talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 9th February, 2019

football forum

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henderson, Gini & Trent are back so we are going to be much better off. Bournemouth are no mugs ands it's another difficult game. Hopefully our home advantage and having important players back gets us into winning ways again.

• Subscriber

Can't be arsed with this game. Cup final for Watford and they're in better shape than we are so they should win. Even if it was a cup final for us I wouldn't back our players to be arsed because they're mostly shithouses and it'll take more than one "well it looked like they were up for it at least" performance against City to convince me otherwise.

My hope is that the players try and show some extra fight and loyalty to the manager in light of the circumstances around this game. My expectations are less than zero.

Kenny and Davies must keep their places as I trust them to actually give a fuck. If Walcott starts then I might just switch the game off. Happily see him never pull an Everton shirt on again at this point. Get Lookman out there or Richarlison and Bernard in the wide positions. A midfield three worked well last time out, think it's worth persisting with so Sigurdsson stays on the bench unless Silva wants to try him as a false nine which couldn't be much worse than trying to play Tosun or Calvert-Lewin as a lone striker with no service.

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Bournemouth are terrible away from home so we should be winning this comfortably. Hopefully got a couple of players back in the starting 11. Not sure if it's too soon for Trent?

Didn't realise they'd lost their last 8 away!

Should stroll this...

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Didn't realise they'd lost their last 8 away!

Should stroll this...

Trips to Liverpool, Huddersfield and Arsenal before they come here. If they lose at Huddersfield we all know what's happening.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dan said:

Trips to Liverpool, Huddersfield and Arsenal before they come here. If they lose at Huddersfield we all know what's happening.

Yeah were not beating them. Standard. Still can't believe they're the only team we've not beaten since getting promoted. Shameful. 

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah were not beating them. Standard. Still can't believe they're the only team we've not beaten since getting promoted. Shameful. 

Haven't even held a lead against them let alone beat them.

• Subscriber

I really take nothing for granted when it comes to playing teams that everyone thinks we should beat. TAA and Gini trained and I really hope they get back in the squad for this one so that we can start to get our best XI out on the pitch. Anything but a win and we're going to start to unnecessarily apply pressure on ourselves. Would be nice to think that Chelsea do us a solid here but that game should really be out of sight and out of mind.

Keita needs a rest or a kick up his backside to get back into gear like he did when he first started playing because his touch is poor and his passing is looking terribly sloppy. Even impact players like Shaqiri look a bit off it but this is a testing period and I really hope we start to see an up-turn soon. 

Özil, Auba, Xhaka and Ramsey out...

3 at the back for Huddersfield away is silly no need for it. Think Huddersfield have got a chance today, we look short on the bench as well no impact players.

Özil "ill" again, he has to be moved on this summer, no point wasting time now.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived