The better place to talk football.

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 4th February, 2019

football forum

1 hour ago, José said:

Overachieving is a proper word. 

Klopp/ Dortmund second to Bayern

Keita/RB  second/third to Bayern

World most expensive GK/Salah/Roma third/fourth to Juventus

World most expensive defender/Saints Liverpool's second team. 

Fabinho/Monaco second to PSG 

Kloppy the clown has managed to assemble a squad full of unproven players  Expensive squad but if the "stars" were to leave for an elite team they would just be another bust of the year Coutinho or like Firmino who turns average everytime he starts for Brazil. 

I give Kloppy one more year max before the fairy tale is over. 

City and utds squad cost more.  And their wage bill is lower as well

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMike said:

The two situations aren't even remotely similar to be honest

Yeah I know they aren't - but I said that due to Stan's comment - particularly given the same discussion was had 5 years ago.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

Three. Dodgy since we threw that cup tie against Wolves, actually...

I make it five if you're including that. You were poor tonight, I didn't think you were that good against us, you looked quite fortunate against Palace, obviously Wolves too and then of course a loss at Man City.

I'd make you slight outsiders now personally and that's some twist from just 6 days ago where I was confident you would win it.

It's good for the neutral though. There's a proper race on here. The first time since 2015/16 (even that's arguable given the points totals in the end).

Edit: Totally forgot the Brighton win.

20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The two situations aren't even remotely similar to be honest

Of course not think that game was much later in the season it was kind of a last gasp chance for Liverpool after the Gerrard slip if memory serves even if Everton lose as I think they probably will it's still in Liverpool's hands as it stands. I know lately Liverpool have defensively been not as tight but that is mainly due to injuries I also fancy the Liverpool defence much more even now in their current form to that season. I wouldn't be worried if I was a Liverpool supporter you have still only lost once narrowly at the champions Manchester City. That missed penalty from Mahrez could still be crucial. Liverpool are still in an excellent position hopefully they rediscover form soon don't want this  blip to continue for much long though that's all it is a small blip as it stands.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I make it five if you're including that. You were poor tonight, I didn't think you were that good against us, you looked quite fortunate against Palace, obviously Wolves too and then of course a loss at Man City.

I'd make you slight outsiders now personally and that's some twist from just 6 days ago where I was confident you would win it.

It's good for the neutral though. There's a proper race on here. The first time since 2015/16 (even that's arguable given the points totals in the end).

Edit: Totally forgot the Brighton win.

I make them slight favourites stil only lost one game still top of the league. City have been far from convincing of late to even when they've won against Southampton and Arsenal were pegged back in them games to giving away lots of sloppy goals like against Palace Leicester and Newcastle. I would rather have the points on the board as Liverpool have now remember if City win on Wednesday despite evertons poor form not a given there only top on goal difference and that's not massively in their favour either whatever happens it is going to be a great title race for the neutrals Spurs are well in it to. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Amazing how Liverpool could have gone 7 clear last Wednesday and could be 2nd this Wednesday. 

It can swing just as easily back in there favour over the coming days and weeks long way from being over they would only be 2nd due to them playing a game more far from panic stations yet it's still in Liverpool's hands. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

It can swing just as easily back in there favour over the coming days and weeks long way from being over they would only be 2nd due to them playing a game more far from panic stations yet it's still in Liverpool's hands. 

Not when City have the shittest and easiest to beat opponent they could ask for on Wednesday.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Not when City have the shittest and easiest to beat opponent they could ask for on Wednesday.

Liverpool would be 2nd on goal difference with a game in hand so yes it would stil be in there hands as we have seen already City are far from perfect this season defeats to Chelsea Newcastle Palace and Leicester have shown that already. The momentum may not swing back in Liverpool's favour on Wednesday but as I've said it's still in there hands only 2nd on goal difference and with a game in hand they shouldn't be worried by any means long way to go in this 3 horse title race 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Man City must be licking their lips at this result. No doubt Everton won't want Liverpool winning the league so dare I say they'll make it not too difficult for Man City to get 3 points... 

Makes you wonder what their usual reason is :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Kyletoonfan said:

I make them slight favourites stil only lost one game still top of the league. City have been far from convincing of late to even when they've won against Southampton and Arsenal were pegged back in them games to giving away lots of sloppy goals like against Palace Leicester and Newcastle. I would rather have the points on the board as Liverpool have now remember if City win on Wednesday despite evertons poor form not a given there only top on goal difference and that's not massively in their favour either whatever happens it is going to be a great title race for the neutrals Spurs are well in it to. 

Do worry that Liverpool have looked a bit nervous though ever since they really did have a chance to take a grip of this league. They were nervous against us. For a while they were bossing it and I thought could've gone on to win 4-0+ but I do wonder if there's a mental barrier there. Plenty of time to prove that wrong but Man City have the experience.

This is our blip, which is largely fuelled by injuries to key defensive players. We are no longer looking defensively solid.

We further compound matters by pushing our key midfielders into those defensive roles, further affecting the midfield. 

Plus, the inexperience of not being in a title fight, and the players are looking nervous.

Not buying/loaning-in a RB in January is looking like a bad decision now. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I like Pellegrini but I don't think he should be saying he wants to win for 'Manchester city' when they still have to play Manchester City. 

Were you complaining when every manager was coming out and saying they wanted Leicester to win during their run-in?

Genuine question, cause it was an absolute disgrace then and I agree with you now 

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Were you complaining when every manager was coming out and saying they wanted Leicester to win during their run-in?

Genuine question, cause it was an absolute disgrace then and I agree with you now 

It's unprofessional, I can't remember my exact comments in 2016 but it's not something I ever think a manager should be saying, no matter any connection to a club.

51 minutes ago, Storts said:

Only cause you couldn’t beat an average Leicester side to the title

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Danny said:

Only cause you couldn’t beat an average Leicester side to the title

Nothing average about them that year, don't know why people are always so quick to put them down.

• The title was changed to West Ham 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 4th February, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived