talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru Segunda Division

football forum

Watching Los Caimanes vs Alianza Atletico right now.

Alianza Atletico have such an exciting squad. Cristhian Vargas is an excellent box to box midfielder for this league who always drives forward and has quick dribbling about him, making him good on the counter. Jair Cordova is a cool finisher with 18 goals in the league, 6 more than second place. Then there is Accel Campos who is just fancy all across the board. Backheels, long passes, good dribbling. What a player.

1-0 up at the half and look set for another win the way things are going. They've won 4 of the last 5, I fancy them in playoffs to be honest.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ends 2-0 for Alianza Atletico. What a performance from Cristhian Vargas. So dynamic in the midfield and literally when he has the ball, the forwards need to prepare to get onto his pass in the box, as he always makes it to that point.

Jair Cordova added to his tally and now has 19 goals, 7 more than second place.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

@Blue what sort of attendance do you get at this level in Peru?

For that matter, what sort of attendance would you see at a typical top flight game in the Peruvian leagues?

Just curious.

You actually get higher attendances in the Segunda division than the Primera.

Clubs like Alianza Atletico, Cienciano, Manucci, Atletico Grau and Juan Aurich often get good crowds where as top flight teams usually all average below 10,000. Even the biggest teams in the league don't bring a whole lot. I don't really know why. I would usually say it has to do with inconviences of moving from stadium to stadium but Sport Boys brought more people in the second tier than they do now in the first.

I do think it has to do with the amount of nothing clubs in the top flight as opposed to all the traditional teams in the Segunda, but its all semantics.

I know a year ago, Cienciano often brought 30,000 people to games and they are in the second tier where as teams like Universitario still averaged less than 10,000. It's a tough concept to break down but its very inconsistent. Usually the games that bring the most people are finals based around bigger teams.

Cienciano leading Hualgayoc 1-0 at home. That Hugo Ancajima (on loan from Cristal) looks interesting. Causing problems on that right wing and has a good vision for a pass, just like he got the assist for Rudy Palomino's goal.

On the other side, the 2 wingers look decent. Jarlin Quintero and Bryan Hermoza. They are outpacing everyone and continue getting into the box, but there isn't anyone to actually put the ball in. No one to receive the end of the cross.

On 07/09/2018 at 14:52, Blue said:

I'm going to Coopsol vs Manucci tomorrow. Should be fun, just hope it doesn't end in a walkover as the ground is a solid 2-3 hours from home xD

Ended 1-1. Very interesting game in which both teams wanted to win.

@RandoEFC what do you make of 100 away fans in the second tier? 700 KM's from Trujillo to Cañete. It may not be the staggering numbers you get in England but for us it s a good following.

Snap of the ground.

6d108dfa96477b2353f7e1b92a3a35f8.png

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Lovely pitch that.

When I posted on FB that I came down to Cañete, all I got were comments about the pitch :( 

Haha in seriousness, it is pretty shit

• 1 month later...

Now into the Liguilla promotion playoffs. 

Winners of Union Huaral (4th) vs Juan Aurich (6th) will go on to play league winners Cesar Vellejo. 

Elsewhere, 2nd play 8th, 3rd play 7th, with the winners then playing each other in the other semi final. 

Seems like Hualgayoc have had their Liguilla place stripped, due to financial problems. Sucks for them… But Grau have benefitted, taking their place!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Peruvian_Segunda_División

On 30/10/2018 at 12:21, tarzanontoast said:

Now into the Liguilla promotion playoffs. 

Winners of Union Huaral (4th) vs Juan Aurich (6th) will go on to play league winners Cesar Vellejo. 

Elsewhere, 2nd play 8th, 3rd play 7th, with the winners then playing each other in the other semi final. 

Seems like Hualgayoc have had their Liguilla place stripped, due to financial problems. Sucks for them… But Grau have benefitted, taking their place!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Peruvian_Segunda_División

Yes mate, all traditional clubs in. Hualgayoc was the only newish club, but they are not in it anymore!

Cienciano vs Alianza Atletico... ouch, 1 of the 2 strongest teams is guaranteed to go out!

Archived