talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Youri Tielemans Completes Permanent Leicester Move

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Not on here but loads of idiots and a handful of "respected" journalists commented on it.

Also the word bitter has lost all meaning the amount it gets thrown about over nothing nowadays.

That may be the case, but why bring it up here when Gomes is pretty much universally considered a good player on here and you picked him up from Barca at a very reasonable fee. It's pretty clearly a sensible piece of business and that seems to be the consensus here. When it's just us, who cares about the other idiots outside this forum?

Comes off as a bit weird as Tielemans had a great reputation at Anderlecht, had his move to Monaco and it didn't seem to come off for him... then he gets a chance at Leicester, in a bigger and better league than Ligue 1, and he comes in and looks comfortable as fuck and makes a noticeable difference in their midfield. He's shown some of that potential he showed when he was younger (and he's still young), despite not fitting in with a Monaco side that was, quite frankly, playing like dogshite football for a decent portion of his time there.

It's a sensible signing from them. He's a already familiar with the league, the club, and the manager too. So now that money's changing hands, there's less of a risk as the player is a much more known quantity (like with Andre Gomes and you). I'm not surprised the Leicester lads here are happy with it. It's a signing that makes a lot of sense for them to make.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That may be the case, but why bring it up here when Gomes is pretty much universally considered a good player on here and you picked him up from Barca at a very reasonable fee. It's pretty clearly a sensible piece of business and that seems to be the consensus here. When it's just us, who cares about the other idiots outside this forum?

Comes off as a bit weird as Tielemans had a great reputation at Anderlecht, had his move to Monaco and it didn't seem to come off for him... then he gets a chance at Leicester, in a bigger and better league than Ligue 1, and he comes in and looks comfortable as fuck and makes a noticeable difference in their midfield. He's shown some of that potential he showed when he was younger (and he's still young), despite not fitting in with a Monaco side that was, quite frankly, playing like dogshite football for a decent portion of his time there.

It's a sensible signing from them. He's a already familiar with the league, the club, and the manager too. So now that money's changing hands, there's less of a risk as the player is a much more known quantity (like with Andre Gomes and you). I'm not surprised the Leicester lads here are happy with it. It's a signing that makes a lot of sense for them to make.

I don't actually care enough about any of it to get into any sort of discussion. I don't think I can even explain why I commented in the first place. Maybe at the time I was bored enough to try and stir up some trouble but now I can't be arsed.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't actually care enough about any of it to get into any sort of discussion. I don't think I can even explain why I commented in the first place. Maybe at the time I was bored enough to try and stir up some trouble but now I can't be arsed.

I mean that's why I was a bit surprised by his initial comment... because it was attempting to stir the pot in a transfer that's, really not all that interesting. He's a player that's done well at Leicester already and it just makes sense from all parties involved, he didn't do well with Monaco and they'll get a good fee, Leicester get the player they're familiar with, player's going where he's already done well - it's a lot of parallels with the Andre Gomes transfer (where you got an even better fee and imo the better player, but both deals are good value for money for the quality player they're getting). Which was another... "boring transfer". Good player, low fee, not really a question of where he's going, is done pretty early and quickly, we've all seen him at his new club so it's not all that "new," it's just not that exciting, ya know?

That's why I thought trying to introduce controversy to it was a bit weird xD, I'd not known "journos" and the good people of twatter were saying anything of the kind about Andre Gomes... and that's laughably stupid when you consider everything I just listed. I'd like to think we're above the twats on twitter.

• Subscriber

It's interesting because it's our record ever buy.

Definitely did better than 'OK' too. Was probably the main reason for our upturn in form since Rodgers came in. The biggest reason Vardy's gone back to scoring loads as well.

This is a brilliant signing when it comes in. He could easily play in a better side.

• The title was changed to Youri Tielemans Completes Permanent Leicester Move
  • Administrator

Apparently he was offered to Spurs but they didn't entertain him as any kind of priority.

Man Utd spoke to his agent but never properly made an offer.

Still surprised nobody entertained anything serious with him (apart from us obviously) and very much relieved we can put this particular transfer saga to bed and haven't had to wait til late in the transfer window or even deadline day to sweat it out and sign him. 45m euros the price apparently. 

• Subscriber

I think a lot of the others probably view his time with us as a fairly small sample size and will probably wait in future to see if he maintains it - which he should in theory as he'll have a pre-season with us behind him this year and is already settled in the side. The catch there however is if he does start to really consistently deliver on that early promise he's going to cost a shit load more than what we've just paid for him.

For that reason the fee was a no brainer. It's mad to think Leicester City are paying out forty million for a player but in this current climate I think he's worth it.

Really do think he's an unpolished diamond. He's got that Mahrez factor of knowing you can turn up at a game at the weekend with a decent chance you will see something special.

We're not done yet either. I think we're about a signing or two off and if we get them in, we could have a really good season.

Archived