talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Do Neutrals Want to Win The League?

football forum

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool's squad is being made out to be far better than it is. Henderson is a regular ffs. Milner is very good but man city sold him. 

No they didn't. City offered him a new contract which Milner declined before joining us on a free. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Best LB in the league

Arguably the Best CB in the world

Lots of depth in midfield

3 elite attackers

I fail to see how Liverpool's squad is being made to look better than it is. 

Sturridge and Origi have come on and chipped in with important late goals Shaq has been immense for them brilliant midfield depth at centre back the best defender in the league a top goalkeeper there squad definitely has great strength in depth they've coped admirably with injuries defensively.

Pretty sure Pellegrini was keen on keeping Milner. He even said it in couple of press conferences. 

Of course City's squad is better than us, but the gradual transformation of our squad is admirable. Klopp has systematically built this side. The overall structure of running things (transfer policy) has also now been improved. 

Irrespective of this side winning or not winning the league, the club has shown that it is possible to compete against a side that has financially doped itself to trophies. 

The same could be said of Spurs. 

If I was an Arsenal fan I would look at us and think that it is possible to compete against City, something which was deemed impossible last season.  

Also, one can't judge an entire fanbase on few loud mouths, which frankly is a quality found in all clubs. 

37 minutes ago, Storts said:

Reckon you have to throw us back in there now, for the time being anyway, until we lose to Leicester on  Sunday 

I did actually say originally not to include you in the list as I thought you would be most neutrals favourite and I wanted to find out who people preferred out of city and Liverpool. To be fair if I wasn't an arsenal fan you would probably be my choice

4 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Pretty sure Pellegrini was keen on keeping Milner. He even said it in couple of press conferences. 

Of course City's squad is better than us, but the gradual transformation of our squad is admirable. Klopp has systematically built this side. The overall structure of running things (transfer policy) has also now been improved. 

Irrespective of this side winning or not winning the league, the club has shown that it is possible to compete against a side that has financially doped itself to trophies. 

The same could be said of Spurs. 

If I was an Arsenal fan I would look at us and think that it is possible to compete against City, something which was deemed impossible last season.  

Also, one can't judge an entire fanbase on few loud mouths, which frankly is a quality found in all clubs. 

That is partly why I want you to win it. We won't spend Iike you have under kronke though

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Reckon you have to throw us back in there now, for the time being anyway, until we lose to Leicester on  Sunday 

Ever the optimist you are. You'll probably win on Sunday and the following weekend. Any dropped points for City against Chelsea or Everton and for Liverpool over Bournemouth or Manchester United and it would get even more interesting for Tottenham going into a potentially season defining period with games against Arsenal Chelsea and Dortmund to come. Spurs are definitely in it but you probably have the toughest run in with Arsenal at home and Chelsea City and Liverpool away. It would be an unbelievable achievement and effort if Tottenham won it your definitely in the title race though anything can happen.

I get where your negativity or realism comes from though you get on a run get close and lose or drop points which costs you like against Wolves after being 1-0 up you think your applying pressure then you lose that game 3-1. 

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That is partly why I want you to win it. We won't spend Iike you have under kronke though

A part of me believes that our big buys (Van Dijk and Alisson) were funded with Coutinho money. In terms financial power we are similar. Of course you are right on the spending part. Our owners are willing to spend, and yours isn't. 

Apart from our manager our transfer policy's revamp has helped us greatly. Edwards has got in big money from the sales. Now that you guys have hired a good manager, you desperately need to someone like him. Between Sanchez, Ramsey, etc you have wasted loads of potential cash. 

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

A part of me believes that our big buys (Van Dijk and Alisson) were funded with Coutinho money. In terms financial power we are similar. Of course you are right on the spending part. Our owners are willing to spend, and yours isn't. 

Apart from our manager our transfer policy's revamp has helped us greatly. Edwards has got in big money from the sales. Now that you guys have hired a good manager, you desperately need to someone like him. Between Sanchez, Ramsey, etc you have wasted loads of potential cash. 

Do you think you would have those players without the courtinho sale? If not do you think you are better of?

• Administrator
11 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

I'd love to see Tottenham win the league and have Jim Whites cry into his yellow tie on Sky Sports because of the audacity to not spend £50 million on transfers.

Did you hear what White said the other day?! He was most definitely on the wind up to get calls in to TalkSport but he said Spurs winning the league would be a bigger achievement than when Leicester did it xD 

10 hours ago, Storts said:

Behave.

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did you hear what White said the other day?! He was most definitely on the wind up to get calls in to TalkSport but he said Spurs winning the league would be a bigger achievement than when Leicester did it xD 

Behave.

Don't know why people give that station the time of day - then Durham came on after and said Son wouldn't even make Wolves bench and there were 30 players better than him this season xD

Honestly, you'll do us, we're not playing well and now we are in reach again we will lose, it's the Tottenham way, always let you down

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Storts said:

Don't know why people give that station the time of day - then Durham came on after and said Son wouldn't even make Wolves bench and there were 30 players better than him this season xD

Honestly, you'll do us, we're not playing well and now we are in reach again we will lose, it's the Tottenham way, always let you down

We're not playing too well either! Get an early goal and you'll be fine. It's what we do these days... 

Not to mention we are the gift that keeps on giving. The only positive being that Kane isn't playing and we know he loves a goal or 4 against us. 

21 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool's squad is being made out to be far better than it is. Henderson is a regular ffs. Milner is very good but man city sold him. 

20 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

No they didn't. City offered him a new contract which Milner declined before joining us on a free. 

What happened was, Miler was not happy with the bit part role and wanted a lot more money to stay than we was willing to give him so he went to Liverpool for playing time and more money  ..Delph is now doing the same fill in job Milner did for us, maybe he will end up at Liverpool next like the other City cast off's have over the years :ph34r:

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Storts said:

13 hours ago, Stan said:

We're not playing too well either! Get an early goal and you'll be fine. It's what we do these days... 

Not to mention we are the gift that keeps on giving. The only positive being that Kane isn't playing and we know he loves a goal or 4 against us. 

The pessimism is too much! :friends:

On 05/02/2019 at 14:18, Gunnersauraus said:

Do you think you would have those players without the courtinho sale? If not do you think you are better of?

Van Dijk yes, Alisson no. But the owners have largely backed Klopp. 

I hated Coutinho leaving, but it has actually made our team better. 

Archived