talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 4th February, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Our fans just cannot handle a title race. It's mad, most would be in a better state of mind if we were three points behind. Not necessarily on here, but elsewhere, you wouldn't think Liverpool were three points clear.

I can remember many moons ago when Liverpool were top dogs that not winning at least one trophy a year was classed as a disaster as Liverpool supporters expected it, especially under the greats in Shankley followed by Paisley, saying that I can remember the United era under the great SAF thinking exactly the same, I am afraid them 2 era's have gone and English football is living in a different era where there is more than one top dog a season and trophies are spread out to all clubs, I just cannot see managers of teams winning trebles in a season like SAF & Paisley achieved.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Storts said:

Nothing average about them that year, don't know why people are always so quick to put them down.

They weren't average but Tottenham definitely missed an opportunity that season losing 1-0 at home to Leicester 1-0 at West Ham when they got close drawing 2-2 at home to 10 man Arsenal after leading  2-1 and drawing 1-1 at home to West Brom after being 1-0 up I think it's harsh saying Spurs bottled it in other seasons but despite Leicester doing brilliantly especially in the 2nd half of the season  were they were very consistent I can see why some would say that season Tottenham blew it or bottled it every time they got close they never capitalised. 

• The title was changed to West Ham 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 4th February, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived