talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Youri Tielemans Completes Permanent Leicester Move

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It's a relatively risk free move from us but I don't really see a great upside either given we haven't managed to get anything in the deal that means there's a view to a permanent. It almost feels a bit like a showcase for him.

We do need a midfielder with some quality on the ball. He's struggled at Monaco so I'm not getting carried away at all but he has clearly got some talent about him.

Am slightly concerned that Jardim who has managed both him and Silva has gone with Silva.

He's usually invisible for the 90% of the match, doesn't really contribute to play...but has been one of the few Monaco players capable of putting the ball in the back of the net. He clearly has talent though, and hopefully a change of scenery will have a positive effect on him.

2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

He's usually invisible for the 90% of the match, doesn't really contribute to play...but has been one of the few Monaco players capable of putting the ball in the back of the net. He clearly has talent though, and hopefully a change of scenery will have a positive effect on him.

Should've put this here.

Ok someone's moved it xD

• Administrator

I’m really quite surprised at this deal; he was being touted for a move to Bayern not so long ago and he’s moved to Leicester. No disrespect meant but I’m curious as to the motivator. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Batard said:

I’m really quite surprised at this deal; he was being touted for a move to Bayern not so long ago and he’s moved to Leicester. No disrespect meant but I’m curious as to the motivator. 

Jardim wanting rid as soon as he came in apparently. The new (returning) coach preferring Silva, too.

• Subscriber

It's pretty clear to me that he's a talent but very rough round the edges. Could end up being a cracking player for us but could just as easily be another Renato Sanches.

But like I said, I don't think we really gain that much from this. We've got 14 more games with him probably not likely to start until Spurs or Palace, and we've not actually got the option to sign him at the end either.

I can't see the harm in the signing for what it's worth but can't help but feel our fans are getting a bit carried away by it as well. Our fans need to temper their expectations a bit on this one.

• 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Youri Tielemans - Permanent Leicester Move?
  • Subscriber

This would be possibly the biggest statement of intent in a signing I have ever seen from us and I actually think we're going to pull it off as well.

I was wrong when we first signed him. What the loan gave us was an insight into what level we can take ourselves to, and the fact we seem to have convinced him that this is the place to resurrect his career is fantastic for us.

• Administrator

I keep getting a little concerned that each day this week there's been an 'in the know' who has said we're close to sealing the deal, he's chosen us or that there's a few final terms to agree. 

Makes me anxious that another club steps in at the 11th hour and signs him instead... 

• Subscriber

Youri Tielemans flying to the UK with Leicester City move close to completion

By Bob TannerLeicester City Editor

17:05, 5 JUL 2019

Youri Tielemans is on his way to Leicester City as his permanent switch to the King Power Stadium draws closer.

A deal between AS Monaco and City is close to being completed and Tielemans is flying into Birmingham so he can start pre-season training on Monday when they fly to Evian in France.

The terms of the deal have not been confirmed but it is believed it will be a club record fee of around £40 million, while Leicestershire Live understands Adrien Silva is not involved in the deal to head in the other direction.

City have been trying to land Tielemans on a permanent deal since the end of last season after he impressed on loan.

His performances had alerted other clubs but despite interest from Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Bayern Munich and even Barcelona, City's proposal remained the best on offer and while Monaco were holding out for other approaches it appears the deal is now close with sources saying Tielemans has been given assurances it will all be done for him to start training with City.

Tielemans also expressed his desire to return to City after enjoying his loan stint last season.

Brendan Rodgers and his squad fly to France on Sunday for a week-long training camp and Tielemans will be joined by the other City players who were on senior international duty at the end of the season, including Harry Maguire.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-flying-uk-leicester-3060815

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not really, he was considered the biggest prospect in Europe but failed to impress with Monaco and has done "OK" in an average Premier League side. 

I don't know who you were expecting to be all over him to be honest. 

Are you always looking for bites? 

Did more than okay for us I'd say. 

I just don't get how we were the only club to ever be seriously interested in him this summer. 

Naive to write off a player after a spell with one side just cos he was a bit underwhelming partly due to not getting on/being liked by the manager (Jardim). 

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

No, but considering that having a meaningful conversation on here is a thing of the past I can understand why you'd think so. 

He was poor at Monaco, hence why he was shipped out and whilst you'd like to pretend that Leicester are a top club they aren't so him doing alright for you isn't going to put Barcelona and Real Madrid on high alert. 

He'll do alright, nothing more and nothing less.

Where did he suggest he thought clubs like that would be in for him? xD It's not unreasonable to think that other clubs around or just above Leicester's level could have taken a look.

Actually, not sure why I'm bothering because having a 'meaningful conversation' with you is going to be impossible.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

No, but considering that having a meaningful conversation on here is a thing of the past I can understand why you'd think so. 

He was poor at Monaco, hence why he was shipped out and whilst you'd like to pretend that Leicester are a top club they aren't so him doing alright for you isn't going to put Barcelona and Real Madrid on high alert. 

He'll do alright, nothing more and nothing less.

Where did I mention that those clubs would be the competition xD

Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick. 

• Subscriber

To be fair, we had to put up with a lot of "well there's a reason no 'big' clubs were in for him" bollocks when our fanbase were excited over signing Andre Gomes so Cannabis is probably just making sure Leicester don't feel left out.

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

To be fair, we had to put up with a lot of "well there's a reason no 'big' clubs were in for him" bollocks when our fanbase were excited over signing Andre Gomes so Cannabis is probably just making sure Leicester don't feel left out.

So... he’s just being... bitter?

I also just looked at the Andre Gomes thread and literally nobody ever said that about him though on here. So he’s coming off as extra planklike on this

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So... he’s just being... bitter?

I also just looked at the Andre Gomes thread and literally nobody ever said that about him though on here. So he’s coming off as extra planklike on this

Not on here but loads of idiots and a handful of "respected" journalists commented on it.

Also the word bitter has lost all meaning the amount it gets thrown about over nothing nowadays.

• The title was changed to Youri Tielemans Completes Permanent Leicester Move

Archived