the goal. 

It was a beautiful pass from Pogba and a lovely finish from Rashford. United in the 2nd half were very poor Leicester were good until the final ball or shot I never really thought Leicester were going to equalise though and they never really created that many clear cut chances Vardy maybe could have done slightly better but they weren't easy chances by any means. 

Mandy was lucky not to be sent off not just that tackle but also he pulled back Pogba blatantly and another United man definitely lucky to stay on the pitch as was Matic at the end. 

That's basically us in a nutshell. That'a why fans get frustrated.

I wouldn't mind so much if we weren't having to come back nearly every game. 17th game this season we've gone 1-0 down, the 11th game in 13, and the 5th in a row that it's been within and around ten minutes. It's unacceptable.

We're in poor form at the minute. Those Chelsea and Man City wins are keeping us out of the relegation discussion.

4 hours ago, Dan said:

That's basically us in a nutshell. That'a why fans get frustrated.

I wouldn't mind so much if we weren't having to come back nearly every game. 17th game this season we've gone 1-0 down, the 11th game in 13, and the 5th in a row that it's been within and around ten minutes. It's unacceptable.

We're in poor form at the minute. Those Chelsea and Man City wins are keeping us out of the relegation discussion.

The first goal in games is often crucial isn't it. From a neutral looking in I personally think the stick Puel is getting is harsh and I don't think he deserves to get sacked your not far off 7th and your mid table that's where I would expect you to be. Maybe it's the style of play but I thought you player quite well at Liverpool deserved at least a draw did well until the final ball or shot against Manchester United. Beat City and Chelsea though obviously your form against sides outside the top 6 maybe questionable defensively against Wolves you were a shambles. What do you think of Puel if you want a change who would you like to see your side go for next who's better than him and you can realistically get.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

The first goal in games is often crucial isn't it. From a neutral looking in I personally think the stick Puel is getting is harsh and I don't think he deserves to get sacked your not far off 7th and your mid table that's where I would expect you to be. Maybe it's the style of play but I thought you player quite well at Liverpool deserved at least a draw did well until the final ball or shot against Manchester United. Beat City and Chelsea though obviously your form against sides outside the top 6 maybe questionable defensively against Wolves you were a shambles. What do you think of Puel if you want a change who would you like to see your side go for next who's better than him and you can realistically get.

That last bit is the main issue for me and when you question any fan that wants Puel out of the club, they can't come up with a reasonable alternative. We're not doing that badly under Puel as you say but the main gripe time and time again is the style of play, especially considering we were used to counter-attacking, high intensity and high tempo of play. We've at times gone totally to the other extreme where it's slow and laboured. We sometimes turn up against bigger teams because they're more attacking and leave gaps to be exploited when we do attack. But we seriously struggle against teams that defend in numbers and are well organised (Cardiff being the glaring example). It worries me that we're still yet to find a solution to regularly break sides like that down and it's where we come up short in being a decent side to watch. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

That last bit is the main issue for me and when you question any fan that wants Puel out of the club, they can't come up with a reasonable alternative. We're not doing that badly under Puel as you say but the main gripe time and time again is the style of play, especially considering we were used to counter-attacking, high intensity and high tempo of play. We've at times gone totally to the other extreme where it's slow and laboured. We sometimes turn up against bigger teams because they're more attacking and leave gaps to be exploited when we do attack. But we seriously struggle against teams that defend in numbers and are well organised (Cardiff being the glaring example). It worries me that we're still yet to find a solution to regularly break sides like that down and it's where we come up short in being a decent side to watch. 

Yeah be careful what you wish for to comes to mind 😀 as it could be worse your next appointment. Yeah it is laboured and slow which is harder for you to break down. Gray and Maddison are good quality players they need quicker service along with Vardy you should play to your strengths you did used to be electric on the counter attack Mahrez used to make a big difference in that to. I think Chilwell is a fantastic player I hope you keep hold of him but unfortunately I can see him ending up at a big 6 club like City. They probably need a left back Mendy is brilliant but for me he is to much injury prone.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Kyletoonfan said:

I do agree the first goal matters but I tell you what it's a good job we can come back because if we couldn't we'd be in serious bother. We've gone 1-0 down 17 times this season, 17!!! Only Huddersfield have produced worse than that.

I completely get why it looks harsh to the outsider because our league position isn't terrible, and our games against the bigger clubs will get the most coverage so naturally when people see us do well in those games they think we're better than we are.

The Liverpool performance was the exception and not the rule, and to be fair if I was taking yesterday's game as a one-off I wouldn't be too bothered by it, but it's the repetition of the slow starts and constantly playing catch up that I can't get on board with him with.

Our form does worry me. 5 wins in 19 at home under Puel. 4 points from the last 6 games with a defeat in our next likely too. We won't go down bar a catastrophe (although our last proper cup embarrassment did lead to this kind of run) but I feel like we're getting worse rather than better.

I've stated it elsewhere on the forum but I expect Brendan Rodgers to be our manager by July.

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

I do agree the first goal matters but I tell you what it's a good job we can come back because if we couldn't we'd be in serious bother. We've gone 1-0 down 17 times this season, 17!!! Only Huddersfield have produced worse than that.

I completely get why it looks harsh to the outsider because our league position isn't terrible, and our games against the bigger clubs will get the most coverage so naturally when people see us do well in those games they think we're better than we are.

The Liverpool performance was the exception and not the rule, and to be fair if I was taking yesterday's game as a one-off I wouldn't be too bothered by it, but it's the repetition of the slow starts and constantly playing catch up that I can't get on board with him with.

Our form does worry me. 5 wins in 19 at home under Puel. 4 points from the last 6 games with a defeat in our next likely too. We won't go down bar a catastrophe (although our last proper cup embarrassment did lead to this kind of run) but I feel like we're getting worse rather than better.

I've stated it elsewhere on the forum but I expect Brendan Rodgers to be our manager by July.

That's a poor run at home especially as most teams get most of there points at home. It would annoy me the teams you played against Newport they did well but had you picked your strongest team surely you would have won. Also against City in the Carabao cup pick your strongest side you took them to pens for the 2nd year in a row you beat them in the league play your strongest side you could have won. 

Yeah the game against Cardiff was a horror show for you guys you had chances but weren't clinical enough missed a pen if memory serves Cammarasa scored a brilliant goal in injury time for them. You have definitely had a chance to come 7th you stil might it could be enough for Europe. 4 points from 6 is a poor return tough run of games I think you may have had off the top of my head. 

I get why you want change I'm not the biggest fan of Rodgers yes he nearly won the league with Liverpool but they went from nearly winning it when they had Suarez and Sturridge on fire to going about 7th and him getting the sack I think he was found out I think he's average at best  his Celtic side this season haven't been great to watch and they have come closer to the pack that said I'll give  Rangers and Gerrard most of the credit for that. 

Archived