talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 4th February, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

Liverpool starting to really wobble for me. Dodgy in their last two games and this is yet more dropped where Man City won comfortably. Fair play though, a proper title race this time.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Liverpool starting to really wobble for me. Dodgy in their last two games and this is yet more dropped where Man City won comfortably. Fair play though, a proper title race this time.

Three. Dodgy since we threw that cup tie against Wolves, actually...

When City win on Wednesday, they will go above us. That'll be it, we won't climb above them again I don't think, these last two games have been a disaster. Can't see us beating anybody playing like this.

• Administrator

Man City must be licking their lips at this result. No doubt Everton won't want Liverpool winning the league so dare I say they'll make it not too difficult for Man City to get 3 points... 

Fuck if only if Origi wasn’t just shit enough to only score on the blueshite.

Well, I think we’ve fucked up big time here. I think Keita is going to have to do a lot for me to actually like him as a player, right now I think he’s utter dogshite.

That’ll make the usual suspect window lickers in here well pleased though 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Man City must be licking their lips at this result. No doubt Everton won't want Liverpool winning the league so dare I say they'll make it not too difficult for Man City to get 3 points... 

Everton are shit and will get hammered, then pretend they meant to get hammered in order to spite us 

Against teams that pack the middle of the pitch, I think Liverpool make a mistake of cramming all of their best players around the penalty box. 

Obviously the idea is that they all stay close enough to link up around the box, but against a team sitting very narrow like today it's really ridiculously difficult to pull off the kind of combination that will unlock them. If you can even get the ball into that area.

And the result is that the free men are Milner out of position at RB and lacking the pace to really cause an issue, and Robertson who for some reason is never given the ball in dangerous positions. 

Its a big contrast to City who tend to leave at least one good dribbler like Sane or Sterling in those big spaces out wide.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fuck if only if Origi wasn’t just shit enough to only score on the blueshite.

Well, I think we’ve fucked up big time here. I think Keita is going to have to do a lot for me to actually like him as a player, right now I think he’s utter dogshite.

That’ll make the usual suspect window lickers in here well pleased though 

Ideally he wouldn't be starting games at the moment but injuries dictate that. I think he's got better in the last two games the longer they've gone on, when he has a bit of space to carry the ball. He'd be a good option off the bench if we can get Wijnaldum and Henderson back fit

59 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Against teams that pack the middle of the pitch, I think Liverpool make a mistake of cramming all of their best players around the penalty box. 

Obviously the idea is that they all stay close enough to link up around the box, but against a team sitting very narrow like today it's really ridiculously difficult to pull off the kind of combination that will unlock them. If you can even get the ball into that area.

And the result is that the free men are Milner out of position at RB and lacking the pace to really cause an issue, and Robertson who for some reason is never given the ball in dangerous positions. 

Its a big contrast to City who tend to leave at least one good dribbler like Sane or Sterling in those big spaces out wide.

I've not seen today's game but I've felt for a while that Robbo uses Mane exceptionally well but Mane doesn't use Robbo as effectively.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I'm feeling a weird sense of deja vu.

Didn't Everton have to beat City in 2013-14 as well, and lost 3-2 at Goodison?

Liverpool were poor this could be a good point for them they were so poor. West Ham had they been more clinical would have won it the Liverpool defending especially from set plays was shocking. 

I didn't think the ref was bad I thought he did alright Liverpool got away with 2 offside 1 Mane scored with the other Origi probably should have scored with for a neutral this is a good result it gets Spurs right in it. What a title race we have Liverpool have to forget this game regroup and come again the way they have to look at it even if Everton lose to City and City go top on goal difference it's still in Liverpool's hands they have a game in hand.  I'm glad Tottenham have stuck at it kept winning there matches in the main and the top 2 of late have shown some vulnerability. Big few weeks coming up in what's shaping up to be one of the best and unpredictable title races in recent memory. 

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

All money they've recouped. They are over achieving in being in the title race. 

What is there net spend under klopp?

• The title was changed to West Ham 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 4th February, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived