talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Do Neutrals Want to Win The League?

football forum

I have noticed there are quite a lot of neatral fans (even man utd supporters) who would prefer city to win the league. Obviously spurs are in the race as well and probably would be the neatrals choice for a lot of fans.                                             But out of city and Liverpool who do a majority of fans want to win the league in your experience?

• The title was changed to Who Do Neutrals Want to Win The League?
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Obviously not me as I'm an Everton fan but neutrals should prefer Liverpool to win the League over Man City whose corruption and dodgy owners are surpassed only by PSG.

However, if you don't like Liverpool either, it's easy to see why Man City are the lesser of two evils. Anyone who doesn't want to see City win the title has already had to stomach it multiple times and if they don't have to stomach it again this season, they will next season or the season after. With Liverpool, at least if you don't like them and they miss out this season, there's less of an inevitability that it's going to happen at some point anyway.

Football is in need of teams making strong memorable history. Fans bouncing off walls. We've got that with Liverpool and you can feel the competition is actually bringing Man City to life a bit more. You can feel the tension. Tottenham are just dead as a fanbase. 

Liverpool. To me they are.more entertaining, and still have a semblence of their identity. Whereas City seem to just overpay for everyone and if they still can't win the league? That's just great.

The argument is used that city and Chelsea aren't big clubs they just got lucky. However if you look through the history of most clubs they have had investment or were started by rich owners so I'm not sure if I buy that.  At the same time I think it is beneficial for the league if a club without limitless finances don't with the league

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Spurs out of the three. I dont want to hear about the Manchester rivaley being 'fierce' anymore. It's clear both fanbase are more concerned with Liverpool than each other. 

I did actually say that spurs were probably many neatrals choice and it was about the other 2

City. My old man has supported them since a boy so I have a little affinity with them. 

Plus, I have a Liverpool supporting mate who quite frankly is an arrogant, cocky smug bastard. He'll reach unbearable levels of cuntness if they win.

Cannot take that risk.

43 minutes ago, Lucas said:

City. My old man has supported them since a boy so I have a little affinity with them. 

Plus, I have a Liverpool supporting mate who quite frankly is an arrogant, cocky smug bastard. He'll reach unbearable levels of cuntness if they win.

Cannot take that risk.

Interesting - are you from Leeds, then? If not, why Leeds?

• Administrator

City. 

Got some Liverpool fans at work who can be right cunts sometimes. 

I think it'd be more unbearable if they win than City. Thankfully the Liverpool fans on here are decent but there's many others around who will be insufferable. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Cannot take that risk.

That's pretty much why it's Man City for me xD to be honest, the Liverpool fans on here are fine and I'd be happy for them.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Stan said:

City. 

Got some Liverpool fans at work who can be right cunts sometimes. 

I think it'd be more unbearable if they win than City. Thankfully the Liverpool fans on here are decent but there's many others around who will be insufferable. 

Mine's at work too. Good lad but cannot be doing with him when it comes to football. The anti-Leicester bias is amazing at times. Convinced it all stems from him living here and probably having a load of shit off our fans when we won it xD 

Tough one for me I like both Spurs and Liverpool even got a Tottenham top. Whenever they play Newcastle I always hope Newcastle win the games but I've got a soft spot for both Spurs and Liverpool. I would probably say Spurs just ahead of Liverpool who do I think will win it would be Liverpool just ahead of City and Spurs. I hope there's 3 teams who can realistically win it going into April. Hopefully Tottenham don't fall away I wouldn't be surprised if they did though but I wouldn't write them out of at the moment and you cannot 19 wins in 25 games that deserves for them to be talked about as title contenders.

Spurs won’t win it but I think it’d be great for the league if they did, continued improvement and a group of players generally playing to their absolute best.

Liverpool for the fact that they’re not an oil club, but also Man City for the fact that the media will have a field day if Liverpool win similar to their last couple of European Cup finals where you could be forgiven for thinking that Liverpool have been a domestic and continental powerhouse year after year since records began.

Liverpool fans I meet are nothing like the media lot, but I think they more than any other club (except maybe Leeds) buy into their own fans hype a bit too much.

Archived