• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 3-1 Arsenal - Sunday 3rd February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Wow we really have no excuse to give City a game now on Sunday. 

Anything has to be better than last year. One of the most atrocious performances I've seen from you and I include heavier defeats in that.

20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Anything has to be better than last year. One of the most atrocious performances I've seen from you and I include heavier defeats in that.

Bar none the most cowardly approach I've ever seen. We looked like a league two side begging for mercy. 

What made it worse, was that Conte said only losing 0-1 was a good result. We were the champions of England. 

One thing that maybe is in our favour is the remaining fixtures.  Spurs and above our gone in my opinion we won't catch them but out of the rest we only have to play 2 of the top 6. Utd at home and spurs away. Chelsea have to play utd, Liverpool and city away and spurs at home. Utd have us away Chelsea, Liverpool and city at home. 

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Looking out for @Happy Blue if anything. I'd be annoyed if we had a midweek game and not they before our match. 

We have no excuse now 

We can play mostly a reserve team against Everton and get the win so no drama ;)   ..we could even play the Ladies and get 3pts xD

Ederson

Danilo - Otamendi - Stones - Zinchenko

Foden - Gundogan - Delph

Mahrez - Jesus -Bernardo

City in patches were very good and in other parts they were ordinary they were always in control here though at 1-1 I never thought Arsenal had a chance of getting anything here. 

Defensively there a shambles and I don't see any real difference between them this season and last year under Wenger. Over the whole period of time Wenger did a great with Arsenal they were great to watch at times most the time but if your going to have a change back the new manager every one knows they are weakest in defence could do with a keeper to a too keeper and wingers. Despite having loads of money it's loan deal this winter that's it. They should go out spend big on quality someone like Koulibaly would be some signing for them it would probably improve the defenders they have to. Arsenal are a mess I think they will end up where they are now 6th. No shots in the 2nd half 19-4 on shots to City if City were more clinical they would have been hammered again like Arsenal got at Anfield 5-1.

Good response from City after the Newcastle game Arsenal at home was the perfect game for them sad to say Arsenal are just alsorans now and they have been for years. 

I have said it lots of times, Arsenal just need a huge clear out of these average players but the thing is the players are on huge wages which no other club would offer them so the players only leave when their contract runs out.  Is the owner going to reinvest the money back in to the team on better quality next season when we have no players to sell with no real worth.  Arsenal are not making any money from the last 2 years and only showed a £50 million profit which was down to player sales of £120 million.  The money from Adidas will help but the way the club is run, the wages are crippling the club as it nearly on the verge of the financial fair play limit, which was something the model of Arsenal football club were so keen to follow, now everything the board seem to do is nothing short of a shambles. 

Archived