talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Clubs Agree to Continue Away Ticket Price Cap

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47161771

£30 maximum price for away tickets to continue for next 3 years.

Premier League clubs have unanimously agreed to continue the £30 cap on away ticket prices for the next three years.

The measure was introduced for the start of the 2016-17 season and will now run until the end of 2021-22.

A Premier League statement said: "All clubs know the crucial importance of away fans in generating the best possible atmosphere at matches.

"Clubs recognise the additional travel costs often involved when following a team away from home."

The statement added: "For the last four consecutive seasons, Premier League crowds have reached record levels with 96% of tickets sold.

"This is testament to the compelling football and dedication of fans, and the league is committed to maintaining these high attendances."

Would help if clubs stopped agreeing to matches being moved for TV so that away games are more realistic and affordable for fans to attend. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea needs to be in the championship and for home teams. Leeds last week for us was £39, i don't know what we are charging ipswich on sunday, but i'd guess £35.

I think £30 is very fair and £20 would be overly cheap.

2 minutes ago, Marc said:

Yea needs to be in the championship and for home teams. Leeds last week for us was £39, i don't know what we are charging ipswich on sunday, but i'd guess £35.

I think £30 is very fair and £20 would be overly cheap.

Should be no more than £25 in the Championship across the board for me, though I imagine clubs wouldn’t be happy given the prices some charge currently. 

Archived