talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peru Segunda Division

football forum

They've lost basically their whole team from last year. Faiffer and Aguirre the 2 main ones. It wouldn't surprise me to see them drop again.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cienciano had to come back from 2-0 down, but managed an 87th min equaliser! Two goals in two for defender Carlos Caraza. Table-toppers Cesar Vallejo next… gulp. 

@LaSambadeStGermain, I had to double-check when I saw (newly promoted?) Hualgayoc beat Sport Boys? What happened there? Home advantage?

And another loss for poor Ancash. You say they lost the bulk of their team – what’s the situation with transfers in Peru? Is there a ‘window’? Can teams still pick up unattached players, or loan from other teams? Looks like they have a very young squad, especially in defence. 

5922b64cd590c_Screenshot2017-05-22at10_52_35.png.066602dabfa948ae8cad57b13cf1f30f.png

Ancash are going down. If I had to compare their situation, its similar to Hull at the start of the year.

Sport Boys lost because playing away to Cajamarca is never easy. I thought a draw but not a Hualgayoc win if I'm honest.

Cesar Vallejo rest this weekend I think. Good luck for Cienciano next weekend although in Cusco they definitely have a shot.

You were right… Cienciano had the lion’s share of possession, and, as a result, attempts on goal. 592c4859e351a_Screenshot2017-05-29at17_09_40.png.3459334aff01f57f8a07ac9cfe03bfb6.png 

With those stats, you could argue that 0-0 was a disappointing result. A week off for Cienciano, and then Santa Rosa PNP away. Santa Rosa seem strong at home and poor on the road, if early performances are anything to analyse. Coincidentally, Santa Rosa play Cesar Vallejo on Friday, so it’ll be interesting to compare their results with Cienciano.   

Also a huge win for Ancash at the other end of the table! With only one spot for relegation, you never want one team to be bottom all season, so that early 6-pointer with Defensor La Bocana spices things up a lot.

592c489a052f3_Screenshot2017-05-29at17_06_12.png.8808f2682d9b84fddd7e37e2c4dd63a2.png

I do feel a bit sorry for Ancash, especially considering that the image representing  their stadium on Soccerway is not the most flattering picture going! Surely they must access to a better image than this?! 

592c48a25fc97_Screenshot2017-05-29at17_05_46.thumb.png.5b62d4021cf7d13ae619a8b186ddf371.png 

Cienciano play at a really high altitude, so its not easy for the coastal teams to get results.

Santa Rosa are good at home because they play in a really complicated location. In Andahuaylas, even I don't know where that is! Its also at a high altitude like Cusco but if I'm correct this is actually higher up.

6 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

592c48a25fc97_Screenshot2017-05-29at17_05_46.thumb.png.5b62d4021cf7d13ae619a8b186ddf371.png 

That's a superb but extremely inaccurate picture xD

They share a stadium with Sport Rosario and its definitely not that bad! At least not on TV haha

8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Cienciano play at a really high altitude, so its not easy for the coastal teams to get results.

Interesting. Cienciano have picked up 7 out of their 8 points total at home thus far. Meanwhile, away, they lost to Los Caimanes… a coastal team. 

I wonder what sort of impact this geographical factor has on betting on results for the league?

Sport Boys and Cesar Vallejo will be a proper battle this year. Choosing which one will go up is the hardest challenge since picking your starter pokemon in red and blue.

A lot of goals this weekend! Willy Serrato shipping 6 to Defensor La Bocana, who had only scored 2 goals all season prior to this. Yikes. Their goal difference is already -14…

Mainly home wins, except for Sport Boys winning away. Interesting that they were playing a fellow coastal team, so no geographical advantage there. 

The other non-home win was Ancash picking up a point against fellow strugglers Coopsol. Is that something of a derby? Both teams seem pretty close to each other. 

No game for Cienciano this weekend. Away to inconsistent Santa Rosa on Friday…

59355b1e630fb_Screenshot2017-06-05at14_21_08.png.a95a1a7b7a42c01ee3f547e540e97fd0.png

6 minutes ago, tarzanontoast said:

A lot of goals this weekend! Willy Serrato shipping 6 to Defensor La Bocana, who had only scored 2 goals all season prior to this. Yikes. Their goal difference is already -14…

Mainly home wins, except for Sport Boys winning away. Interesting that they were playing a fellow coastal team, so no geographical advantage there. 

The other non-home win was Ancash picking up a point against fellow strugglers Coopsol. Is that something of a derby? Both teams seem pretty close to each other. 

No game for Cienciano this weekend. Away to inconsistent Santa Rosa on Friday…

59355b1e630fb_Screenshot2017-06-05at14_21_08.png.a95a1a7b7a42c01ee3f547e540e97fd0.png

Some info on everything.

Cienciano are away to Santa Rosa and they may be used to the altitude, but Andahuaylas is the second hardest ground to won at. Hard to reach and a complicated place to stay in although nowhere near as high as Espinar.

Coopsol drew but the big shock was that German Alemanno scored a goal :o

I'll say as much as I'm surprised at how poor Carlos Manucci started off. Hualgayoc has the surprise start, but I'm sure they'll finish around mid table.

20 hours ago, Storts said:

Just noticed Brian created a second account to talk to himself 

Ha! I can confirm I am not Brian 2.0… xD

Part of the reason I joined this site was I wanted to find smaller non-European leagues to follow during the down-time of the Premier League. Also, to educate myself a bit more about world football, different league formats, etc.

So threads like this one are perfect for me!

I continue to be pleasantly surprised how close this league is. Like you predicted, Brian, Sport Boys appear to be strong favourites at this early stage. Despite going a goal behind, looks like another stroll to victory for them over the weekend.

On 5 June 2017 at 2:43 PM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm surprised at how poor Carlos Manucci started off. Hualgayoc has the surprise start, but I'm sure they'll finish around mid table.

Nice home win for Carlos Manucci vs Hualgayoc this week! xD

Cienciano couldn’t hold onto an early lead, conceding in the 86th minute to Santa Rosa. However, I think that goes down as a well-earned point, considering Santa Rosa’s strong home form. It also means three draws on the bounce… Hopefully that will change next week though because next up for Cienciano is a home clash against Ancash. But saying that, Ancash’s form has improved recently – does their 1-1 draw to Cesar Vallejo mean they might have turned the corner after a woeful start? Unbeaten in three now. 

Willy Serrato, on the other hand, might need to hit the panic button. Another four shipped this gameweek: 1-0 up and a man to the good after Coopsol went down to 10 men on 55 mins. Looks like that red card was the catalyst for Coopsol, who went on to score four in the last 30 mins.  A huge three points for them. 

593fc1419ca3d_Screenshot2017-06-13at11_39_03.png.bf364f16cbca1e9094daefbe502d3463.png

My only concern with this league is that if one team does run away with it, there is only one spot open for promotion. Similarly, there’s only one hazardous spot for relegation. Happily with the latter it looks like we might be in for a tight season down the bottom which should make for an exciting season, but if, for example, Sport Boys run away with it, what incentive is there for the likes of those finishing around 3rd/4th/5th? Part of me wishes there were two promotion spots open and a playoffs system for say, 2nd-5th.

I know the winner of the Copa Peru gets a ‘double’ promotion,  leapfrogging this league entirely, which is a unique prize and one that I imagine makes for incredible scenes for those lower-league teams. Quite the hallowed carrot to try and chase! But it seems to me that, as a result, it has spoiled the stakes and rewards on offer in the Segunda. What do you think? 

There is no incentive. That actually had me thinking the other day that Peru should have 3 teams relegated in the top flight, opening up a second spot in the Segunda and leaving the Copa Peru there. César Vallejo and Sport Boys could both do well in the top flight but only one will go up.

Hopefully it's Boys though, they are the 4th biggest team in Peru and it's only time they return.

4 hours ago, Eco said:

@LaSambadeStGermain - Am I missing something or do you have a thread active for the 2nd and 3rd tier, but not the first?

We do. We somehow got this one more active though. I blame me focusing on the U20 World Cup for that.

5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

We do. We somehow got this one more active though. I blame me focusing on the U20 World Cup for that.

xD Gottcha. I met someone last night from Lima, so I figured you'd be all over the league.

• The topic was pinned

So, the past two weeks of fixtures… The definition of a mixed bag for Cienciano. Walloped poor old Ancash 4-0 at home. Then next week lost 5-1 to Willy Serrato. What the crappity-crap happened there? I mean, WS are a coastal team and I now understand that geography can play a part in some results, but… I though WS were one of the poorer teams in this league. Willy Serrato have the worst goal difference and have already lost at home to the likes of newly promoted Hualgayoc (0-4) and Average Joes Coopsol (1-4) so far this season. Cienciano only managed their consolation goal in the 90th min! But you have to credit WS I guess… that was a massive 3 points for them, giving them some breathing space at the bottom and a shot in the arm for their woeful GD. 

Up next for Cienciano are table-toppers Sport Boys at home – if they dropped five goals to WS god only knows what the scoreline will be!

Other results of note include Sport Boys and Cesar Vallejo sharing a point apiece in the battle for promotion. Bet that game was tense! 

5953d7f4d134b_Screenshot2017-06-28at17_18_14.png.0ce977c7f2fbe681e14f414e46a02113.png

I also see that Defensor La Bocana have been docked 2 points. Be interesting to see if that has a serious impact come the end of the season. Not sure why they got punished, though… Maybe Brian could shed some light?

5953d7f45dd38_Screenshot2017-06-28at17_21_36.png.123fbcd9326414e9ba58cb60b42629d2.png

I think I read about La Bocana's points. It was probably due to administration. Can't remember. I'll look it up and come back.

I'll be trying to catch more of the league rather than just the top 2. The games are sometimes broadcasted on Facebook. Visión Deportes in particular has all the Sport Loreto games. Good for me, they're actually one of the teams that most interests me.

Sport Victoria is the other. Colombian veteran Tressor Moreno has just signed at 38 years of age. The one I'm interested in though is Carlos Gomez who played for Peru's U20's in the Sudamericano. He wasn't overly impressive in that tournament but no Peruvian keeper impresses at youth level. Gallese for instance was a sub I'm correct at the U17 World Cup in 2007. Gomez is on loan from Alianza. We'll find out in due time if he's good enough to replace Leal Butron once he retires.

Back to Sport Loreto, Mario Ceballos has left the club to sign for Trujillianos in Venezuela. That surprises me but I can't help but think it's good news. Trujillianos were in the Libertadores last year.

Watching the Sport Loreto match now. Sport Loreto down 3-1 away to Coopsol. German Alemanno scores the third. He's still the worst player I've ever seen play the game.

19 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Watching the Sport Loreto match now. Sport Loreto down 3-1 away to Coopsol. German Alemanno scores the third. He's still the worst player I've ever seen play the game.

Coopsol won 3-2, lovely free kick to bring it down to just a goal. Sport Loreto couldn't get a third in that short time unfortunately. 

Big match today in Cienciano vs Sport Boys. Sport Boys will want a win to take advantage of Cesar Vallejo's dropped points, but playing in Cusco is simply too difficult. I expect Cienciano to win.

On 1 July 2017 at 7:16 AM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

The games are sometimes broadcasted on Facebook.

Cool!

On 1 July 2017 at 7:16 AM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Back to Sport Loreto, Mario Ceballos has left the club to sign for Trujillianos in Venezuela. That surprises me but I can't help but think it's good news. Trujillianos were in the Libertadores last year.

Is there a bit more respect heading towards the Venezuelan league after their successful U20s World Cup run? They must be doing something right. 

Cienciano drew 1-1 with Sport Boys… I’m happy with that. 

But I see that there are some further points deductions, affecting a lot of teams down t the bottom. Financial trouble? Again, I can’t find any articles on it. 

595d08ff070e7_Screenshot2017-07-05at16_40_54.png.3b6bbdcd39c3278da15de61fbe420f63.png

• The topic was unpinned

Archived