Who Do Neutrals Want to Win The League?

football forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Watford. 

In all seriousness, a new name on the trophy would at least mix it up a bit rather than continuing the monotony of a one team monopoly for the next however many years. 

So could be Liverpool then xD

(when you take in to account football only started in 1992...)

• Subscriber

It was nice seeing Leicester winning it and seeing Gary Linekar getting egg on his face with his...

No, it would be good for football really than seeing the same teams up on top every year with either United, City or Chelsea doing the honours, I would love to see Spurs winning it as I have a young Spurs supporter as a mate and would love to see his face light up, but as I said in my other post, Liverpool, they have not won it for years and that would make my son's day, he has Liverpool tops and he has even bought his son Liverpool tops and bloody cloning him to be a Liverpool supporter!!

On the plus side, our daughter is a United supporter so I have not gone wrong somewhere this time although she does not follow football much she does like what I like. 

12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

The argument is used that city and Chelsea aren't big clubs they just got lucky. However if you look through the history of most clubs they have had investment or were started by rich owners so I'm not sure if I buy that.  At the same time I think it is beneficial for the league if a club without limitless finances don't with the league

Anyone who says that about City is very young and doesn't know anything about football, we have always been in the top 10 biggest clubs even before we became self funded, we won major silverware 50 'ish years before Arsenal and a lot of the other current top clubs, we won the old division 1, we won a major European Cup and we still hold the attendance record outside of Wembley and we had the biggest pitch with the tallest floodlights  ..Man city has more history than America ;)

• Subscriber

I'd like to see Liverpool win it as it adds another name to the list of teams that have won it and that can only be a good thing plus it's definitely long overdue for them to win it. It would be nice for it to remain tight at the top until the end though as it keeps it tense and exciting.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Anyone who says that about City is very young and doesn't know anything about football, we have always been in the top 10 biggest clubs even before we became self funded, we won major silverware 50 'ish years before Arsenal and a lot of the other current top clubs, we won the old division 1, we won a major European Cup and we still hold the attendance record outside of Wembley and we had the biggest pitch with the tallest floodlights  ..Man city has more history than America ;)

I tend to think that whoever currently sits on the throne in any league get the wonder comments flying about how they have no history, don't deserve it, etc. Blow them away and keep on moving, football like anything else is always evolving and it will go in whatever direction the call of the day is. Today its Man City, tomorrow it will be someone else since these things come in phases. I like competitive leagues and if this thing goes down to the wire it will be very exciting.

Man City. I wouldn’t care if they win it every year. Liverpool fans are unbearable and the media love in would be cringe. 

I don’t personally know any Man City fans so I wouldn’t have to put up with any gloating. Liverpool fans on the other hand get everywhere though. Awful.

And happy Blue is cool, of course.

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I tend to think that whoever currently sits on the throne in any league get the wonder comments flying about how they have no history, don't deserve it, etc. Blow them away and keep on moving, football like anything else is always evolving and it will go in whatever direction the call of the day is. Today its Man City, tomorrow it will be someone else since these things come in phases. I like competitive leagues and if this thing goes down to the wire it will be very exciting.

I agree, and Liverpool are long overdue a period of dominance  ..it's hard to believe England's biggest club hasn't won a Premier League yet  ..last year was boring running away with the title, the best title wins for me was taking it from United in injury time on the last day of the season when United thought they had won it and coming from 8pts behind to take it from Liverpool in the last month of the season 

• Subscriber
Just now, Happy Blue said:

I agree, and Liverpool are long overdue a period of dominance  ..it's hard to believe England's biggest club hasn't won a Premier League yet  ..last year was boring running away with the title, the best title wins for me was taking it from United in injury time on the last day of the season when United thought they had won it and coming from 8pts behind to take it from Liverpool in the last month of the season 

One of the best moments in the Premier League era for me. That goal by Kun and the madness that ensued on that day, as a fan of any club that's the kind of victory that sticks in your mind for a long long time.

11 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

One of the best moments in the Premier League era for me. That goal by Kun and the madness that ensued on that day, as a fan of any club that's the kind of victory that sticks in your mind for a long long time.

xD @ the Sunderland fans when Aguero scores that goal 

21 minutes ago, Marc said:

Man City. I wouldn’t care if they win it every year. Liverpool fans are unbearable and the media love in would be cringe. 

I don’t personally know any Man City fans so I wouldn’t have to put up with any gloating. Liverpool fans on the other hand get everywhere though. Awful.

And happy Blue is cool, of course.

Liverpool fans are not unbearable at all. It's a rediculous myth this about Liverpool fans there brilliant. The Liverpool fans round Newcastle I know are top notch. The atmosphere st anfield is superb there a knowledge bunch. It always gives me goose bumps at the start of the game with their anthem and European nights there are brilliant It would be refreshing to see some one else winning it whether that be Liverpool or Tottenham. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I remember that day well I was with my m8 in some Irish bar just off canal street. It was great seeing the reactions of the fans in the bar as well as watching the matches the united fans were singing quite loudly thought they had pinched the title as did I at that stage it was funny watching them storm out as soon as Aguero scored what a day. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Priceless that and I always think that's the way it really should be. Tough competition till the end adds some kind of weird justification for being champions. Take nothing away from what you'll did last season either because that takes immense discipline to achieve.

Let's hope this season goes to the wire and is similar though I doubt there will be a last minute goal to decide it. 😀  Maybe an omen for Liverpool that year Aguero won it for City was their first title their 2nd last game was away to Newcastle City won a hard fought game 2-0 Liverpool going for their 1st title their 2nd last game is at Newcastle. Can we finally see a team clinch the title at our stadium 23 years to late 😀 after blowing a 12 point lead. 

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Priceless that and I always think that's the way it really should be. Tough competition till the end adds some kind of weird justification for being champions. Take nothing away from what you'll did last season either because that takes immense discipline to achieve.

It was great seeing Fergies face what a picture when the news came through. That season and the year Liverpool and City went for the title are my favourite seasons. Also when Newcastle were 12 points clear and took it to the last day we should have won it that year but at least on the positive we were great to watch and played some superb football.

3 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

I remember that day well I was with my m8 in some Irish bar just off canal street. It was great seeing the reactions of the fans in the bar as well as watching the matches the united fans were singing quite loudly thought they had pinched the title as did I at that stage it was funny watching them storm out as soon as Aguero scored what a day. 

We couldn't of won it a better way if it was scripted, all the stars aligned that day, the other title wins don't compare to that one

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We couldn't of won it a better way if it was scripted, all the stars aligned that day, the other title wins don't compare to that one

That one will always mean the most because it was you winning it in the last minute to deny your rivals an unpteenth title but they are all special. The one where you pipped Liverpool was brilliant to it was back and forth all season 1 minute City then Chelsea then Arsenal then Liverpool. Chelsea were realistically in it till April I think Arsenal till February or March. It was a brilliant title race to I fully enjoyed that one as well. I'm sure Toure went off injured at half time when you beat QPR 3-2 the Joey Barton madness added to the drama as did the fact QPR were fighting for survival what a day. 

2 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

That one will always mean the most because it was you winning it in the last minute to deny your rivals an unpteenth title but they are all special. The one where you pipped Liverpool was brilliant to it was back and forth all season 1 minute City then Chelsea then Arsenal then Liverpool. Chelsea were realistically in it till April I think Arsenal till February or March. It was a brilliant title race to I fully enjoyed that one as well. I'm sure Toure went off injured at half time when you beat QPR 3-2 the Joey Barton madness added to the drama as did the fact QPR were fighting for survival what a day. 

Lets hope history repeats and Liverpool bottle it again :D

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Lets hope history repeats and Liverpool bottle it again :D

Dem be fighting words but in all honesty we've lost a lot of steam and its come from injuries and a weird patch we're going through as well. If we can solidify the defense then we'll start to get some joy again. 

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Dem be fighting words but in all honesty we've lost a lot of steam and its come from injuries and a weird patch we're going through as well. If we can solidify the defense then we'll start to get some joy again. 

We had the same thing happen to us over Christmas when we was top, a few key injury's can really upset the rhythm of a team 

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Preston were the first ever league winners doesn't mean they are a big club now. You were bigger than them but you were still a mid table club that was never gonna win the league.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Liverpool fans are not unbearable at all. It's a rediculous myth this about Liverpool fans there brilliant. The Liverpool fans round Newcastle I know are top notch. The atmosphere st anfield is superb there a knowledge bunch. It always gives me goose bumps at the start of the game with their anthem and European nights there are brilliant It would be refreshing to see some one else winning it whether that be Liverpool or Tottenham. 

Well, yeah, the ones you know aren't unbearable. I wouldn't say it's a myth either. Every club has their own set of fans which are absolute knobheads and even Liverpool fans on here would attest to that.

Archived