• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Do Neutrals Want to Win The League?

football forum

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Liverpool fans are not unbearable at all. It's a rediculous myth this about Liverpool fans there brilliant. The Liverpool fans round Newcastle I know are top notch. The atmosphere st anfield is superb there a knowledge bunch. It always gives me goose bumps at the start of the game with their anthem and European nights there are brilliant It would be refreshing to see some one else winning it whether that be Liverpool or Tottenham. 

It’s not a myth. 

The atmosphere for regular games is awful. The other week against Leicester it was horrendous. 

3 hours ago, Marc said:

It’s not a myth. 

The atmosphere for regular games is awful. The other week against Leicester it was horrendous. 

It is a myth a lot if there league home games it's very good that's due to nerves in the title race plus it means so much to them and they knew how dangerous Leicester had the potential to be 

Storts If you don't win it do you want City to dominate. Most fans wouldn't want that plus if they go back to back titles it could give them more chance of having a dynasty and dominating the league for years to come if Liverpool win it there's less chance of them dominating and I wouldn't write off Tottenham. 

5 quality full backs Trippier, Aurier, Walker-Peters, Rose and Davies. Depth at centre back Vertonghen, Alderweirald, Sanchez, Joyth And Dier.

In midfield got the likes of Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko, Dier and Skipp. Ali and Eriksson can play there to

In attack got Lamela, Son, Moura, Ali and Eriksson, Llorente, Kane janson might have a part to play to plus in goal Gazzaniga can push Lloris and he's been quality this season it's a myth that Tottenham don't have depth off a strong side they look like they are maturing and getting better all the time to. Champions or future champions are great at getting late goals and Spurs have been the masters of that of late. Great character shown coming from behind to win against Fulham and Watford I ain't going to say they definitely will win it but they definitely can and they are talented enough to. Maybe the hurt of coming close up short in previous seasons could help them and go the extra mile to do it as well.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Well, yeah, the ones you know aren't unbearable. I wouldn't say it's a myth either. Every club has their own set of fans which are absolute knobheads and even Liverpool fans on here would attest to that.

It's a myth that people seem to think the majority of their fans are unbearable of course all sides have there arsehole fans and there good fans Liverpool fans seem to get a lot of unfair stick. Some of it could be jealousy.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

Storts If you don't win it do you want City to dominate. Most fans wouldn't want that plus if they go back to back titles it could give them more chance of having a dynasty and dominating the league for years to come if Liverpool win it there's less chance of them dominating and I wouldn't write off Tottenham. 

5 quality full backs Trippier, Aurier, Walker-Peters, Rose and Davies. Depth at centre back Vertonghen, Alderweirald, Sanchez, Joyth And Dier.

In midfield got the likes of Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko, Dier and Skipp. Ali and Eriksson can play there to

In attack got Lamela, Son, Moura, Ali and Eriksson, Llorente, Kane janson might have a part to play to plus in goal Gazzaniga can push Lloris and he's been quality this season it's a myth that Tottenham don't have depth off a strong side they look like they are maturing and getting better all the time to. Champions or future champions are great at getting late goals and Spurs have been the masters of that of late. Great character shown coming from behind to win against Fulham and Watford I ain't going to say they definitely will win it but they definitely can and they are talented enough to. Maybe the hurt of coming close up short in previous seasons could help them and go the extra mile to do it as well.

I don't think they have got that much strength in depth. Listing the players doesn't prove a point - players like Trippier/Davies/Rose/Wanyama/Foyth/Llorente/Janssen haven't played enough, haven't played well or just simply aren't good enough. 

The two strikers definitely aren't good enough to have a prolonged run in the team and perform each time - look at how many chances Llorente misses (obviously it is important that he gets the goals but I'd back him to miss more than score). Janssen can be written off. 

Liverpool and especially City have much better options to turn to if their main players get injured. 

Why is there less chance of Liverpool dominating if they win it? 

Just now, Kyletoonfan said:

It's a myth that people seem to think the majority of their fans are unbearable of course all sides have there arsehole fans and there good fans Liverpool fans seem to get a lot of unfair stick. Some of it could be jealousy.

Jealousy of what? Also, who said majority are unbearable?

3 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

That sentence makes zero sense. 

What would people be jealous of? 

It can't be a myth if you turn around and say that it's unfair how the Liverpool supporters are viewed. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't think they have got that much strength in depth. Listing the players doesn't prove a point - players like Trippier/Davies/Rose/Wanyama/Foyth/Llorente/Janssen haven't played enough, haven't played well or just simply aren't good enough. 

The two strikers definitely aren't good enough to have a prolonged run in the team and perform each time - look at how many chances Llorente misses (obviously it is important that he gets the goals but I'd back him to miss more than score). Janssen can be written off. 

Liverpool and especially City have much better options to turn to if their main players get injured. 

Why is there less chance of Liverpool dominating if they win it? 

Jealousy of what? Also, who said majority are unbearable?

I'm sure it was said earlier by someone but I cannot be bothered to go back through and read it. Maybe there great history as football was played long before the premier league umpteen league titles 5 champions leagues/European cups 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

That sentence makes zero sense. 

What would people be jealous of? 

It can't be a myth if you turn around and say that it's unfair how the Liverpool supporters are viewed. 

It is a myth they seem to get a lot of unfair stick. There not a side that has more unbearable fans than others it would be no worse if they won the title in fact it would be better if they or Tottenham won it as neither have won it for ages it's boring when you get the same ones always winning it 18 or 19 league titles or whatever it is 5 European cups/ Champions league jealousy of that maybes.

4 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

It is a myth they seem to get a lot of unfair stick. There not a side that has more unbearable fans than others it would be no worse if they won the title in fact it would be better if they or Tottenham won it as neither have won it for ages it's boring when you get the same ones always winning it 18 or 19 league titles or whatever it is 5 European cups/ Champions league jealousy of that maybes.

Yeah - I agree. In fact, I would be perfectly fine with Liverpool winning it. I'd rather not Spurs to win it, but would rather have them other Manchester City. 

• Administrator

Just because a side hasn't won it for ages, if at all, doesn't mean it automatically becomes better for them to win it. Yes I realise people loved it when we won it because it was 'someone different' but at no point would I say we were entitled to win it just for that reason (not saying Liverpool fans on here think that applies to them, mind).

It's better to win it because you're good enough over a season and take your chances when you need to, win the tougher, gritty games and put away the weaker teams, not because you've never won it before. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Just because a side hasn't won it for ages, if at all, doesn't mean it automatically becomes better for them to win it. Yes I realise people loved it when we won it because it was 'someone different' but at no point would I say we were entitled to win it just for that reason (not saying Liverpool fans on here think that applies to them, mind).

It's better to win it because you're good enough over a season and take your chances when you need to, win the tougher, gritty games and put away the weaker teams, not because you've never won it before. 

I agree with that you have to earn it and the winner of the title always deserves it. I just get bored and sick of seeing the same teams winning it and I think it will be great for the comp if Tottenham or Liverpool do it.

In terms of what the clubs stand for and how they've got to this stage, Liverpool should be the obvious team to back BUT every pundit and every football analyst ejaculating isn't something I want to see. City are an easier team to back because them winning is expected and their whole existence as a club is easy to write off anyway.

I do think that Liverpool will end up winning though.

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - I agree. In fact, I would be perfectly fine with Liverpool winning it. I'd rather not Spurs to win it, but would rather have them other Manchester City. 

It would be great if they did I wouldn't mind Spurs either and either way it's a thrilling title race all the top 3 play great football to watch it's going to be a great climax to the season whatever happens between now and may.

I’d rather spurs win it than city, but that wasn’t the question and I think is unrealistic while Ali and in particular Kane are out. 

I’ve never seen the word ‘myth’ used so frequently in a football conversation. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Reading this thread made me think “fuck all of you”

I don't think there's a single Liverpool fan that fits the 'gloating, annoying cunt' description on here. You are all sound.

Therefore, if you win it, regardless of what people would prefer, I'd like to think the forum would be happy for you all. 

No justification for any bitterness on here anyway.

An easy choice for me - Spurs. They're "oooooooooozing saaaaauce blood."

I believe Spurs are most definitely in the race but probably outsiders. 

As for the other two it's really hard to say who I'd rather win it. I respect Liverpool's history more (obviously) and I really like Klopp but it would be unbearable to see them win it. I'm used to Citeh winning the odd league every 3 or 4 years so it isn't such a weird thing as it used to be. I think if I was a neutral I'd definitely rather Liverpool win it but as things stand I really don't think I do.

45 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Liverpool's squad is being made out to be far better than it is. Henderson is a regular ffs. Milner is very good but man city sold him. 

Liverpool's squad is excellent and Henderson is better than you or some others give him credit for. So what players get sold all the time it doesn't mean their not quality. Milner suits Liverpool and has been excellent for them again this season. Manchester United sold Jaap Stam years ago to Lazio I think it was it didn't mean just because he was sold he wasn't a world class defender your point didn't make any sense at all. Liverpool have excellent depth. Sturridge and Origi have chipped in with important late goals shaq has been great for them. Milner gini Fabinho keita ox lallana Henderson they have quality in abundance in centre midfield at the back Matip and Lovren have done well when Gomez has been injured. Virgil Van Dijk improves players as well as his superb performances. Liverpool have the quality and the squad to win they may or may not do it but they have the team to do it. They have been a joy to watch to. 

Archived