The better place to talk football.

Football League 2018/19 - 1-5th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Brentford score 5 but I'd imagine Blackburn are more concerned with the injuries to Dack and Graham....

@JOSHBRFC @roversgirl @The Rebel CRS

Turned it off at 4. Shocking after an amazing January. 

Yes hopefully they’re okay. I didn’t see exactly what happened to be honest. 

25 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Turned it off at 4. Shocking after an amazing January. 

Yes hopefully they’re okay. I didn’t see exactly what happened to be honest. 

Was like the game against North End. Went into it in great form then put on that nonsensical showing.

But the worst part about this one is going 2-0 up as a team can't lose a lead like that, albeit being a very early one. Need to do better in these type of games.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, AMG said:

How many points has Leeds dropped ever since the spygate came into light, and they stopped their espionage?

6 (defeats against Stoke and Norwich). But they're still joint top...

Brutally honest, Norwich 100% deserved their win, no complaints.

We were unrecognisable tonight. It genuinely looked like we'd plucked 11 randoms, chucked shirts on their back and winged it. I honestly believe the occasion got to us and that disappoints me because mentally I thought we'd thrive off it.

It felt like a playoff game. We looked tight and nothing like our free flowing self. The early goal shocked us and whilst we huffed and puffed to get back in the game, the 2nd against the run of play knocked us for six.

Far too nervy. All three goals were self inflicted mistakes. We created so many issues for ourselves. So many passes misplaced, no composure. Honestly never expected us to perform so poor.

Credit to Norwich. Done their homework on us. Applied pressure and tried to press us which we're not used to and we never looked like having a plan B to overcome it.

Big wake up call and one that I hope we can use to motivate us in a positive way than affect us in a negative one.

After the shit season we’ve gone through I don’t feel sorry for Blackburn one bit there, we’ve lost and drawn so many games we should have got more from. To go 2-0 down at home and come back and smash 5 goals past them, with Watkins, Benrahma and Canos all scoring as well as Maupay is great. On our day we can pull any division in this team apart but like I said at the beginning of the season consistentcy is our problem.

Still well off the play offs but performances like that could see a surprising late surge.

What a disgrace Mings is. Stepped on Zlatan's face last season and got a 5 game ban for it. Did this today to Nelson Oliveira...

Dyb1MksXcAAQprv.jpg

Looking at the depth of those wounds, I doubt his face will ever be the same even with plastic surgery.

11 minutes ago, Machado said:

What a disgrace Mings is. Stepped on Zlatan's face last season and got a 5 game ban for it. Did this today to Nelson Oliveira...

Dyb1MksXcAAQprv.jpg

Looking at the depth of those wounds, I doubt his face will ever be the same even with plastic surgery.

Always hard to tell with those if it's an accident or not tbf.

Edit: actually having watched it again it does look deliberate

Great performance and win for us. Webster is the best centre back we have had in the last 10 years if not more.

Mad how we're going up mind.

That was unreal. God I love this team. The early goal silenced the crowd and set the tone. I can’t fault anyone.

12 months ago Vrancic was awful, mainly because he was far too slow on the ball. Farke and his team are coaches and the improvement in the players is evident, they actually coach and players are visibly improving. Pukki though has something that is hard to teach, that knack of being in the right place at the right time. When Vrancic shot he was already on the move.

Ipswich next.

Farke ball tm

2 hours ago, Marc said:

That was unreal. God I love this team. The early goal silenced the crowd and set the tone. I can’t fault anyone.

12 months ago Vrancic was awful, mainly because he was far too slow on the ball. Farke and his team are coaches and the improvement in the players is evident, they actually coach and players are visibly improving. Pukki though has something that is hard to teach, that knack of being in the right place at the right time. When Vrancic shot he was already on the move.

Ipswich next.

Farke ball tm

I think the biggest compliment I could give your team was that you have a perceived tag of being weak in defence.

We applied serious pressure between the first goal to the second one, almost half an hour where you had no where but to kick the ball out and we kept coming back at you, but you didn't buckle, especially at corners.

Had we equalised then I think it would have been different but that 2nd goal, the way it come about as well, was a choker.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I think the biggest compliment I could give your team was that you have a perceived tag of being weak in defence.

We applied serious pressure between the first goal to the second one, almost half an hour where you had no where but to kick the ball out and we kept coming back at you, but you didn't buckle, especially at corners.

Had we equalised then I think it would have been different but that 2nd goal, the way it come about as well, was a choker.

It really was a mature performance from the defence. Aarons - 19 years old, Godfrey - 21, Zimmermann - 26 and Lewis - 20 and they've probably played about 100 games in England between them. It was a good game with a really high intensity, both teams pressed well. We kind of did to you what you did to us at Carrow Road.

I think we'll both go up. M'boro away next week for you I think, tough.

13 hours ago, Machado said:

Dyb1MksXcAAQprv.jpg

I just watched this video myself. Looks deliberate to me. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived