West Ham 0-4 Liverpool
Liverpool 2-2 West Ham

Recent Form:
West Ham - LLLWW
Liverpool - DWWLL

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've a feeling this could be our sticky patch of the season so wouldn't be at all surprised to see more dropped points away at West Ham. 

Players in patchy form, a degree of low confidence within certain players and other players just returning from injury who won't yet be 'match fit'. 

Draw I reckon. 

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I've a feeling this could be our sticky patch of the season so wouldn't be at all surprised to see more dropped points away at West Ham. 

Players in patchy form, a degree of low confidence within certain players and other players just returning from injury who won't yet be 'match fit'. 

Draw I reckon. 

Nah West Ham are crap

• Administrator

West Ham are a totally different prospect without Arnautovic and they look set to be without him. I expect another 4 goals for Liverpool. Unless there's snow on the pitch :ph34r:

It would be typical of football if after West Hams dismal performances and results against AFC Wimbledon and Wolves they turn up and put in a top performance and get a positive result. 

I've just read the BBC preview and Arnautovic could make it if he does it could be huge if hes fit. He will cause Liverpool problems along with Anderson. If Caŕrolls fit could he come off the bench and get a goal or Hernandez the former Manchester United man Zabaleta will be desperate to do City a favour as is Pellegrini as he's already said. Liverpool could be on for a tough Monday night under the lights in front of the sky cameras. 

Then again if  it's a poor West Ham performance it could be another easy win they have won 4-0 and 4-1 on their last 2 visits to West Ham and 4-0 At home on the first day of the season as good as Milner has been if West Ham get Anderson to have a go at him they could get some joy that way just like Zaha did at Anfield he caused him loads of problems. It's no surprise with the injuries and suspensions they have had lately but Liverpool have looked vulnerable at the back especially against Palace and Leicester. 

I will go for Liverpool just 2-1 But I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham won or drew and that would be music to the ears of City and Spurs fans it would also get Tottenham firmly into this title race though I already think they are in it. 

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

West Ham is piss but they do surprise when you don't expect them to. Think Liverpool will need to play their arses off for a win here.

If Liverpool are at their best they will win. If there a bit below and Arnautovic is on form and West Ham have a good day then they have a chance. Bar City they have been good against the big sides Totteham were a bit fortunate to beat them 1-0 a 0-0 draw with Chelsea and beating Arsenal and United. Hopefully West Ham will be on form and it'll be a good and close game.

• Subscriber

It needs to be one hell of a performance to get the confidence back into this Liverpool team to get the momentum for the rest of the season as it's going to be one hell of a race for the title.

4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

It needs to be one hell of a performance to get the confidence back into this Liverpool team to get the momentum for the rest of the season as it's going to be one hell of a race for the title.

I wouldn't say that your sides have dropped points in one game outside of matches against sides who aren't regarded as the big 6. Whatever the result in this game I'm sure Liverpool will be confident in future matches. 1 defeat in the league all season a narrow 1 to the champions Liverpool will be full of confidence the title race will go to the wire all the top 3 will drop points and lose matches between now and the end of the season regardless of the score tonight Liverpool have given themselves a great chance of winning the league 

2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Milner against Anderson could be really bad. But Fabinho needs to be in the midfield. Hopefully, today is the day when Keita steps up and delivers. 

I thought Keita did ok against Leicester. Certainly seemed to be getting into the game before he was subbed. The substitution was bad timing for me

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Milner against Anderson could be really bad. But Fabinho needs to be in the midfield. Hopefully, today is the day when Keita steps up and delivers. 

this is my hope too. This game is setup for the top block to cause some massive chaos if things go right. 

Not too confident about this one. Without someone to link midfield and attack, Firmino tends to drop too deep (he was in the #6 position at times against Leicester) and we lose a lot of attacking impetus. Keita hasn't been able to do that anywhere near often enough this season, and Lallana is shit.

• The title was changed to West Ham 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 4th February, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived