talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru Segunda Division

football forum

Probably yeah, its usually that in this division.

To think Sport Boys saved themselves from relegation at the end of last season because of deductions. Now they'll look like they'll piss the league. Although they did reinforce excellently so its no surprise they are doing well.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big weekend in the Segunda... Sport Boys won and Cesar Vallejo lost. Los Rosados are now 7 points clear and considering their form and squad, it will take a serious bottle job for them to not go up. Whether they have the best squad in the league is up for debate, but as an overall team they are miles ahead of everyone else.

As much as I think Cesar Vallejo going back up will help Peruvian football, they are an established club rather than traditional. Sport Boys is the 4th biggest club in the country, so its time they went back to where they belong.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

Yikes. Away form is… concerning!

59760e7dd12d5_Screenshot2017-07-24at16_11_03.png.b669d310930d41145fb0cbeebaa65441.png

There is a player on Cienciano that's got me interested, his name is Rudy Palomino. He's a DM and played for Peru in the U20's. Cusco native too.

Yeah that away form is concerning but they'll win nearly every game at home. Cusco is extremely tough to win at for a coastal team.

• 4 months later...

I'm in Cusco as I've mentioned several times for the Segunda Division final. Sport Boys fans everywhere, I can see it being a caulderon later today at the Estadio Inca Garcilaso de la Vega.

The Segunda has been so corrupt this season so its good that its ending and I hope the ADFP has learned their lesson this year. Especially given we are now a nation in the World Cup.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 05:24, tarzanontoast said:

Looks like the league is going to have a different format to it for 2018. Top 7 teams going into Liguilla set-up, a quarter-final knock-out tournament, with the league winners getting a bye into the semi. 

Welcome back :o 

Your team Cienciano look strong this year. It's going to be them or UCV for the title race this year.

What you said though is correct. It's done to avoid corruption that was to had last year.

I did wonder, what with about 5-6 teams all being docked points last season. 

Hopefully it will mean that a lot more teams have something to fight for, too. One single automatic spot for promotion can kind of kill a league, when there’s a load of mid-table fodder with nothing left to motivate them for the second half of the season. 

Just now, tarzanontoast said:

I did wonder, what with about 5-6 teams all being docked points last season. 

Hopefully it will mean that a lot more teams have something to fight for, too. One single automatic spot for promotion can kind of kill a league, when there’s a load of mid-table fodder with nothing left to motivate them for the second half of the season. 

As of 3 hours ago, there is a chance for a second promotion spot. Teams can now go into a playoff against the 2nd and 3rd placed Copa Peru sides to gain promotion, while the champions of both competitions will still get promoted automatically!

Just now, tarzanontoast said:

PS. Surely Cienciano will finish in the top 8, at least! 

I say top 4 this season. They're looking good.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the 2018 Segunda kicks off today!

Opening fixtures:

César Vallejo 17 : 00 Deportivo Coopsol    
    Atlético Grau 19 : 00 Santa Rosa PNP   More info
    Juan Aurich 19 : 00 Willy Serrato   More info
    Alfredo Salinas 21 : 00 Alianza Atlético   More info
    Sport Victoria 21 : 30 Los Caimanes   More info
    Deportivo Hual… 21 : 30 Sport Loreto   More info
    Union Huaral 21 : 30 Carlos Manucci   More info
Thu 12/04/18 Los Caimanes - César Vallejo   More info
    Deportivo Coopsol - Union Huaral   More info
    Carlos Manucci - Juan Aurich

Since there are 15 teams in this league, one misses out on a fixture each gameweek. The first team to sit out is… Cienciano! BOOOO

3 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

I think the 2018 Segunda kicks off today!

Opening fixtures:

César Vallejo 17 : 00 Deportivo Coopsol    
    Atlético Grau 19 : 00 Santa Rosa PNP   More info
    Juan Aurich 19 : 00 Willy Serrato   More info
    Alfredo Salinas 21 : 00 Alianza Atlético   More info
    Sport Victoria 21 : 30 Los Caimanes   More info
    Deportivo Hual… 21 : 30 Sport Loreto   More info
    Union Huaral 21 : 30 Carlos Manucci   More info
Thu 12/04/18 Los Caimanes - César Vallejo   More info
    Deportivo Coopsol - Union Huaral   More info
    Carlos Manucci - Juan Aurich

Since there are 15 teams in this league, one misses out on a fixture each gameweek. The first team to sit out is… Cienciano! BOOOO

It does begin today, and it is televised which I'm not a fan of given its just one channel and its all simultanous. I rather watch them on Facebook live.

Cienciano are at home to Atletico Grau on Thursday 12th April. So I will be keeping an eye on the result in their match vs Santa Rosa… But Cienciano are solid at home, so I’d like to think they should be able to get off to a winning start, especially because…

…Grau were runners-up in the Copa Peru, so I’m interested to see if they can step up a division okay.

After observing this league last season, I’ll also try and keep track of the two relegated teams from the Segunda (Defensor La Bocana and Ancash) and see how they fare in the Copa Peru. I only just learned that La Bocana won the Copa Peru back in the day to gain a double promotion to the top flight, so I guess it’s no surprise to see them then get a double-relegation in the subsequent seasons…

12 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

Cienciano are at home to Atletico Grau on Thursday 12th April. So I will be keeping an eye on the result in their match vs Santa Rosa… But Cienciano are solid at home, so I’d like to think they should be able to get off to a winning start, especially because…

…Grau were runners-up in the Copa Peru, so I’m interested to see if they can step up a division okay.

After observing this league last season, I’ll also try and keep track of the two relegated teams from the Segunda (Defensor La Bocana and Ancash) and see how they fare in the Copa Peru. I only just learned that La Bocana won the Copa Peru back in the day to gain a double promotion to the top flight, so I guess it’s no surprise to see them then get a double-relegation in the subsequent seasons…

I think Atletico Grau will be fine. They'll finish mid table I'm betting and will comfortably survive relegation. Still a few pieces they need to fill though if they want to go up or fight for a playoff spot. 

Defensor La Bocana won't do anything this season. When you suffer 2 straight relegations, usually the owners lose interest and the club either stop competing or don't get past the first or second stage. San Simon and Deportivo Wanka are 2 prime examples of this. Sport Ancash are more traditional though and I think they will want to begin fighting to go back up.

So apparently, its not televised and the television network that shows Primera lied to us. Typical. Thank goodness, now we don't have to worry about the simultanous games issue.

I'm watching Sport Victoria vs Los Caimanes. 1-1 at the moment and its been an entertaining start.

@tarzanontoast your team Cienciano conceded a last minute equalizer at home to Atletico Grau. Their goalkeeper Victor Ulloa scored from a corner in the very last kick of the game.

I saw Santa Rosa vs Sport Victoria. Very unimpressed with Victoria, who after 2 games I think could fight relegation. Its still too early to say as they have some decent players but right now I've not been impressed. Santa Rosa on the other hand looked quite good on the counter. Some talent in there.

Here is the Segunda Division table. No one got 6 of 6.

Hualgayoc could be the surprise again this season. They look like they have proper coaches given the way they react to each game. Not that they have a fantastic squad either, they have some good players.

Alianza Atletico and Los Caimanes I suspect will stay around the bottom for most of the season, although I have reservations on the latter.

Posiciones+-+Fecha+2.jpg

Away loss for Cienciano… I seem to recall that last season they were stronger at home. They in at half time 1-0 up (Junior Ross, I seem to recall this name from a Football Manager game!), but a quick reply from Sport Victoria after the restart must have prompted two subs in the 51st minute… And then Victoria got the second goal in the 52nd minute. So 1 point from 2 games… But a game in hand on the rest of the league. 

Next game for Cienciano is at home vs César Vallejo… I reckon it will be a tough game – not convinced they’ll win that, either! 

3 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

Away loss for Cienciano… I seem to recall that last season they were stronger at home. They in at half time 1-0 up (Junior Ross, I seem to recall this name from a Football Manager game!), but a quick reply from Sport Victoria after the restart must have prompted two subs in the 51st minute… And then Victoria got the second goal in the 52nd minute. So 1 point from 2 games… But a game in hand on the rest of the league. 

Next game for Cienciano is at home vs César Vallejo… I reckon it will be a tough game – not convinced they’ll win that, either! 

I question Ciencano's manager. Checho Ibarra I'm not sure if he's the right man to take the club forward. Cienciano have the best, or second best squad in the league.

Granted, its only 2 games, but its not a good start.

• 1 month later...

Crikey. 

Cienciano with 5 wins on the bounce and an aggregate score of 15 - 1 across those five games. Even 40 year-old striker Ramon Rodriguez has scored three goals this season! Have Cienciano changed their manager?

Cienciano 1 - 0 Juan Aurich View events More info
Sun 20/05/18 SED Deportivo Hual… 1 - 4 Cienciano View events More info
Sun 27/05/18 SED Cienciano 1 - 0 Alfredo Salinas View events More info
Sun 03/06/18 SED Alianza Atlético 0 - 4 Cienciano View events More info
Sun 10/06/18 SED Cienciano 5 - 0 Sport Loreto

They’re up to 6th in the table after 9 games, after that win over Loreto. Cienciano could go 2nd if they win their next game vs Willy Serrato and other results go their way!  

There’s starting to become quite them ‘them and us’ split in the table, with the bottom five teams already five points adrift from Alfredo Salinas in 10th. And of those bottom five teams, only one of them has recorded a win in their last five games (Sport Loreto beating Willy Serrato). 

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/peru/segunda-division/2018/regular-season/r46614/

20 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

Crikey. 

Cienciano with 5 wins on the bounce and an aggregate score of 15 - 1 across those five games. Even 40 year-old striker Ramon Rodriguez has scored three goals this season! Have Cienciano changed their manager?

Cienciano 1 - 0 Juan Aurich View events More info
Sun 20/05/18 SED Deportivo Hual… 1 - 4 Cienciano View events More info
Sun 27/05/18 SED Cienciano 1 - 0 Alfredo Salinas View events More info
Sun 03/06/18 SED Alianza Atlético 0 - 4 Cienciano View events More info
Sun 10/06/18 SED Cienciano 5 - 0 Sport Loreto

They’re up to 6th in the table after 9 games, after that win over Loreto. Cienciano could go 2nd if they win their next game vs Willy Serrato and other results go their way!  

There’s starting to become quite them ‘them and us’ split in the table, with the bottom five teams already five points adrift from Alfredo Salinas in 10th. And of those bottom five teams, only one of them has recorded a win in their last five games (Sport Loreto beating Willy Serrato). 

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/peru/segunda-division/2018/regular-season/r46614/

Checho Ibarra was sacked after 3 games, I said on Twitter it was the right decision and its proving to be that. Ibarra wasn't ready for a managerial stint.

Cienciano have the second best squad in the league after Cesar Vallejo, then there is also Juan Aurich. Shame only 1 or 2 of the 3 will go up. Hualgayoc are also very good, which they continue to surprise. There will be at least 3 teams disappointed this year.

On another note, Michel Assobo is excellent. Revelation of the season so far.

Archived